Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner (17393 Views)

Kano Governorship Election: Declare Our Candidate Winner To Avoid Violence - PDP / APC NWC Panel Declares Abiodun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Primaries / Clement Ebri NWC Panel Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by humberjade: 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2018
Every attempt by these saboteurs to thwart Ogun West Governorship aspiration will fail...we know their plans and we will be waiting for them. grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by humberjade: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
Leward:

There was, it was generally peaceful. Though the other candidates most especially dapo abiodun boycotted. They somehow knew before the election that ballot papers would be brought in from abj and told their followers not to go out. the party leadership in the state were not aware and went on with preparations for A4. Ballot papers eventually came for real, but it wasn't supposed to be so because APC guidelines state that ballot is to be used only in indirect primaries while A4 should be used in direct. Meanwhile the gov wanted indirect in the first place but instructions came from ABJ for it to be direct.
Schools were even closed impromptu when the nwc said they were ready only to change mouth.
NWC seems to be toying with the party leadpostponing and changing instructions and this has led to suspicions
The main battle is between dapo abiodun (and he is from ijebu) and the gov candidate from yewa. By zoning principle the next gov should be from yewa, but it has been flouted in the past so it might not hold
N.b I'm not a party member just someone who is in the state and knows what is going on

You are so correct.

There is this news going round that Osinbajo along with d Osoba group are the ones behind this dangerous game; he wants Dapo Abiodun to emerge as APC candidate in Ogun at all cost. And this was affirmed by a member of d NWC sent from Abuja. He said he and another member, a Prof were expelled from d NWC because they stood by what is right. He said they were bn punished because they did not follow orders from APC HQ that a certain aspirant must emerge as APC candidate at all cost.

A Dapo Abiodun that couldn't win a Senatorial District in 2015 now thinks he can win a Guber Election in the whole of Ogun State...what a day dreamer.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by wolewole200(m): 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
If APC cannot organise itself to hold primaries, I wonder what will happen in 2019? The sham and shame that has been going on in Ogunstate since Sunday night is really apauling.

That report up there did not add that the meeting held at the MITROS suites ended with gun shots that has not occurred in Abeokuta in almost a decade. Members of the NWC escaped by whiskers while members of he public scampered for safety. The sham called primaries that was held on Tuesday was also characterized by thuggery and fightings.

This afternoon, APC thugs and members of the Okada Union and Transport Union went rampaging all around town (3 on a bike) brandishing cutlasses, diggers, knives, clubs etc and with guns being fired in the air all around Abeokuta. I WAS NOT TOLD I SAW THIS TODAY! Some of them even went as far as entering into shops of building materials owners to cart away cutlasses while their owners scampered for safety. Parents were on the phone calling their children's schools to ensure safety. It was indeed a sad day for the city.

All these happened just because some insane people were carrying out party primaries. Little wonder they told schools to close on Tuesday.

Comparing this with the PDP is a shame on anyone who does that. PDP did its primaries in Abeokuta on Sunday. Even though there were parallel primaries, if you didn't pass through their secretariat or OOPL you won't know what was going on.

As for me, I may decide not to vote in 2019. My PVC is useful for bank transaction. This Cult called party are not ready to relinquish power and will do anything to hold on to it. Let them keep shedding their own blood, very soon my Visa will be ready.

Wolewole ni mi
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by dyydxx: 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
humberjade:

You are so correct.

There is this news going round that Osinbajo along with d Osoba group are the ones behind this dangerous game; he wants Dapo Abiodun to emerge as APC candidate in Ogun at all cost. And this was affirmed by a member of d NWC sent from Abuja. He said he and another member, a Prof were expelled from d NWC because they stood by what is right. He said they were bn punished because they did not follow orders from APC HQ that a certain aspirant must emerge as APC candidate at all cost.

A Dapo Abiodun that couldn't win a Senatorial District in 2015 now thinks he can win a Guber Election in the whole of Ogun State...what a day dreamer.

