Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 (8594 Views)

SW Leaders To Meet Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun In Lagos Over 2023 Election / NLC Vs Amosun In Abeokuta, Workers Booed Amosun Shouting Amosun Ole / President Buhari Receives Governor Amosun In The State House Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by raumdeuter: 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
there is no zoning formula in the constitution.
A presidential ticket is not given on platter of Gold or for sympathy. Tell south east to position themselves for apc if they want the ticket.
Apc will be stupid to zone its ticket to a region that cannot guarantee 6 millions votes

Who is the APC politician in southeast. When the southwest was building up APC what was the east doing? Now they want to reap where they never sowed

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by deomelo: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
haffaze777:

I pray so,I came from the same senatorial district with amosun and I know what owu man can do,they don't forget easily and they can be stubborn.

He's one of the Abuja APC guy's so he can not work against the APC, they will reward him in Abuja with a FG position.
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by raumdeuter: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
Johnnyessence:
As if Apc will win presidential election. you stop deceiving yourself OK.

PDP will win like they did in Ekiti Osun

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by ORIENTATION101: 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2018
raumdeuter:

Who is the APC politician in southeast. When the southwest was building up APC what was the east doing? Now they want to reap where they never sowed
dont mind that novice .southwest region haa already closed their ranks and position the region for 2023 while south east are still in state of confusion on whether to fight for biafra ,or vice president or senate president

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by Uganto(m): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
Do you have an android phone and a functioning brain? Make up to 25k everyday,by taking quiz and getting paid.No lottery, no gambling, no Ponzi...etc.Join this whatsapp group for more information.
https:///K774w19DdVo82lMzzMyxVQ
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by Omofunaab2: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
deomelo:

He's one of the Abuja APC guy's so he can not work against the APC, they will reward him in Abuja with a FG position.

Lol, Amosun is very stubborn.. Don't underestimate him. He will never surrender the party structure to Tinubu or Osoba... The State Apc Chairman Derin Adebiyi and all the 20 Apc local government party chairmen are loyal to Amosun... Osoba and Co can't reap where they didn't sow with the help of Oshiomole.. Osoba already left the party, Amosun remained in the party and kept the party moving in the state.. Dapo can't win his Local government in Iperu because Ladi Adebutu is already a movement in Ogun East.

The best bet for Apc could have been to use Yayi but Amosun rejected him the other time...

The winning calculation in Ogun state is Ogun West +Ogun central = Victory for Apc

It's better for Apc to drop Dapo and Triple A and look for another candidate in Ogun West..

Apc might lose the state if care is not taken, the Ogun State Apc structure is still with Amosun and not Osoba nor Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by haffaze777(m): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
deomelo:

I pray so
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by forgiveness: 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
Omofunaab2:
The choice of Dapo will backfire in Ogun State.. Even if you want to teach Amosun a lesson why not pick from Ogun West?

Dapo can't defeat kashamu and ladi in Ogun East, can't win Ogun central without Amosun and Ogun West will definitely vote GNI because Apc has betrayed them.

The reason Dapo APC lost the election in Ogun East was because Ijebus don't like Amosun. You can see they voted for PDP in Senatorial, House of representatives and governorship elections in 2015. APC lost elections in those areas because of Amosun. But when it was time for the presidential election, they voted for APC because of Osibanjo.

This time around, APC will win Ogun East because of Osibanjo and due to the party at the center.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by forgiveness: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
yayi should have been better but the tinubu factor will not make amosun support him.
as it stands a new power bloc is going to emerge in ogun state through osibanjo's camp.
osibanjo will definetly unite warring factions of apc in ogun cos he knows how to manage crisis if not niger delta zone should have crippled buhari admnistration.
ogun state apc should not mess up the chance of producing the next president in 2023.
because it is certain power is coming back to. south and southwest has programmed itself for apc to zone the ticket to the region.as it stands now osibanjo is the clear favourite

Forget Ogun state producing the next president in 2023. Tinubu deserves it more than any Yoruba man if truly it will come to the SW.
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by Omofunaab2: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2018
forgiveness:

The reason Dapo APC lost the election in Ogun East was because Ijebus don't like Amosun. You can see they voted for PDP in Senatorial, House of representatives and governorship elections in 2015. APC lost elections in those areas because of Amosun. But when it was time for the presidential election, they voted for APC because of Osibanjo.

This time around, APC will win Ogun East because of Osibanjo and due to the party at the center.

Apc won just two local government in the presidential election held in Ogun East... What played out in Ogun East in 2015 was money Politics.. Even Osinbajo lost in his local government, Ikenne.. Did he lose in his hometown because of Amosun?

I have business interests in Ogun East and I understand you guys sentiments very well...

2019 Elections in Ogun East is for the highest spender.. And remember Kashamu and Ladi who outspent your Dapo in 2015 are still willing to do it again next year.. There's no assurance that Dapo will win Ogun East Next year... Ladi is already a movement there
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by deomelo: 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
Omofunaab2:

Lol, Amosun is very stubborn.. Don't underestimate him. He will never surrender the party structure to Tinubu or Osoba... The State Apc Chairman Derin Adebiyi and all the 20 Apc local government party chairmen are loyal to Amosun... Osoba and Co can't reap where they didn't sow with the help of Oshiomole.. Osoba already left the party, Amosun remained in the party and kept the party moving in the state.. Dapo can't win his Local government in Iperu because Ladi Adebutu is already a movement in Ogun East.

