Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? (13281 Views)

Why Do Android Phones Last For Only 2-2.5 Years On Average? / The Evils Whatsapp Do - Android Users Only / Do Android Charging Port Lead To Slow Charging Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by IrokoOluwere: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
....let me also add to be fair and just, I used three different models of blackberry, I started on Samsung with Note2, then 4 and 7. In computers ive used Sony VAIO, HP pc, Dell pc, an HP tablet, a Samsung tablet, a Mac Pro, a Mac Air.

If you have the money to accessorize and acquire a product system, I will recommend everything in Samsung System for people in Corporate environment. That is phone, pc, tv, sound system...all tied together as a system. Your income is based on your performance and efficiency, Samsung will not let you down.

If you are in the entertainment or marketing class, like events planning, advert and marketing, film and music production, online social media, real estate.....and you have money to invest, please please get you an Apple System soon as you can afford to. You can even buy one product at a time and add on to build your system. Iphone says a lot about you before your client....before you have even opened your mouth. It's the Mercedes of PDAs (personal directory assistance). If you show up to show a property and you sit your mac and iphone on the table your client must notice it. Iphone is made to be noticed, not ignored.
Mac can last decades.

My mac air is mid-2012 and still rocking like new, except few dents from a accidental drop. The thing is slick and you have to clutch it or it will slip through your grip and hit the ground. Pick it up and it works like nothing happened. grin

Sunmary -
Accountant, Lawyer, Project Manager, Engineer, Contractor, Telecomms Professional, Oil Prospector...and so on...stay away from Apple.

Real Estate Manager, Event Planner, Marketer, Product Manager, Paparazzi, Beautician, Social Media Consultant, Influencer, Film and Music Producer.....get Apple.
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by LeonMacJames(m): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
boy16:

seriously I had no choice because iPhone is really boring with less flexibility and Samsung has better camera and functionality compared to IPhones.

IPhones are overrated.
I am telling you man, Apple products are grossly overrated, but i would blame the company, they are threading on a model that works perfectly for them, there products has it's own ecosystem, so anyone of their product you buy is a plot to pull you into the ecosystem, be it iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Macbook, the thing is you would only enjoy an Apple device when you have the money to adopt their other products and services.

It's best to stick to what's affordable, the best advice I'd give to anybody is that, don't buy an Apple product unless it's absolutely necessary, not just because you want to use it for show.

Apple is a Premium brand for a reason, and some mumu people would be comparing Mid-Level or budget brands to them. Apple macs are nothing compared to Microsoft Surface line-up.

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by BabaRamota1980: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
LeonMacJames:

Lol, I'd like to think that you use an Apple product, If not you should be the one to sharrap, I have tested, researched and found out that Airdrop is just apples own mascot to Bluetooth and WLAN, Airdrop requires bluetooth or WLAN to function...

They named it Airdrop and restricted connectivity to just Apple devices for obvious reasons.

Apple has a lot of cases in court for proprietary violations. They also have claims against others for trade infringements.

This is common for manufacturers and marketers to go to market with expectations of high ROI on products they know to be highly contentious. Its s rat race. grin
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by LeonMacJames(m): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

Why do android users badmouth iPhone users so much?
I really don’t get it . I’ve used more than one android phone before nd I wasn’t going around badmouthing iPhone users all that time.
Do android users gain something from badmouthing iPhone nd it’s users ?
Someone said it’s out of jealousy. Is that true?
This scenario is just both ways...

It's called Fanboyism.
If they can't afford it they look for a stupid reason condemn it.
And some apple users can't afford to use android or windows hence they look for their own reason to condemn it...

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by texazzpete(m): 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2018
99% of the time, it's because of envy since they can't afford Apple products.

Also a lack of exposure.

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by LeonMacJames(m): 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Apple has a lot of cases in court for proprietary violations. They also have claims against others for trade infringements.

This is common for manufacturers and marketers to go to market with expectations of high ROI on products they know to be highly contentious. Its s rat race. grin

Honestly speaking, they fair better in Software than Hardware.

Every of their flagship release is always having one mumu comma.

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by IrokoOluwere: 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2018
LeonMacJames:

This scenario is just both ways...

It's called Fanboyism.
If they can't afford it they look for a stupid reason condemn it.
And some apple users can't afford to use android or windows hence they look for their own reason to condemn it...
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by BabaRamota1980: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

Why do android users badmouth iPhone users so much?
I really don’t get it . I’ve used more than one android phone before nd I wasn’t going around badmouthing iPhone users all that time.
Do android users gain something from badmouthing iPhone nd it’s users ?
Someone said it’s out of jealousy. Is that true?