Ok so what will happen now? Has NWC supported Akinlade now?
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by vision2050: 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Leward:

There was, it was generally peaceful. Though the other candidates most especially dapo abiodun boycotted. They somehow knew before the election that ballot papers would be brought in from abj and told their followers not to go out. the party leadership in the state were not aware and went on with preparations for A4. Ballot papers eventually came for real, but it wasn't supposed to be so because APC guidelines state that ballot is to be used only in indirect primaries while A4 should be used in direct. Meanwhile the gov wanted indirect in the first place but instructions came from ABJ for it to be direct.
Schools were even closed impromptu when the nwc said they were ready only to change mouth.
NWC seems to be toying with the party leadpostponing and changing instructions and this has led to suspicions
The main battle is between dapo abiodun (and he is from ijebu) and the gov candidate from yewa. By zoning principle the next gov should be from yewa, but it has been flouted in the past so it might not hold
N.b I'm not a party member just someone who is in the state and knows what is going on
From reliable source I heard Osinbajo and Oshiomole are supporting Dapo Abiodun, how true?
Zoning should not be use to choose any candidate.
Amosun too want to be Jagaban of Ogun State which will not work. How can he nominated 40 candidates for 40 elective posts, from governor to deputy to 3 Senate seats, to 9 HOA and 26 Assembly seats? He should treads softly.
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by vision2050: 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
wolewole200:
If APC cannot organise itself to hold primaries, I wonder what will happen in 2019? The sham and shame that has been going on in Ogunstate since Sunday night is really apauling.

That report up there did not add that the meeting held at the MITROS suites ended with gun shots that has not occurred in Abeokuta in almost a decade. Members of the NWC escaped by whiskers while members of he public scampered for safety. The sham called primaries that was held on Tuesday was also characterized by thuggery and fightings.

This afternoon, APC thugs and members of the Okada Union and Transport Union went rampaging all around town (3 on a bike) brandishing cutlasses, diggers, knives, clubs etc and with guns being fired in the air all around Abeokuta. I WAS NOT TOLD I SAW THIS TODAY! Some of them even went as far as entering into shops of building materials owners to cart away cutlasses while their owners scampered for safety. Parents were on the phone calling their children's schools to ensure safety. It was indeed a sad day for the city.

All these happened just because some insane people were carrying out party primaries. Little wonder they told schools to close on Tuesday.

Comparing this with the PDP is a shame on anyone who does that. PDP did its primaries in Abeokuta on Sunday. Even though there were parallel primaries, if you didn't pass through their secretariat or OOPL you won't know what was going on.

As for me, I may decide not to vote in 2019. My PVC is useful for bank transaction. This Cult called party are not ready to relinquish power and will do anything to hold on to it. Let them keep shedding their own blood, very soon my Visa will be ready.

Wolewole ni mi
the craziness is out of this world, if other 90 parties want to do their election and went crazy like APC, schools will be locked up for a term. I don't pity those useless thugs, the person wey gods want to strike, it first of all make them mad.

Sanita Sanitatum!

1 Like

Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by humberjade: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
dyydxx:

Ok so what will happen now? Has NWC supported Akinlade now?

I don't know about the NWC...but the DSS and INEC officials were on ground during d primaries on Tuesday...Even the NTA Network News just confirmed Akinlade as APC Gov Candidate in Ogun State...so with all these in play, d NWC will eventually announce him too, just like it played out in Lagos.
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by Ketaokeipheoma: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2018
HazzanTazzan:
Lol... Did any primary hold in Ogun state ?

With touts wielding machetes and axes everywhere today...

They were moving in hundreds on bikes with their axes and machetes going from voting points to the other and pursuing delegates away...

So many people with machete injuries
were did the primary election self.after chasing pple with machete nd axe
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by dyydxx: 9:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
vision2050:
From reliable source I heard Osinbajo and Oshiomole are supporting Dapo Abiodun, how true?
Amosun too want to be Jagaban of Ogun State which will not work. How can he nominated 40 candidates for 40 elective posts, from governor to deputy to 3 Senate seats, to 9 HOA and 26 Assembly seats? He should treads softly.

Nobody can form Emperor in Ogun state o. It has never worked before and I hope Amosun doesn't have his way. But pdp too is divided so i dont know what will happen?
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by dyydxx: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
humberjade:

I don't know about the NWC...but the DSS and INEC officials were on ground during d primaries on Tuesday...Even the NTA Network News just confirmed Akinlade as APC Gov Candidate in Ogun State...so with all these in play, d NWC will eventually announce him too, just like it played out in Lagos.

