Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

EDUCATION IS NIGERIA'S BIGGEST PROBLEM - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDUCATION IS NIGERIA'S BIGGEST PROBLEM (216 Views)

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable / The Biggest Problem The Yoruba Have In This World Is The Igbo Problem - Marcus K / Ghana Becomes Nigeria’s Biggest Trade Partner After Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EDUCATION IS NIGERIA'S BIGGEST PROBLEM by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 04, 2018
Before Nigeria can move forward, we have to find the root of our problem. We need to detect where we get things wrong. A lot of people said Nigeria is stagnant because of Corruption. Some said because we have bad leaders. I won't say NO to that. Have you asked yourself if this is the only problem?? NO

Education in Nigeria today is one of our problem. An average youths or kids today believe life is about going to Primary - Secondary and Tertiary institution. After school comes work. Which work??

When I was in hometown, every parent want his/her children to gain admission after secondary school. After gaining admission, they will celebrate. Then I was 18years. I asked myself what are these people celebrating?? You gain admission and so fucking what? Will that give you happy life in future or make you live your dream life.

I was young then but I studied life from different angle. 60% of graduates around me are walking around without life. Yet, some people are looking for ways to send their children to tertiary institution.

After my secondary school and 3 years at home, I asked myself if I have any life to live. I cried cause I don't know where to start. What should I do? And my dream is bigger than the environment I found myself. Mom is paying for my elder brother school fee in university. Automatically, I won't go to school unless my brother graduate.

I left home town and traveled to my state Capital to stay with my friends who have gained admission. That is where life started. I learn a lot from them. (I won't talk much about my journey to keep this short.)

President Buhari said "Nigeria youths are Lazy". Mr president is not far from the truth. The only mistake he made is not categorizing that statement. The statement should be ::

70% of Nigeria students are Lazy

I'm not sorry to say that. The benefit of going to school today is to learn about life. To learn and plan your future. Your certificate is useless compared to what you learn about life in school.

Most of worlds richest men today are not graduate. Most are drop outs. They learned what they wish to become in life. After learning this, they graduated their self from university and pursue their dream. University graduates call them "Drop out" while they call their self "CEO".

WHY IS EDUCATION A PROBLEM IN NIGERIA

Most youths have taken advantage of Tertiary institution to hide behind "am not lazy". After graduating, they will hide behind "there is no Job".

Nigeria youths are not creative. They only believe in going to school and waiting for government to provide Job. As a nation, we need to be creative before we can progress. Nigeria produce thousands graduate every year. How many Jobs are available??

Only few get Job after graduating and the rest keep shouting "I'm a graduate" "there is no Job".

Before Nigeria can move forward, the government need to lecture upcoming youths on why going to Tertiary institution isn't compulsory.

Not going to Tertiary institution won't make you illiterate. As long as you can read and write, you are not illiterate. And I believe that is achieved from Secondary school.

Government should stop building schools at this point. Instead of building new schools, government should build Apprentice Schools and Coding Schools. This alone will change Nigeria. And also, I support federal government's decision to make minimum school fee #350,000. Yes! That will discourage a lot to learn work than attending university.

This should be longer. I cut it short for the benefit of lazy youths that can't read long epistle.

Feel free to add your opinion

Lalasticlala, OAM4J , Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EDUCATION IS NIGERIA'S BIGGEST PROBLEM by buklarbest: 3:08am On Oct 04, 2018
ok
Re: EDUCATION IS NIGERIA'S BIGGEST PROBLEM by CodeTemplar: 4:23am On Oct 04, 2018
Education and crookedness.
The average degree holder doesn't understand how civilization works or why and how to be civilized in dealings.
They just look out for their belly even at the expense of their own immediate relations.
People must realize university education isn't cheap anywhere in the world, it is just a matter of who is paying for it and how the payment is done.

(1) (Reply)

Army Partners With Islamic Republic Of Pakistan To Improve Security Strategy / Why Restructuring Is Necessary – Showumi / Osun Election Protest: Police Invite Saraki, Melaye, Murray-bruce For 'disturbin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.