Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable (26851 Views)

Flashback: Education Is Not For The Poor; Peter Obi / Presidency Source Lied — Azura $1.2bn Deal Was Signed In August 2015 - TheCable / Ganduje Moves To Remove Sanusi As Emir Of Kano - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OnionBandit(f): 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
In 2006, Obi made a declarative statement that education is not for the poor. He forced Anambra secondary school students to pay three terms (first, second and third term) school fees at once. Many of the pupils from less-privileged homes dropped out of school. You may need to verify how this policy of his impacted negatively on school enrolment the following session.

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-on-peter-obi-let-us-verify/amp

213 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OnionBandit(f): 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
He also increased the tuition fee of Anambla state university

https://myschool.ng/news/letter-to-gov-peter-obi-as-ansu-increases-school-fees-to-n230000-16219?qtid=27715

Just read the comments in the link above to know how the people of Anambra felt when he increased the fees. When confronted, obi said education is not for the poor. This is the same man IPOB wants to sell to Nigerians.

I need the Zombidients to come and tell us how this man will make life easy for the poor who are in the majority.

322 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by rusher14: 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
Watch how all of them would claim there's nothing wrong with what he said.

186 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by 4teenblaq: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
So you mean that was how he lifted Anambra being 26th in education to number one??

I think I like this negativity of his impact.

Una go finally rest!

See the author of the write up. A Yoruba and obviously I won't be surprised if he happens to be a pro-tinubu.

Also if you want to talk about school fees increment.. This is LASU

262 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Viscuz: 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
PandoraObi:
The acclaimed sanctimonious president of Igbo land

Tinubu is an oduduwa president proof is below

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OnionBandit(f): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
rusher14:
cheesy cheesy grin

You Sabi them wella.

215 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by NuclearWinter: 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
He ran the state like a profit business and took the proceeds and invested it in his company .

Reminder that this man adores the ant like communist slave economy the CCP is running China.

He is an extreme capitalist which makes him a communist .

Communism , FYI, is capitalism on steroids with all the means of production concentrated in the hands of a very few powerful minority .

This is what the Neo liberal corporate new world order as dictated by the WEF is proposing and idiots like Obi are all down for that crap.

Don't be fooled by this charlatan .

70 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by DadaHammed: 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
Useless propaganda that won't make any difference.

174 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Viscuz: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
NuclearWinter:
He ran the state like a profit business and took the proceeds and invested it in his company .

Reminder that this man adores the ant like communist slave economy the CCP is running China.

He is an extreme capitalist which makes him a communist .

Communism , FYI, is capitalism on steroids with all the means of production concentrated in the hands of a very few powerful minority .

This is what the Neo liberal corporate new world order as dictated by the WEF is proposing and idiots like Obi are all down for that crap.

Don't be fooled by this charlatan .

Almajiri

North dey suffer o

Anyway see Tinubu here

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by NuclearWinter: 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
DadaHammed:
Useless propaganda that won't make any difference.

Chukwudi , why are you guys creating handles impersonating Nigerians ?

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by ImperialYoruba: 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Many current obidients wil be disobidients when campaign starts.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2022
OnionBandit:

Please provide Proof he made this exact statement, your link leads to an article that's similar to obituary

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Eriokanmi: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
OnionBandit:

What's your point exactly? School fees increased from how much to how much exactly? Can you tell? Claiming he increased school fees isn't enough. Did you know the performance of Anambra state schools in waec when Obi was in office? Do you know the caliber of teachers he recruited? You're supposed to also tell us how much did he increase the money to. But I already know what you're driving at. If you like, waste 50gig daily spreading propaganda against obi. It wouldn't change anything. On Obi's mandate we stand.

111 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by YourhealthNG2(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Nonsense propaganda with no iota of evidence..

These propagandas are late in coming. The train has left the station..

They said he stands no chance, but at the same time they spend sleepless nights churning out propaganda after propaganda...

One would have thought that a candidate they said stands no chance would simply be ignored

But no, they can't ignore him because the structureless candidate has displaced the structureful candidates...

We move Obidiently and pan-Nigerianly..

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by 4teenblaq: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
rusher14:

You can go and die... I doubt he said such thing.. Some said he said it in 2012 while some said he said it 2006.. The write up there was not even verified, even capable that published it clearly stated they are not responsible for such claim clearly citing the name of the publisher which happened to be a Yoruba, non coincidentally a tinubu supporter.

You can go and check how much was paid as school fees in anambra state during his tenure and compare it with other states...

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by XerXers: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Anambra people are not poor neither do they ask for free education. What they ask for is quality education and they can pay for it

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Eriokanmi: 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
Many current obidients wil be disobidients when campaign starts.

Iron nla. You're not obidient anything. Atemi at'idile mi, Obi la maa dibo fun. I wish tinubu could withdraw from the place and replace himself with BRF. I've got a million reasons I'd not vote him.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OnionBandit(f): 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:
What's your point exactly? School fees increased from how much to how much exactly? Can you tell? Claiming he increased school fees isn't enough. Did you know the performance of Anambra state schools in waec when Obi was in office? Do you know the caliber of teachers he recruited? You're supposed to also tell us how much did he increase the money to. But I already know what you're driving at. If you like, waste 50gig daily spreading propaganda against obi. It wouldn't change anything. On Obi's mandate we stand.