But tuesday primaries were boycotted by Dapo Abiodun and the rest now. why dont Amosun just make this thing free and fair. I think his candidate will still emerge in a free process so why all the abracadabra. anyway lets see how it plays out
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by dyydxx: 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ketaokeipheoma:
were did the primary election self.after chasing pple with machete nd axe

abi o but they wan copy Lagos APC grin but Amosun is no Jagaban
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by TGM2015: 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
vision2050:
On this, I think Amosun is only being fair and holding to mutual agreement. The Yewa/Awori step down for Amosun though as at then, then have no viable candidate cum the sympathy vote that Amosun will get against Gbenga Daniel who was believed to have assassinated one aspiring governorship candidate. For eight years the Yewa/Awori constituency has been grooming and warming up, the Ijebus just wanted to be selfish by presenting a candidate. The selfishness that has been the reason why Ijebu state has never be created including suppressing the Remos.

The PDP candidates is from Remo with a very popular household name reason why he won his constituency. The Egba will favourably support Yewa/Awori and any candidate from Remo but may be disposed to Ijebus. So, it will be more better for APC to give the Yewa guys because they may feel cheated and resoundingly give a protest votes against APC. Those guys are more united that other major ethnic groups in Ogun.

dyydxx:
abeg who understands ogun politics should come and analyse. I wish pdp can win but they are divided too. Odebiyi too wants to do like Balogun but who knows whether oshiomole will back him up

***modified***
I just discovered that The APC NWC declared winner is from the same town with the PDP candidate, that is, both are from Iperu Remo.
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by humberjade: 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2018
dyydxx:

But tuesday primaries were boycotted by Dapo Abiodun and the rest now. why dont Amosun just make this thing free and fair. I think his candidate will still emerge in a free process so why all the abracadabra. anyway lets see how it plays out

There is a force behind d scene trying to play pranks in Ogun...Imagine d NWC coming to Ogun with ballot papers that are meant for Indirect Primaries, instead of A4 papers for Direct Primaries as approved by d APC HQ.

Like i mentioned earlier, there is this news going round that Osinbajo along with d Osoba group are the ones behind this dangerous game; he wants Dapo Abiodun to emerge as APC candidate in Ogun at all cost. And this was affirmed by a member of d NWC sent from Abuja. He said he and another member, a Prof were expelled from d NWC because they stood by what is right. He said they were bn punished because they did not follow orders from APC HQ that a certain aspirant must emerge as APC candidate at all cost.

Gov Amosun was proactive instead of trying to be reactive like Okorocha...he got wind of their plans b4 they could carry it out.
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by dyydxx: 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
humberjade:

There is a force behind d scene trying to play pranks in Ogun...Imagine d NWC coming to Ogun with ballot papers that are meant for Indirect Primaries, instead of A4 papers for Direct Primaries as approved by d APC HQ.

Like i mentioned earlier, there is this news going round that Osinbajo along with d Osoba group are the ones behind this dangerous game; he wants Dapo Abiodun to emerge as APC candidate in Ogun at all cost. And this was affirmed by a member of d NWC sent from Abuja. He said he and another member, a Prof were expelled from d NWC because they stood by what is right. He said they were bn punished because they did not follow orders from APC HQ that a certain aspirant must emerge as APC candidate at all cost.

Gov Amosun was proactive instead of trying to be reactive like Okorocha...he got wind of their plans b4 they could carry it out.

NWC has just declared DApo ABiodun. Confusion everywhere
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by walexsho(m): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
which are we to accept Chairman NWC declares Dapo: TVC News ... State party Chairman declares Akinlade: Nairaland
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
gaby:

Hahahahha...we go change am to explosion be that...

Anything that will make them scatter fast
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by humberjade: 10:58am On Oct 04, 2018
dyydxx:

I just tire jare...but i can tell u this, Dapo Abiodun who is using d Osoba faction to sabotage Amosun's plan for Ogun East will eventually be dropped as d APC HQ is yet to agree with d NWC.

Amosun is Buhari's personnel person; he won't open his eyes and watch his political son get burnt...if he does, then Amosun will have no choice but t align with OBJ in ADC.
Re: Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner by humberjade: 11:06am On Oct 04, 2018
dyydxx:

I just tire jare...but i can tell u this, Dapo Abiodun who is using d Osoba faction to sabotage Amosun's plan for Ogun West will eventually be dropped as d APC HQ is yet to agree with d NWC.

Amosun is Buhari's personnel person; he won't open his eyes and watch his political son get burnt...if he does, then Amosun will have no choice but to align with OBJ's candidate in ADC, GNI.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo To Recover Oil Wells From Rivers / All Bola Tinubu Support Groups To Hold Meeting On January 17th / Yahaya Bello Commissions Projects In Kogi University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.