As you can see there, the OP felt insulted by the treatment. I cannot address that or his state of mind but I can help clear air about the pros and cons of each of the product lines, based on my own experience across the platforms.

grin

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by ridbell01(m): 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

Please be informed .
My phone could connect to the computer with my USB chord. But I will have to search every nook and cranny of the phone before I find the files . It would have been easier to find if they were pictures.
I wanted to save time and save myself unnecessary headache .So ...You don’t have a point there .
Then about playing songs through Xender thing . You got a problem with that
That person simply didn’t have money to buy songs from iTunes or Apple Music . Which would have downloaded into the contemporary music player on this phone .
So he opted for a free alternative.
Again you don’t have a point there too .
But I must commend your respect for my “choice” . Thanks cheesy
eeeeh mean i will buy phone,buy airtime and buy music again?..i have been using android since 2012 when they were rushing BlackBerry then..i don't have any reason to switch to iPhone
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by IrokoOluwere: 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

As you can see there, the OP felt insulted by the treatment. I cannot address that or his state of mind but I can help clear air about the pros and cons of each of the product lines, based on my own experience across the platforms.

grin
Lol , I’m the op na grin
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by texazzpete(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2018
abbey621:
My Samsung Note 9 fully modded beats any iPhone interms of productivity and raw speed grin grin grin

Your Note 9 is nowhere near as powerful as an iPhone XS.

BabaRamota1980:

Samsung manufactures the components in iphone.

Samsung makes a few parts of the iPhone. The display, for one, but that is made according to Apple's specifications and - according to Displaymate - is the best in the world (iPhone XS).
Samsung doesn't make the iPhone Chipset.

BabaRamota1980:

Functionally it is behind Samsung for productivity. A good example is the opening post by OP, his productivity was hindered because his glitzy, celebrity class, iphone failed to perform a very basic utility.

Also, Apple kept its products outside of the open collaboration project amongst developers. This means while product manufacturers are designing printers, projectors, scanners, usb, tv, they focus on inter-operability for the participating products. Therefore to print, to use projector, to use file sharing, to use hdmi....you have to get Apple products or buy extra accessories to adapt the interface link.

i/o is much easier with Android, but it's not really a deal-breaker for iOS. As the OP notes, he could just as well have emailed the file to the operator. That's often much safer and easier than hooking up your phone to the computer and rooting around the filesystem.

Most modern printers are wireless these days, and iOS supports wireless print via bluetooth or wifi.
The vast majority of people don't use HDMI-out or use projectors with their phones. I certainly can't imagine a scenario where i'd want to use any of my Android phones with a projector.
I use Google Cast from my iPhone to send stuff to my TV sometimes. works perfectly.

BabaRamota1980:

In fact for those who dont yet know, Windows10 has released a new update that mirror your Android phone on the PC desktop. The apps you have on your phone can now be extended to pc desktop. Only windows10 has this capability. Get the update. If you are working on computer and someone send you whatsapp message you dont have to pause, pick up phone, respond and return to pc. Everything is right there as an app on pc and it uses your credential on the phone.

YourPhone is a good app, and definitely a plus for Android and Windows 10 users. For mac users, the value proposition for Android is diminished.

BabaRamota1980:

If you have to make presentations, if you have to build reports, if you use statistical calculations to build and report metrics, if you are lead on a project.....forget about iphone in Nigeria. It maybe different in Europe or America...but in naija, no no!

All of these can be done just as easily on an iPhone. I can think of no reason why there should be any difficulty in pulling these off. Not sure why you think these are harder to pull off in Naija.

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by IrokoOluwere: 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
ridbell01:
eeeeh mean i will buy phone,buy airtime and buy music again?..i have been using android since 2012 when they were rushing BlackBerry then..i don't have any reason to switch to iPhone
And how many times have you been arrested ,flogged or forced to buy or use an iPhone
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by BabaRamota1980: 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2018
texazzpete:
99% of the time, it's because of envy since they can't afford Apple products.

Also a lack of exposure.

I believe these perceptions matter a lot depending on the environment one is in.

It wouldnt matter i suppose, in US or Europe or Japan, which one you use. You can walk into a shop and pay small amount to get a part replaced or buy a new accessory for your iphone.

Compare with a person living in Kotangora with iphone. Where in Kotangora can i find a Apple dealer for an accessory, and at affordable price?

Even in Lagos, the biggest markets, what guarantees do you have the thunderbolt cable you bought is OEM? If you discover it not to be you do not enjoy the luxury of merchandise return agreements that iphone users in America have.