Pandora increased the Tuition fees of Anambra State University from 65,000 to 119,000 for Non Professional Courses and 230,000 for Professional Courses.

This is the second one I need you to veLify cheesy grin

https://myschool.ng/news/letter-to-gov-peter-obi-as-ansu-increases-school-fees-to-n230000-16219?qtid=27715

147 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Staphylococcus: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
grin grin grin

The 3rd class graduate can never fool my learned, versatile and eloquent personality.

Peter is just good with gimmicks and fictional tales that will never materialize. He lies and almost trying to portray himself as Jesus!

A man who lacks basics of happenings in the country, lacks feasible and realistic foresight, with no visible track records as governor for 8 years, outside investing in beer parlour business which Anambra state still ran at a loss!

I take my precious time to go through his fables and folklores, and just conclude that the level of illiteracy in Nigeria has made few to believe in his fictional tales!

A man who went to Egypt to learn power generation, forgetting power generation is not even Nigerias major problem.

He screams about subsidy removal and always fail to clearly outline how the effects would be cushioned!

His analysis are fictions likened to Tom and Jerry cartoons, not real and not feasible. It’s all impossible imaginations!

167 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OnionBandit(f): 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2022
Staphylococcus:
grin grin grin

The 3rd class graduate can never fool my learned, versatile and eloquent personality.

Peter is just good with gimmicks and fictional tales that will never materialize. He lies and almost trying to portray himself as Jesus!

A man who lacks basics of happenings in the country, lacks feasible and realistic foresight, with no visible track records as governor for 8 years, outside investing in beer parlour business which Anambra state still ran at a loss!

I take my precious time to go through his fables and folklores, and just conclude that the level of illiteracy in Nigeria has made few to believe in his fictional tales!

A man who went to Egypt to learn power generation, forgetting power generation is not even Nigerias major problem.

He screams about subsidy removal and always fail to clearly outline how the effects would be cushioned!

His analysis are fictions likened to Tom and Jerry cartoons, not real and not feasible. It’s all impossible imaginations!

Go and veLify grin cheesy

134 Likes

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Viscuz: 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2022

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Ayekotoo(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Iron nla. You're not obidient anything. Atemi at'idile mi, Obi la maa dibo fun. I wish tinubu could withdraw from the place and replace himself with BRF. I've got a million reasons I'd not vote him.
Does Fashola have the war chest to face northern cabals like Tinubu would do? Be realist

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by ImperialYoruba: 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:

You cant use all million reasons to cast votes, but you can use one vote to reject Tinubu. On Feb 23rd do that. Tinubu is the winning candidate.

Do you see the top 10 richest persons in Nigeria voting for Obi? Never. Nigerian president is decided by money bags. grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by conductor60000: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
OnionBandit:

Pandora increased the Tuition fees of Anambra State University from 65,000 to 119,000 for Non Professional Courses and 230,000 for Professional Courses.

This is the second one I need you to veLify
ANSU school fees as of this year is still 108,000 for normal courses and 136,000 for professional courses like Engineering and Medicine.

20 Likes

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by ImperialYoruba: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
4teenblaq:

You can go and die... I doubt he said such thing.. Some said he said it in 2012 while some said he said it 2006.. The write up there was not even verified, even capable that published it clearly stated they are not responsible for such claim clearly citing the name of the publisher which happened to be a Yoruba, non coincidentally a tinubu supporter.

You can go and check how much was paid as school fees in anambra state during his tenure and compare it with other states...

Cable will say that, it is a disclaimer to remain independent, does not indicate story is untrue.

Obi's motto is Go and verify. Well, people went after the facts and verified that Obi lied.

If he knows what he says has no facts to back it up he should stop telling people to go verify.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by 4teenblaq: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Cable will say that, it is a disclaimer to remain independent, does not indicate story is untrue.

Obi's motto is Go and verify. Well, people went after the facts and verified that Obi lied.

If he knows what he says has no facts to back it up he should stop telling people to go verify.

We went to verify 90% are true, so why using 10% against him?

You tinubu can't even dare us to go and verify, because all his life is based on lies, deception and corruption.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Eriokanmi: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

You cant use all million reasons to cast votes, but you can use one vote to reject Tinubu. On Feb 23rd do that. Tinubu is the winning candidate.

Do you see the top 10 richest persons in Nigeria voting for Obi? Never. Nigerian president is decided by money bags. grin grin

Hmmmm..we shall see oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by LordLugard1: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Atiku's campeign

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Eriokanmi: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ayekotoo:

Does Fashola have the war chest to face northern cabals like Tinubu would do? Be realist
Id say yes. Had Tinubu supported him same way he supported Buhari, fashola would have won. But now that he's saying oun l'okan. We are waiting

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari - Only Death Will Stop Me From Contesting In 2015 / Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door / APC Campaign In Gaya LG, Kano State ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.