Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Why Do I Have A Heavy Period - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do I Have A Heavy Period (548 Views)

#NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter / Violet J: My Breasts Are Too Heavy, My Bra Size Not In Market, I Need Surgery" / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Have A Heavy Period by tigerex27: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
heavy period Heavy menstrual bleeding is an abnormal or prolonged bleeding which is medically referred to as Menorrhagia. Heavy period has been an underlying health problem in over 30% women which occurs during their reproductive lifetime, many women do not know that they can get help for it. Others do not get help because they are too embarrassed to talk with a doctor about their problem.This bleeding can last up to 5-7 days, with this you can't maintain your usual activities when you have your period because you have so much blood loss and cramping. Heavy period can be caused by various factors such as cancer, dysfunction of the ovaries, hormonal imbalance, medications, pregnancy complication. It is important you should go to the hospital or consult your doctor.

Symptoms

signs and symptoms of a heavy period includes;

- Regular replacement of one or more sanitary pads or tampons every hour for several consecutive hours
- Using double sanitary protection to control your menstrual flow
-Having multiple interuptions when sleeping in the course of changing sanitary protection during the night
-Bleeding for longer than a week (bleeding can last for 7 days or more)
-Passing blood clots larger than a quarter or larger
-Inability to carryout daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
-One may experience symptoms of anemia, such as tiredness, fatigue or shortness of breath, appear pale
-Experiencing constant pain in the lower part of the stomach during menstrual periods.

When you need to see your doctor
When a patient experience any of the following, she should immediately seek medical attention;

- When your period becomes heavy that it soaks at least one pad or tampon an hour for more than two hours
- Bleeding between periods or irregular vaginal bleeding

- Vaginal bleeding after menopause
- If your period prevents you from doing normal activities because of pain, cramping, and heavy bleeding, it’s time to see your doctor.

The doctor may ask you the following questions; continue reading =https=www.gregoryhealthworld.com/2018/10/why-do-i-have-heavy-period.html

(1) (Reply)

Get Rid Of Worms And Menstrual Pain With Natural Medicine. / Please Help Me, My Wife Want To Run Away Because I Am Infertile!!! / A Baby Chicken, Instead Of An Egg, Found Inside An Agric Chicken In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.