Im sure in Texas you can return your product and get money back if you are not satisfied. Try that in Lagos.

So to a great degree the pushback and rejection of apple in Nigeria is connected with spending and availability.
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by BabaRamota1980: 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2018
texazzpete:

Samsung makes a few parts of the iPhone. The display, for one, but that is made according to Apple's specifications and - according to Displaymate - is the best in the world (iPhone XS).
Samsung doesn't make the iPhone Chipset.

i/o is much easier with Android, but it's not really a deal-breaker for iOS. As the OP notes, he could just as well have emailed the file to the operator. That's often much safer and easier than hooking up your phone to the computer and rooting around the filesystem.

Most modern printers are wireless these days, and iOS supports wireless print via bluetooth or wifi.
The vast majority of people don't use HDMI-out or use projectors with their phones. I certainly can't imagine a scenario where i'd want to use any of my Android phones with a projector.
I use Google Cast from my iPhone to send stuff to my TV sometimes. works perfectly.

YourPhone is a good app, and definitely a plus for Android and Windows 10 users. For mac users, the value proposition for Android is diminished.

All of these can be done just as easily on an iPhone. I can think of no reason why there should be any difficulty in pulling these off. Not sure why you think these are harder to pull off in Naija.

I think your responses here are well captured in my last post.

Location Location Location!

Spending and Availability are key!

Everything u said here is standard in US. In Naija it is luxury. Not many can afford it. Those who can afford it do not have the connectivity that supports a cable free tethering.
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
LeonMacJames:

Lol, I'd like to think that you use an Apple product, If not you should be the one to sharrap, I have tested, researched and found out that Airdrop is just apples own mascot to Bluetooth and WLAN, Airdrop requires bluetooth or WLAN to function...

They named it Airdrop and restricted connectivity to just Apple devices for obvious reasons.

And that makes airdrop bluetooth?

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by masterfactor(m): 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
hahahahahah

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by teewhydope(m): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
IrokoOluwere:
God bless you!
you're both ignorant. airdrop is a combo of Bluetooth and wifi
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by Stoner069(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2018
Simonrom:

Sharrap there

Airdrop is airdrop and Bluetooth is Bluetooth

Leave the fool
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by texazzpete(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I believe these perceptions matter a lot depending on the environment one is in.

It wouldnt matter i suppose, in US or Europe or Japan, which one you use. You can walk into a shop and pay small amount to get a part replaced or buy a new accessory for your iphone.

Compare with a person living in Kotangora with iphone. Where in Kotangora can i find a Apple dealer for an accessory, and at affordable price?

Even in Lagos, the biggest markets, what guarantees do you have the thunderbolt cable you bought is OEM? If you discover it not to be you do not enjoy the luxury of merchandise return agreements that iphone users in America have.

Im sure in Texas you can return your product and get money back if you are not satisfied. Try that in Lagos.

So to a great degree the pushback and rejection of apple in Nigeria is connected with spending and availability.

It is far easier to get a decent lightning cable in lagos than to get a decent USB-C cable. Most modern Android phones have switched to USB-C

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by IrokoOluwere: 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2018
teewhydope:

you're both ignorant. airdrop is a combo of Bluetooth and wifi
So?
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by abbey621(m): 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2018
texazzpete:

It's more powerful than the XS and XS Max because it is modded, fully unclocked. When you fully unclock an android like the Note/Galaxy series, there's no way an iPhone can compete with it. This is the advantage of Android over the iOS ecosystem, this is the reason serious gamers/I.T freaks rarely use iphones professionally.
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by LeonMacJames(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2018
Simonrom:

And that makes airdrop bluetooth?
It makes bluetooth an Apple feature, which is totally wrong.
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by IrokoOluwere: 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
LeonMacJames:
It makes bluetooth an Apple feature, which is totally wrong.
Totally wrong?
Are you saying android owns Bluetooth
Or are you saying Apple has no right to have Bluetooth connectivity
You really are comparing the speed of airdrop to Bluetooth ?
Lmao . You even said airdrop is the same thing as bluetooth? What kind of fallacy is that ?
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by wheezyoung(m): 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
LeonMacJames:

You guys don't know that Airdrop is actually bluetooth ? But just restricted to Apple devices.
Bluetooth and wifi kind sir
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by wheezyoung(m): 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
LeonMacJames:

