Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,297 members, 7,957,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:15 PM

No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana (10905 Views)

Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month / Nigeria: Report - Nigeria Loses 72 Percent Internet Revenue To Us / Nigeria Loses $90m Investment To Kenya As Coca-cola Expands Operation In E’afric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by Edge1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2018
obailala:

Private mining companies are mining in Gombe, private companies are mining in Kogi, the FG is not known to mine any solid mineral anywhere. Is there anything (human or spirit) stopping anyone from mining coal in Enugu?... Who is marginalising who?

#MentalSlavery

FG will give you the licence before you can start mining. If they don't, you can't mine. They have turned down several applications submitted for mining
Reason with your brains.
Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by obailala(m): 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
samuelchimmy:
and why is that. I thought projects are supposed to be executed tactically to serve the populace from all geo-political zones.... Don't tell me they are coming to it, you are not their spokes person.... I mean you should know how important enugu is geopolitically it should take alot of high level directives To ignore it...
Assuming we already had numerous functional rail lines in different locations around the country, but yet to have any at Enugu, then your point would have been rational. But that is clearly not the case.

You say Enugu is an important city and there's no doubt about that. But Lagos is also an important city, being the former FCT and the commercial capital of Nigeria, the economy of Lagos alone beats the economy of several geopolitical zones in Nigeria put together. If there's a scale of preference, I know it makes more sense to power Lagos with a functional standard rail before anywhere else in Nigeria. Similarly, Abuja is also a large city and the FCT of Nigeria. Going by simple logic, you dont expect Enugu to have a functional rail before Abuja or Lagos. The 3rd rail is the Warri to Ajaokuta line which was built specifically for the steel industries as an important prerequisite for Ajaokuta steel company to be fired up.

And by the way, I dont need to be anyone's spokesperson to know this, I'm just an ordinary Nigerian whose mind hasnt been messed up with irrational theories.

3 Likes

Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by obailala(m): 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
Edge1:

FG will give you the licence before you can start mining. If they don't, you can't mine. They have turned down several applications submitted for mining
Reason with your brains.
Since you're reasoning with ur brain, can you kindly provide any examples please?... Provide any examples (true or even fake) of companies or individuals who wanted to go into commercial coal mining in Enugu and were denied license. We cant keep living on unverifiable concocted propaganda alone.

2 Likes

Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by samuelchimmy(m): 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2018
obailala:

Assuming we already had numerous functional rail lines in different locations around the country, but yet to have any at Enugu, then your point would have been rational. But that is clearly not the case.

You say Enugu is an important city and there's no doubt about that. But Lagos is also an important city, being the former FCT and the commercial capital of Nigeria, the economy of Lagos alone beats the economy of several geopolitical zones in Nigeria put together. If there's a scale of preference, I know it makes more sense to power Lagos with a functional standard rail before anywhere else in Nigeria. Similarly, Abuja is also a large city and the FCT of Nigeria. Going by simple logic, you dont expect Enugu to have a functional rail before Abuja or Lagos. The 3rd rail is the Warri to Ajaokuta line which was built specifically for the steel industries as an important prerequisite for Ajaokuta steel company to be fired up.

And by the way, I dont need to be anyone's spokesperson to know this, I'm just an ordinary Nigerian whose mind hasnt been messed up with irrational theories.
forget irrational theories... Afterall all these misgivings are all part of the corruption we are talking about..... I rest my case
Peace!
Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by obailala(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
samuelchimmy:
forget irrational theories... Afterall all these misgivings are all part of the corruption we are talking about..... I rest my case
Peace!
Yeah but I hope you get my point though?... The reason things dont work in Nigeria is because we've got bad bad leaders from top till bottom and even in the coming years and decades, there's still no hope of having truly competent people smell positions of power due to the kind of crude politics we practice in this side of the world. This leadership disaster affects every zone across the length and breadth of Nigeria; it isn't affecting the SE zone alone and it isnt a conspiracy by anyone to deliberately punish any particular zone as is very often peddled.
Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by Gerrard59(m): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
AreaFada2:
Port Harcourt came into existence to allow shipping coal from Enugu to UK.

Over 100 years ago. In 2018 we cannot work out how to get coal reasonably cheaply from Kogi to Ghana. shocked shocked

And we go dey lament how dem oyinbo cheat us.

Truly, the black race has a problem, no point to argue this.

This cannot occur in Asian countries, worse still, Ghana had to go as far as Australia to import coal. Common coal fa! Is that there is no other African nation that supply coal to Ghana instead of Australia? Can Vietnam import palm oil from Nigeria instead of Indonesia? Can Indonesia find it difficult to export the red oil to Vietnam?

It sucks to be a negro. cry
Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by Ugosample(m): 12:25am On Oct 05, 2018
vioment:
Problem can be traced back to knowledge. We do not have an actual educated populace. Not because naijans are daft or don't l;ike education but the quality has deteriorated so bad, we don't build any part of ship making but we are one of the highest importers and exporters in the world. All of these are caused by FG continuously owing teachers/lecturers; school environment not being conducive to inspire students; cult activities creating insecurity; and incompetent lecturers.

killing the educational sector in Nigeria is the worst sun committed against Nigerians
Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by Ugosample(m): 12:27am On Oct 05, 2018
Gerrard59:

Truly, the black race has a problem, no point to argue this.

This cannot occur in Asian countries, worse still, Ghana had to go as far as Australia to import coal. Common coal fa! Is that there is no other African nation that supply coal to Ghana instead of Australia? Can Vietnam import palm oil from Nigeria instead of Indonesia? Can Indonesia find it difficult to export the red oil to Vietnam?

It sucks to be a negro. cry

I tell you

it really sucks to be Negro

so many of our kind cannot use their brains
Re: No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana by vioment: 1:17am On Oct 05, 2018
Ugosample:

killing the educational sector in Nigeria is the worst sun committed against Nigerians

Fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Cool Cash From Football Betting / Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. / Legit Way To Withdraw Your Paypal Fund Into Your Naija Account At N360/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.