Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

5 Simple Steps To Plan Your Dream Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Simple Steps To Plan Your Dream Life (366 Views)

Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) / Here Is How To Plan Your Career / Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Simple Steps To Plan Your Dream Life by ValourDigest(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2018
5 SIMPLE STEPS TO PLAN YOUR DREAM LIFE
I’ve often said that the major reason for having a dream and setting a goal is for what it makes you do to accomplish it. This will always be a far greater value than what you get. That is why goals are so powerful—they are part of the fabric that makes up our lives.

Goal setting provides focus, shapes our dreams and gives us the ability to hone in on the exact actions we need to take in order to get everything in life we desire.

Goals are exciting because they provide focus and aim for our lives. Goals cause us to stretch and grow in ways we never have before. In order to reach our goals, we must become better; we must change and grow.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/5-simple-steps-to-plan-your-dream-life/

DECISION-MAKING: STANDING ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS
So, in my previous article on decision-making, I mentioned a number of strategies for making right decision. Together, we explored various ways and techniques to consider when making decisions. Some of the strategies listed in the article include: making comparative analysis, seeking counsel, being optimistic, considering all sides to a decision, and conducting a research and getting our facts right.

However, in the previous article, I mentioned learning from other people’s life experiences.

So, today, we’ll be looking at reasons why you should seek, consider and apply the experiences of other people when making decisions that matter to you.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/decision-making-standing-shoulders-giants/

HOW TO DEAL WITH THE NEGATIVE INFLUENCES IN YOUR LIFE
If you were to evaluate the major influences in your life that have shaped the kind of person you are, this has to be high on the list: the people and thoughts you choose to allow into your life. My mentor, Mr. Shoaff, gave me a very important warning in those early days that I’ll share with you. He said, “Never underestimate the power of influence.” Indeed, the influence of those around us is so powerful! Many times we don’t even realize we’re being strongly affected because influences generally develop over an extended period of time.

Peer pressure is an especially powerful force because it is so subtle. If you’re around people who spend all they make, chances are excellent you might spend all you make. If you are around people who don’t read, chances are excellent that you probably won’t read. People can keep nudging us off course a little at a time until, finally, we find ourselves asking, How did I get here? Those subtle influences need to be studied carefully if we really want our lives to turn out the way we’ve planned.

With regard to this important point, let me give you three key questions to ask yourself. They might help you better analyze your current associations.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/how-to-deal-with-the-negative-influences-in-your-life/

WHY SOME PEOPLE FAIL AND OTHERS SUCCEED
What if people converted their dreams into plans and plans into refined activities that would lead toward the achievement of their goals?

If we have a sincere desire for progress, then we are compelled to find every possible means to implement all that we know and feel. We must find ways to demonstrate on the outside all of the value that we possess on the inside. Otherwise, our values will remain unappreciated and our talents unrewarded.

Why some people fail and others succeed can be baffling. Sometimes it may even seem unfair. We all know people who have a good education, the right attitude and a sincere desire to make something of themselves. They are good parents, honest employees and loyal friends. Yet despite their knowledge, feelings and desires, they continue to lead lives of quiet desperation. They should have so much more than they do, but they seem to receive so little.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/why-some-people-fail-and-others-succeed/

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy / Help A Sister In Her Career . / Massive Recruitment At Xlevelretail Limited 2018 | Apply Now Before Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.