You guys don't know that Airdrop is actually bluetooth ? But just restricted to Apple devices.
Bluetooth and WiFi kind sir
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by Elxandre(m): 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2018
henry007:

iPhone 6 is 56K. Not exactly for the rich now, is it?
Still too costly for such an outdated device.
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by marvinsync(m): 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2018
IrokoOluwere:
I wanted to print some pdf documents on my iphone yesterday . So I was at this cafe and I simply asked to send the stuffs to one of them via WhatsApp so they can print for me . Cos I left my flash drive at home .
The young lady that attended to me said I should connect my phone to the pc via USB . Bla bla bla or send via Bluetooth. Bla bla bla .
I told her , my phone won’t allow me to do that . And none of their PCs is a Mac , I would have sent it via airdrop.
The girl disagreed and wanted to argue . I was like You wan know my phone reach me?
Oya take USB chord ,connect it and be looking for the file . Or send your Bluetooth you’re talking about.
Then some other guy asked if there was any problem? He then asked what kind of phone ? Then the lady told him it’s an iPhone .
The guy was like . Ahh ,iPhone cheesy and you wan connect USB . You go tire o .
I faced the lady and said ... “sheybe I tell you”.
Next second ... not less than four people that were probably customers descended on me and started yelling .
… how can you be using an iPhone with no android as a second phone .
... You go dy use stupid iPhone, stupid phone . Just because you wanto oppress people with it, that’s why you bought it .
... iPhones are not made for Nigerians , you’re wasting your time .
... better go and sell it and buy android .
... only Americans use iPhones.
... any Nigerian using iPhone is stupid .
And they went on and on and on . I was dumbfounded, yet pissed .
I was like What is the meaning of all these nonsense you’re telling me?
I haven’t met any of these people before for heavens sake !
Why are you people sounding so insecure like this ? Jeez !
I simply ignored them and went ahead to print my stuff ...

it happens here on Nairaland every now and then too
Whenever there’s a thread about iPhones , you see android fan boys all over the place spewing as much trash as they could .
Please come here and tell me what exactly do you stand to gain ?

it's vice versa
iPhone users also troll android threads

and iPhone is quite annoying cause it's not flexible
and the situation u experienced is not so common , just some jealous people that's all

1 Like

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by KAM3KAZI: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
tumababa:
dont stress yourself. its done even in the USA. Android users will always badmouth iphone users.
even android phone makers badmouth iphone users not to talk of the android buyers.

Lol reminds me of what Huawei did to iPhone customers while they were camping & waiting for the new iPhones to be launched. They gave them free power banks with a small note.
That was some major trolling grin grin grin

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by Decale: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
abbey621:

It's more powerful than the XS and XS Max because it is modded, fully unclocked. When you fully unclock an android like the Note/Galaxy series, there's no way an iPhone can compete with it. This is the advantage of Android over the iOS ecosystem, this is the reason serious gamers/I.T freaks rarely use iphones professionally.

I'm sorry but can you tell us why your note 9 is more powerful than the Xs after modding or "unlocked"?

No other company living or dead has processor faster than the A12 bionic...

We're waiting.

2 Likes

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by texazzpete(m): 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
abbey621:

Whether your mod and unclock your Note 9, the SD 845 doesn't come anywhere near the performance levels of the A12 Bionic in the XS.

Actually , the iOS platform is much preferred to Android for gamers since the ecosystem is much more robust and Apple have had the more powerful hardware for ag least 4 generations now.
The only reason why most Nigerian gamers prefer Android is because piracy is much cheaper and those cheapskates would rather pirate than pay N1500 equivalent for a game.

Go check out the anandtech review of the iPhone XS and see how their conclusion ends.

2 Likes

Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by steperone(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
Mark9854:

Its kind of a
Manchester united & Chealsea or
Barcelona & Real Madrid thing... You naturally can't like the both, its a pick one hate the other thing.

This is not true, we are not robots that have been programmed to do one thing and can’t do otherwise, that is why we have freewill, you can be a ManU fan and also like Chelsea... But if you choose to be a fan of only one team thats you also expressing your freewill, that guy said he uses a Mac System and an Android phone and thats his choice... Freewill!
Re: What Joy Do Android Users Derive From Badmouthing Iphone And Ios Users?? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2018
GRACEGLORY:

Quoting your haters as stated above:
Just because you wanto oppress people with it, that’s why you bought it .
They might not be able to afford one.

The rate at which Android phones are resold after a couple of weeks is now alarming, and I've discovered it's not so with the Apple products, as a matter of fact, most Apple users looks forward to the next edition. And Apple isn't competing she's got her own pace.

Apple is Unique and has a stronger security, and even more effective finger print.

And the power of choice either for Android or iOS lies in our Psyche

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top Spot In India’s Smartphone Market / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / Nigerian Subscribers Spend N602.6 Billion On Calls In Five Months - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.