The best bet for Apc could have been to use Yayi but Amosun rejected him the other time...

The winning calculation in Ogun state is Ogun West +Ogun central = Victory for Apc

It's better for Apc to drop Dapo and Triple A and look for another candidate in Ogun West..

Apc might lose the state if care is not taken, the Ogun State Apc structure is still with Amosun and not Osoba nor Tinubu.

Well said, but at the end of the day. political calculations, realities, and the emergence of better offers and better opportunities win all the time.

We all know what happened in Osun and why Ambode made a U-Turn in Lagos
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by forgiveness: 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2018
haffaze777:
Osibanjo is a clown then,what make him think Dapo will defeat buruji kashamu and ladi adebutu in the east,Gboyega Nasir Isiaka in the west?

Trust me, Dapo will win in Remo areas, Ogun waterside and will will definitely get reasonable votes in Ijebu areas. The only place Ladi will win is in Iperu while Buruji candidate is inconsequential.
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by haffaze777(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
forgiveness:

Trust me, Dapo will win in Remo areas, Ogun waterside and will will definitely get reasonable votes in Ijebu areas. The only place Ladi will win is in Iperu while Buruji candidate is inconsequential.

kashamu is inconsequential u said?2019 is around the corner
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by Shuku0kukobambi: 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
kingkakaone:

That's what makes him smart.
He always align with majority of the stake holders, powerful ones at that.

A smart person understands the game and that's what this man has done.

The foolish ones will never understand this. He aligns to where the majority of the real stakeholders are and wins with them.

For instance, Ambode never touched Tinubu's direct interests. Infact he wanted to codify Alpha Beta into Lagos law. What further proof of loyalty could you need? But it wasn't about Tinubu, it was about the footsoldiers who make Tinubu and even he knows better than crossing them
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by Shuku0kukobambi: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
RockHard:

I think that what a lot of people don't realize is that even Tinubu's politics is evolving with time. He knows the amount of fear and resentment his personality generates in the political circle outside Lagos (and perhaps Osun to a lesser extent), so his survival strategy has changed from overtly supporting and sponsoring candidates to building political alliances with actors that are inclined to support his political interests in future when there is need for consensus. It is becoming more and more difficult to just impose a person on the party without popular support (even Tinubu and SanwoOlu had to reach out to Fashola, Muiz and Fouad Oki for support). Obviously in Amosun's case, he didn't have nor command complete control and loyalty over the party structure in his state, hence the strong resistance to his succession plan and candidate. He can still bounce back if he plays his cards right and resist the temptation of playing 'scorched earth' politics/politics of vengeance.

Amosun is just a dummy wanabee dictator. When did he start?

Tinubu is Tinubu because he has been at the center of the most important movement of Yoruba land in the last 30 years and that is the June 12 struggle. He's almost like the heir of the Abiola factor in Lagos and that's the foundation he built on.

Amosun is too dictatorial and his first export to the center, my dear Kemi Adeosun, was dealt a rough blow because Amosun, who brought her into government and knows how it's done in Nigeria, didn't guide her through something as simple as NYSC matters whereas Tinubu's creations are thriving and doing well even in opposition to him.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by forgiveness: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
Omofunaab2:

Apc won just two local government in the presidential election held in Ogun East... What played out in Ogun East in 2015 was money Politics.. Even Osinbajo lost in his local government, Ikenne.. Did he lose in his hometown because of Amosun?

I have business interests in Ogun East and I understand you guys sentiments very well...

2019 Elections in Ogun East is for the highest spender.. And remember Kashamu and Ladi who outspent your Dapo in 2015 are still willing to do it again next year.. There's no assurance that Dapo will win Ogun East Next year... Ladi is already a movement there

I think you are right about APC winning just two local governments in Ogun East. You are right.

Now why did Ijebu refused to vote for APC during presidential election?

That was because they don't like Amosun and Osibanjo/Dapo were unknown in Remo. They were considered Lagos boys but that have changed now. Osibanjo is now the VP and once Acting President while Dapo has done his grassroots campaigns and projects. grin Trust me. I know what I am saying.

Don't forget, Osibanjo has initiated federal government projects in Ikenne. What Buruji and Adebutu will bring to the table will be considered crumbs when compared with those projects.

I don't even think both are as rich as Dapo.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by forgiveness: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
haffaze777:

kashamu is inconsequential u said?2019 is around the corner

His candidate not Kashamu.
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

The foolish ones will never understand this. He aligns to where the majority of the real stakeholders are and wins with them.

For instance, Ambode never touched Tinubu's direct interests. Infact he wanted to codify Alpha Beta into Lagos law. What further proof of loyalty could you need? But it wasn't about Tinubu, it was about the footsoldiers who make Tinubu and even he knows better than crossing them
Very correct.
For u to be a leader for a very long period, try to understand majority of ur followers, the most powerful ones who can cause an upset from within and work with them. This he did and his coast is still in tact irrespective of what outsiders think.

