Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight (21552 Views)

Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know / 6 Signs You May Miss Your Flight / 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Opinionated: 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2018
Missing a flight is a terrible feeling that can be extra stressful if you’re travelling for a personal emergency or on a tight work schedule. While dealing with the unexpected might cause you to feel anxious, upset, and helpless, there are several steps you can take to ensure things run as smoothly as possible when air travel doesn’t go as planned.

Brush up on your airline’s policies

One of the best things you can do before you fly is familiarise yourself with your booked airline’s policies. Know what their contract of carriage is, as it will outline how an airline handles various scenarios, such as delays, missed flights, and more.

Consider other transportation options

If your airline won’t rebook you without a pricey penalty, it may be time to consider other options. Sometimes, it’s less expensive to buy a brand new ticket from other airlines, fly out of a neighbouring airport, or to re-organise your agenda to fly out on a different day. If your flight was scheduled to be short, you might be able to get to your destination faster with a ground transportation option like a rental car, bus, or train.

Adjust your agenda and/or accommodations

Missing your flight will likely have an impact on your itinerary, whether you’re traveling for work or for fun. Consider things like airport pickup and transfers, along with your scheduled accommodations. Be sure to let a hotel know as soon as soon as it’s clear that you won’t be on time for your reservation, especially if you need to cancel it entirely. Your goal here is to avoid extra charges made to your booking.

Look into compensation

If you missed a connecting flight because your first flight was disrupted, you might be eligible for compensation from your airline.

Talk with airline representatives

Before you start to stress out, talk with airline representatives about your missed flight. Explaining why you missed your flight is the first step. Some airlines have an informal ‘flat tire’ rule which means they can bflifook you on the next available flight, should space allow, if you missed your flight for a good reason.

Source: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by BadiratT: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
Okay.

What a good day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by ladyF(f): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
Noted!

Im still buying bitcoin... Check my signature.. Best rate always.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by koolgee(m): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
Good
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Turks: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
Just start crying
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by rentAcock(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
None of these tips apply in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by IPOBrep: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
Pls change that image. It was used to defraud a nation.

Thanks .

Were is the Jimoh of a guy even

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Splasshhh(f): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
Nice tips
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by enitey(f): 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2018
Air Nigeria.....Mtchewwww

3 Likes

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by yungchop: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2018
Abeg who will pay airfare for me?? Let me self just experience what it feels like to be in the air.. Even if na from Abj to Lag

5 Likes

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by datola: 6:05pm On Oct 05, 2018
Prepare to pay a no show fee for a reschedule.
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by ednut1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
Last time i paid 7k extra
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by ClintonDal(m): 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
First first poster go and remove that "Air Nigeria".
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by minasota(f): 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2018
I can remember paying for extra 300usd after missing my flight for an imbecilic trip

1 Like

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Culin(f): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
Noted and will come handy someday. How about things you can do when you miss your annoying ass boyfriend?
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
Nice Thread
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by hokafor(m): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2018
When you miss air France. They don't have no show in their dictionary. Your money is gone.
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Pentools(m): 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2018
President Atiku from 2019....
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by ipobarecriminals: 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
cool cool see gud thread ooo.if to say how to obtain oluwole visa now, e for don reach 20 pages with request flying up/down
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Akosbaba(m): 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
Lol
For naija
Compensation go tey
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by SageTravels: 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
Op you refused to talk about rescheduling and paying for no show.

The truth is when you miss your flight, don't loss hope you can fly again with the same ticket but you have to pay a no show fee. the fee varies from airline to airline.

But if you decide not to fly again, ask for refund but before you do that, check if the ticket is refundable.

In this article, I have listed step by step on how to reschedule if you know you can not fly as plan maybe due to emergency or unforseen contingencies. You will learn how to change date, time and route.

https://www.sagetravels.com/how-to-change-your-arik-flight-route-date-and-time/

1 Like

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by BedLam: 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2018
All these anyhow blogs sef
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Abbeyme: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
Why pitting Air Nigeria pix na.

Is the op ok sef?
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by jarrot(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
yungchop:
Abeg who will pay airfare for me?? Let me self just experience what it feels like to be in the air.. Even if na from Abj to Lag

Would have offered to do that but I am interested in how you will return to Abuja grin
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
rentAcock:
None of these tips apply in Nigeria.

Very true
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by nuelleoz(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
ednut1:
Last time i paid 7k extra
ur boi dey hail o. how area?
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by alaye123: 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
Well i once missed my connecting flight at Ataturk airport instanbul turkey because i overslept at the airport and the current time on my watch deceived me as against the local time. Well i was fined for no show and had to part away with 440USD.

NB: If you miss you flight because of your airlines fault they will reschedule you free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by sacx: 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
OP next time you want to do copy and paste, make sure you edit it to suit the Nigerian situation
Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by henchamb(m): 12:05am On Oct 06, 2018
alaye123:
Well i once missed my connecting flight at Ataturk airport instanbul turkey because i overslept at the airport and the current time on my watch deceived me as against the local time. Well i was fined for no show and had to part away with 440USD.

NB: If you miss you flight because of your airlines fault they will reschedule you free of charge.

Missed my flight Two times at this same airport.
The attendant would simple say sorry my friend, flight is..... Point to the sky.

3 Likes

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 06, 2018
I just wanted to add that there's a lot of variables

My Delta flight had an equipment fault and was delayed in taking off and we missed our connecting flight. We were placed on Kenyan Airlines so had an opportunity to at least see Kenya. no change fees.

Missed my flight yesterday due to the religious buffoonery at Redeem.

The baboons at Murtala wanted to charge me the default 300 dollars per person for 3 passengers plus 1,200 in fare difference. I could see the glint of joy in their impoverished faces as they watched me squirm.

Anyways I called the US customer service and they rebooked me for free and were both sympathetic and apologetic.

So anyways nothing is cast in stone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by zofofo09: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2018
220 odd for today ,Winning is my right, 100% grantee call now or whatsapp to confirm .

Re: Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight by Blessingiyama(f): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2018
For cheap discounted flight tickets on both international and local flights, call 08169077153

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Embassy To Reopen Abuja Office On Friday August 24 After 'White Powder Scare' / A Tanker Heading To Iganmu Bridge From Sifax Burst Into Flames / Uk Visa Tlscontact Nigeria Lagos And Abuja (all You Need To Know)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.