Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Visa To Write An Exam In Usa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa To Write An Exam In Usa (2264 Views)

Final Year Student Dies In Motorcycle Crash Shortly After Her Exam In Nasarawa / What Is The Fastest & Easiest Schengen Tourist Visa To Get / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
Please which visa is suitable to write an Exam in the USA? Am still a student of a Nigerian University.. what are my chances of getting the visa? I intend to spend just 7 days
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by BarristerAlarig: 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
Osahon7:
Please which visa is suitable to write an Exam in the USA? Am still a student of a Nigerian University.. what are my chances of getting the visa? I intend to spend just 7 days

Dear sir, what kind of exams are you looking to write? How relevant is the exam to your career?? Can't the exam be written online?? How about writing it in Nigeria or other African countries?? Is this option not available??

Nobody can advice you without the answers to those questions..

But if it's NCLEX, try India or the Philippines.
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

Dear sir, what kind of exams are you looking to write? How relevant is the exam to your career?? Can't the exam be written online?? How about writing it in Nigeria or other African countries?? Is this option not available??

Nobody can advice you without the answers to those questions..

But if it's NCLEX, try India or the Philippines.

Thanks Sir... its the NBDE EXAMS FOR DENTAL STUDENTS AND DENTAL PROFESSIONALS... The exam is given only in the USA and Canada at Prometric Center locations.
No it can’t be taken online.
Am a student of a Nigerian Uni, no family or relations in the USA.. i have a friend there and i intend to stay with him for the 7 days visit
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 07, 2018
You can get the visa if your friend is willing to accommodate you and there's an established relationship/friendship between you two.

Apply for visit visa in their website by yourself, pay the visa fees and put together your documents for visa interview. Keep your Nigerian school documents handy even your last paid school fees receipt, ID card and get ready to prove to them that you'll go back to Nigeria. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by AgentGoat: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2018
Osahon7:

Thanks Sir... its the NBDE EXAMS FOR DENTAL STUDENTS AND DENTAL PROFESSIONALS... The exam is given only in the USA and Canada at Prometric Center locations.
Am a student of a Nigerian Uni, no family or relations in the USA.. i have a friend there and i intend to stay with him for the 7 days visit
You are taking the exam for student membership?

Can the exam help you in getting licensure in USA after you graduate from naija uni?
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 07, 2018
AgentGoat:
You are taking the exam for student membership?

Can the exam help you in getting licensure in USA after you graduate from naija uni?
Yes it will...but am writing it to boost my CV
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by BarristerAlarig: 10:27am On Oct 07, 2018
Osahon7:

Dear sir.

From your post, I knew it was going to be one of those licensing exams for medics.Back to your question, if you have evidence of payment for the exam, proof of accommodation,letter of introduction from your HOD, enough money to cover travel expenses in your personal account, I doubt if the VO would still grant the visa majorly because before a B1/B2 visa is granted, non immigrant intent must be established.

Taking the exams simply means you have the intent to practice in the US. That is an immigrant intent. Nothing stops you from overstaying your visa.. In fact, it is the logical thing to do as getting into a Bridging program for foreign trained dentist while in Nigeria will be very difficult if not impossible.

I assume this won't be the case if you haven't graduated. If you have... Best of luck.
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

Dear sir.

From your post, I knew it was going to be one of those licensing exams for medics.Back to your question, if you have evidence of payment for the exam, proof of accommodation,letter of introduction from your HOD, enough money to cover travel expenses in your personal account, I doubt if the VO would still grant the visa majorly because before a B1/B2 visa is granted, non immigrant intent must be established.

Taking the exams simply means you have the intent to practice in the US. That is an immigrant intent. Nothing stops you from overstaying your visa.. In fact, it is the logical thing to do as getting into a Bridging program for foreign trained dentist while in Nigeria will be very difficult if not impossible.

I assume this won't be the case if you haven't graduated. If you have... Best of luck.

Dear Sir, so what are my chances? Do you think I should still try my luck at V.O? Also, I talk very slow because have got a speech problem.do you think it will be wise to inform the vo of my speech problem before starting the interview?
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by AgentGoat: 11:10am On Oct 07, 2018
Osahon7:
Yes it will...but am writing it to boost my CV
I wish you luck bro
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by BarristerAlarig: 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osahon7:

Dear Sir, so what are my chances? Do you think I should still try my luck at V.O? Also, I talk very slow because have got a speech problem.do you think it will be wise to inform the vo of my speech problem before starting the interview?

Dear sir, have you graduated?
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

Dear sir, have you graduated?
no...2021
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Laird(m): 9:43am On Oct 13, 2018
I think it's best your friend gets you a short term visitation or observationship at a nearby dental hospital, also find out if the exams are taken in Dubai or Ghana or other prometric centres.....

Even USMLE Usa American foreign exam for doctors is taken in Ghana so.research to save costs and to be on the side of the law
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Laird(m): 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
Besides some of this foreign exams results have expiry dates like I know IELTS And UK foreign medical doctor exams last for 2 years

After 2 years, one has to rewrite

So it's best to find out how long the exam result will last
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Laird:
I think it's best your friend gets you a short term visitation or observationshio at a nearby dental hospital, also find out if the exams are taken in Dubai or Ghana or other prometric centres.....

Even USMLE Usa American foreign exam for doctors is taken in Ghana so.research to save costs and to be on the side of the law
Thanks Sir, thr Exam is given only the USA and Canada... the Results has no expiry date
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Fawuuz491: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
Osahon7:

can i have ur contact sir?
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by symbuul: 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kingzrocky
How far? You say you wan to discuss something with me, any issue?
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Kingzrocky: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
symbuul:
Kingzrocky
How far? You say you wan to discuss something with me, any issue?

Bro, I jez need your guide as regards the rollover. I go appreciate if u fit show me the way. Abeg
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by symbuul: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kingzrocky:

Bro, I jez need your guide as regards the rollover. I go appreciate if u fit show me the way. Abeg

There's no other way to rollover than the way you make your target. However 1.5odds-2odds seems to be the just okay; with 2-3 or 2-4games your 2odds is set. Then put your stake.
I've been explaining this in the thread. Just start first and you go with your own vibe.
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Kingzrocky: 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
symbuul:

There's no other way to rollover than the way you make your target. However 1.5odds-2odds seems to be the just okay; with 2-3 or 2-4games your 2odds is set. Then put your stake.
I've been explaining this in the thread. Just start first and you go with your own vibe.

Like what options exactly?
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by symbuul: 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kingzrocky:

Like what options exactly?

Total match or team Yellow cards, favourites shots on target, favourites team goals, chance mix (especially 1 or ov2.5 or 2 or ov2.5). Few times I go with straight wins.
Start first bro. It's not 100% winning guaranteed, betting has never been.
Re: Visa To Write An Exam In Usa by Kingzrocky: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
symbuul:

Total match or team Yellow cards, favourites shots on target, favourites team goals, chance mix (especially 1 or ov2.5 or 2 or ov2.5). Few times I go with straight wins.
Start first bro. It's not 100% winning guaranteed, betting has never been.

Thanks locust. smiley u blessed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can I Demand For More Food In A Plane? / Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help / Visa Appointments Still Open At Us Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.