Tinubu, whether u like him or not is a very smart personality.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by opydan: 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2018
This thread is the most interesting political analysis debate l have ever read on nairaland. Well-done guys for the healthy debate with maturity.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by pat077: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
haffaze777:
Osibanjo is a clown then,what make him think Dapo will defeat buruji kashamu and ladi adebutu in the east,Gboyega Nasir Isiaka in the west?
is kashamu contesting for governorship ticket in ogun
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by pat077: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2018
Addme:
You are well versed in Ogun Politics butwait for this,the tide will still turn in favour of Dapo at the end of the day.If Kashamu eventually lose out in Pdp powerplay,I'm very sure though that he will lose since Pdp National are with Adebutu.Tinubu has a way of pacifying his enemies.I'm sure he would bring in Kashamu to Dapo's camp and that will seal Ogun East.
Amosun no matter how aggressive he may be will still work for the party in Central coupled with some old horse like Osoba.Where the battle is actually is Ogun West that will vote enmasse for GNI.Also,they will also get sympathy vote from other regions because it's their turn in the permutation.Akinlade camp from Owode will also revolt against Apc for betrayal and that give GNI a clear cut chance with Obasanjo working with him.
GNI has been building teams and supporters all around Ogun State since 2015.The guy just need to up his games by spending hard and APC might eventually lose this.
who is this GNI guy I've been hearing of and which party is he?
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by maestroferdi: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
yayi should have been better but the tinubu factor will not make amosun support him.
as it stands a new power bloc is going to emerge in ogun state through osibanjo's camp.
osibanjo will definetly unite warring factions of apc in ogun cos he knows how to manage crisis if not niger delta zone should have crippled buhari admnistration.
ogun state apc should not mess up the chance of producing the next president in 2023.
because it is certain power is coming back to. south and southwest has programmed itself for apc to zone the ticket to the region.as it stands now osibanjo is the clear favourite
Simpletons like you think Nigeria begins and ends in Tinubu's bedroom...

How sad!

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by maestroferdi: 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
of course .he will have to support apc no matter the outcome whether he lost or won.
amosun cannot allow pdp to snatch ogun state from apc cos he has ambition in the senate when apc zone presidential ticket to already organised southwest region .
osibanjo will be politically naive if he didnt deploy federal machineries to ensure ogun is poisitoned for apc ticket in 2023.
Ogbomosho penkelemesi political analysis...

Guy try comedy... LWKM
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by maestroferdi: 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
[quote author=ORIENTATION101 post=71803373][/quote]Typical Yoruba Muslim.....

Cowardly, unreasonable, headstrong and a tad violent...
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by maestroferdi: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
Johnnyessence:
so no plans for south east. nairaland politician always amazed me with their comment.
The man you quoted is clearly a clown...
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by maestroferdi: 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2018
haffaze777:

I pray so,I came from the same senatorial district with amosun and I know what owu man can do,they don't forget easily and they can be stubborn.
You guys can't stop sounding ridiculous.. .

You speak as if the APC is homogenously APC. ..

You should know better...
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by Toosure70: 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2018
FarahAideed:
This Tinubu will soon bite more than he can chew
Even if he bite your something, he will surely chew it easily. Flatheader sighted.
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by BestDude: 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
seunmsg:
I support the emergence of Dapo Abiodun as Ogun state candidate. Amosun is an ingrate that wanted to bite the fingers that fed him, he should be taught a bitter lesson. I don't even mind if APC lose the state. Tinubu went all out to make Amosun the governor in 2011. Again in 2015, Tinubu supported him in his battle against Olusegun Osoba, an old time ally. He then turned around to rubbish his benefactor. Apart from that, how can Amosun think he can single handedly impose the governor and other elective positions without consulting the vice president who is the leader of the state?
Chai... This people... Now Amosun is an ingrate immediately Tinubu tuned his back kwa...

Chai, you people can kill ooo. Now I see that you all can betray as profession.
Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by ORIENTATION101: 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2018
maestroferdi:
Ogbomosho penkelemesi political analysis...

Guy try comedy... LWKM

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by ORIENTATION101: 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
maestroferdi:
Simpletons like you think Nigeria begins and ends in Tinubu's bedroom...

How sad!

Re: How Tinubu Edge Out Amosun In Maradonic Fashion Ogun Guber 2019 by capitalzero: 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
bro pdp will play a spoiler here.
ogun state apc is looking at the bigger picture here which means 2023 presidency .
as it stands osibanjo is the favourite when power returns to south.
amosun has ambition in senate because he knows if power returns to south ,southwest zone is the destination.
amosun and osibanjo will be political naive if they cant deploy federal might and be ruthless and win dirty. in order to position ogun apc which might likely produce the next president in person of osibanjo

tinubu is contesting for president in 2023.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: Tinubu’s Close Ally Confirmed Dead / Ministerial List: Buhari Submits 40 Names To DSS, DMI & NIA For Screening / Sheriff’s Camp Ondo PDP Primaries Holds Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.