Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. (528 Views)

A Threat On Me Because Police Can Not Open My File / Exposed!!! See Why The Nigerian Police Can Never Stop SARS / The Nigeria Police Can Search Your Phone But Can They Search Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by CaptainMitch: 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
Yesterday I was with my girlfriend and a couple of friends, we had a few drinks and decided to go eat out around 11pm, while walking we spotted a police van and there quickly arrested us. My girlfriends brother made an attempt to talk with the policemen and he was beaten up (Policemen from this station guard his house whenever their parents are in town.) All attempts to pacify the officers and show them my identity card fell on deaf ears. I quickly put a call to my senior policeman friend, when one of them noticed, he quickly snatched my phone and seized it. We were driven to the station and detained in a cell that looked like a toilet with very bad stench.

A policewoman asked me to give her money or I would be locked in the general cell with hardened criminals, I did give her some money, around 3AM I put a call to my family using a policeman phone and asked that my friend whose call there refused me from taking be given my location. In the morning there was a headcount and we were asked to make phone calls and try to bail ourselves, lucky for me while the policemen were trying to fleece my friends of money my friend came and in less than 10mins I was out (The police say that I was caught having sex with a prostitute and my friend asked if having sex was a crime) I couldn't but reminisce how innocent people even sleeping at home were arrested and asked to bail themselves I even noticed a mental patient who I hear hasn't eaten or slept in 3 days. May God save Nigeria.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by Babyforever(f): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
Awwwwww Chief sad this just happened to you embarassed hope you're getting better sad

#SUGARDADDY

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by thetrailseeker: 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by Mobsync(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
These police dudes are something else. SARS is definitely not the only unit that needs to be scrapped/reformed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by CaptainMitch: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
I should be fine. Thank you.
Babyforever:
Awwwwww Chief sad this just happened to you embarassed hope you're getting better sad

#SUGARDADDY
Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by donstan18: 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
The only reason you are here creating thread to complain is that you guys weren't caught by SARS, una for hear am.

By the way, why should a girl be walking in the midst and group of guy by 11pm.

She no get parents?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
donstan18:
cheesy
HERE AGAIN WITH YOUR CLUMSINESS. undecided
Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
CaptainMitch:
Yesterday I was with my girlfriend and a couple of friends, we had a few drinks and decided to go eat out around 11pm, while walking we spotted a police van and there quickly arrested us. My girlfriends brother made an attempt to talk with the policemen and he was beaten up (Policemen from this station guard his house whenever their parents are in town.) All attempts to pacify the officers and show them my identity card fell on deaf ears. I quickly put a call to my senior policeman friend, when one of them noticed, he quickly snatched my phone and seized it. We were driven to the station and detained in a cell that looked like a toilet with very bad stench.

A policewoman asked me to give her money or I would be locked in the general cell with hardened criminals, I did give her some money, around 3AM I put a call to my family using a policeman phone and asked that my friend whose call there refused me from taking be given my location. In the morning there was a headcount and we were asked to make phone calls and try to bail ourselves, lucky for me while the policemen were trying to fleece my friends of money my friend came and in less than 10mins I was out (The police say that I was caught having sex with a prostitute and my friend asked if having sex was a crime), but I couldn't but reminisce how innocent people even sleeping at home were arrested and asked to bail themselves I even noticed a mental patient who I hear hasn't eaten or slept in 3 days. May God save Nigeria.

those stupid policemen of Nigeria are goats. 11pm, dem dey catch boys cos of what?!
so we no fit go out as we want again. God punish all the stupid nigerian policemen.
annoying is the part wey dem say u were caught having sex with olosho... e no go better for them.

that's why I no dey pity dem when some of dem are being killed by street boys/touts/robbers/etc
stupid animals.
Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by tushkhalifa(m): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
CaptainM
itch
:

A policewoman asked me to give her money or I would be locked in the general cell with hardened criminals, I did give her some money, around 3AM I put a call to my family using a policeman phone and asked that my friend whose call there refused me from taking be given my location. In the morning there was a headcount and we were asked to make phone calls and try to bail ourselves, lucky for me while the policemen were trying to fleece my friends of money my friend came and in less than 10mins I was out (The police say that I was caught having sex with a prostitute and my friend asked if having sex was a crime), but I couldn't but reminisce how innocent people even sleeping at home were arrested and asked to bail themselves I even noticed a mental patient who I hear hasn't eaten or slept in 3 days. May God save Nigeria.

exactly what happened tew me while cumin bk at night 4rm a jamb lesson!....i recieved the slap of my life frm one of dem d nxt day cus he was sayin same tin tew ma dad nd i was lyk "dad it's a lie oh"....nxt day i saw all of em drinking in a beer palour close to my street.
Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by WawaIPODJew: 9:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
Even though you’re at fault by moving around by that odd hour . But it doesn’t change the fact that Nigeria police are something else .
I had an encounter with them sometime earlier this year .
I was travelling with my younger brother and we got to a police checkpoint. Or should I say “money collection point” .
We stopped , the Officer was asking for particulars and all ...
then all of a sudden , one policeman from faraway was pointing to my younger brother and telling the other policeman with him ... “he said it” . “He’s the one ! I heard him clearly . Bla bla bla “ .
I was like What are these ones saying again bayi
Next second that officer from faraway came charging at us . Told us to come down , and dragged my younger brother into their truck !
It was like a movie . Then he said they heard my brother say “Oloriburuku Lawon olopa yi sha” meaning “these policemen are unfortunate people sha”
I was dumbfounded. I was trying to explain to that man that my brother did not say anything.there was no way he could have said something and I wouldn’t hear . Even the officer that was asking for our particulars did not hear anything like that .
Next second, that man charged at me , then he lifted his AK47 riffle and he removed the magazine. Then he hit my head with that magazine . I fell to the ground instantly and I could feel my head growing cheesy .
Long story cut short, I sha begged the officer that stopped us in the first place to help me beg his colleagues o . Then he said I should bring money . He mentioned a price, I said I don’t have that much and I gave him some money . Then he went to them and they allowed us to go .
At that moment it dawned on me that everything they did there was one of their numerous tactics they use to cajole and extort people.
My brother did not say anything like that!
Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
WawaIPODJew

from ur first statement... I don't see anything odd in the hour... I don't know where it is in the Constitution that no human being should walk at 11pm... those animals called police are just stupid and hell-deserved lots...

This ur experience funny ooh. u see, these policemen will not let this country grow. cos a lot of innocent people that have suffered injustice from their (policemen) mischievous ways will never pray for them.
imagine that kind of accusation laid on ur bro. all bcoz dey wan extort people of their money. the curse following dem will see them to their grave.
corrupted lots.
Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by WawaIPODJew: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2018
MrNipplesLover:
WawaIPODJew

from ur first statement... I don't see anything odd in the hour... I don't know where it is in the Constitution that no human being should walk at 11pm... those animals called police are just stupid and hell-deserved lots...

This ur experience funny ooh. u see, these policemen will not let this country grow. cos a lot of innocent people that have suffered injustice from their (policemen) mischievous ways will never pray for them.
imagine that kind of accusation laid on ur bro. all bcoz dey wan extort people of their money. the curse following dem will see them to their grave.
corrupted lots.
I swear cheesy .
If you hear anything police .my brother, Run o cheesy
Re: Nigerian Police Can Be Depressing. by ManBeast: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2018
Wetin concern me, I no dey move for night.

I no be evil spirit. grin cheesy grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Police Refuse To Release Innocent Lagos Corps Member Arrested During Mass / Suspected Cultists Kill Monarch, Beheads Two In Rivers / Auctin Fraud Alert: My Encounter With Local Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.