Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help (2263 Views)

Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by wjxavier(m): 7:08am On Mar 15, 2020
I found this on GoFundMe.

Bamidele is a Nigerian immigrant that has been living in Indianapolis, Indiana. He is married with three children back home in Nigeria.

On December 4, 2019 he was arrested by ICE for an expired visa. He had not committed any crime but because of his status, he was taken to McHenry County Jail located in Woodstock, Illinois.

As you can imagine, his experience in ICE detention has taken a mental and physical toll on him. He’s been unable to speak with his children or family which are located back home in Nigeria, because he is unable to make international calls.

His bail has been set at $3500 however he has been unable to collect. He goes back to court in one week. He must have this money or the judge can opt to take further action including possible deportation.

Please consider donating and please also consider sharing this GoFundMe with family and friends via WhatsApp and Facebook to get his story heard and to increase donations. Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/FreeBamidele

cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by wjxavier(m): 7:12am On Mar 15, 2020
I happen to know him from 25 years ago in Federal Government College Idoani. 1993 set.

I know alumni folks can take forever to help someone. (Na so so committee things�)

This is why I brought it to Nairaland.

Please help as able.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by justwise(m): 7:16am On Mar 15, 2020
wjxavier:
I happen to know him from 25 years ago in Federal Government College Idoani. 1993 set.

I know alumni folks can take forever to help someone. (Na so so committee things�)

This is why I brought it to Nairaland.

Please help as able.

Thanks.

What is the point of donating money to let him out? As an illegal immigrant he will be finally deported then he will be able to see his family

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Petyprincess(f): 7:21am On Mar 15, 2020
On December 4, 2019 he was arrested by ICE for an expired visa.

But you said he never committed any crime? Didn't you know staying in a foreign country when your visa has expired is a crime? He will definitely be deported nd banned from that country! Seems you dnt know sane countries are strict with their immigration rules!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Davash222(m): 7:29am On Mar 15, 2020
I should contribute money for someone staying in US Seems your head is paining you.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Perfecttouchade: 7:31am On Mar 15, 2020
Trump no dey like dis kind matter, he will shook him eyes inside the matter tight..his policies are mostly against Nigerians if u look deep...it's high time Nigerians just let go America cos as long as Trump is the president then forget it, he will keep creating policies that will affect the migration of Nigerians into U.S. well Nigeria rocks, if not for our greedy leaders wetin we dey find up and down ...ICE detention no be waasa o but make Dem free guy man make him come back jejely

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by ednut1(m): 7:36am On Mar 15, 2020
Let him just wait till he his deported. When they tell people visit visa japa route doesn't worth it . They say you are an hater

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by shege45: 7:51am On Mar 15, 2020
Davash222:
I should contribute money for someone staying in US Seems your head is paining you.
dont u see d condition? what’s the big deal about US. if you no go drop money just keep quiet. me sef no go drop cus dem go still deport am but if a sick person in america needs contribution, i wouldn’t do it gladly
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Davash222(m): 8:02am On Mar 15, 2020
shege45:
dont u see d condition? what’s the big deal about US. if you no go drop money just keep quiet. me sef no go drop cus dem go still deport am but if a sick person in america needs contribution, i wouldn’t do it gladly
Hope you do contribute for sick persons in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by shege45: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
Davash222:

Hope you do contribute for sick persons in Nigeria?
let me worry about that bro
Just give if you can and be calm if you can’t. No be every situation you gats talk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Soknown: 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
Petyprincess:
On December 4, 2019 he was arrested by ICE for an expired visa.

But you said he never committed any crime? Didn't you know staying in a foreign country when your visa has expired is a crime? He will definitely be deported nd banned from that country! Seems you dnt know sane countries are strict with their immigration rules!
Visa rule violation is a major crime just like tax evasion. I know of some blokes in school on student Visa, that are allowed to work certain hours per week. If they work more than the permitted hours, it becomes problems later. If you are not caught today, you could be caught tomorrow, next month, next year or even ten years. An individual may forget but the system never forget.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Petyprincess(f): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
Soknown:

Visa rule violation is a major crime just like tax evasion. I know of some blokes in school on student Visa, that are allowed to work certain hours per week. If they work more than the permitted hours, it becomes problems later. If you are not caught today, you could be caught tomorrow, next month, next year or even ten years. An individual may forget but the system never forget.
Exactly!! But most Nigerians think visa violation is no big deal grin you will even hear some people saying "if i get tourist visa i go just japa" it's not as easy as people think sometimes! Not every country can be careless with visa policy like Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by travelland(f): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
There's no issue here, let him wait until they deport him. I hope he has learned his lesson

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
Just imagine those kids . School fees and other bills on the line. We nigerians need to start using our brains. Its not a must to marry or have many kids. Deportation and ban loading.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Sparrow0: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
Lol even if he gets the bail deportation is sure anyway. Rules are rules.
So tell him to chill and wait for his deportation, that's like free bail, free visa and free plane ticket. Cool right? I know �
They want to "Japa" on any visa category they get their hands on forgetting the consequences. Smh
Wait a sec, who even create his GoFundMe account or whatever sef?

I doubt that's his picture up there cus just imagine a grown up man like that, real clusterfuck. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by SHOPPERS(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
Waju has a pending scam case on https://www.nairaland.com/5575332/heard-popular-forex-scam-scammer

Please be careful of dealing with him o. Be careful of paying into the GoFundMe account too.

Ensure you verify properly.
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by wjxavier(m): 2:43am On Mar 18, 2020
Glad the bail has been raised.

Thank you all. Whoever supported this effort.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by lionlee216(m): 3:39am On Mar 18, 2020
wjxavier:

Glad the money has been raised. My friend that was locked up in the same facility confirmed he knew him and know his story

I wish him the best

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by wjxavier(m): 1:04am On Mar 21, 2020
Hi. Thanks for your feedback. Hope your friend has been able to settle things too?

lionlee216:

Glad the money has been raised. My friend that was locked up in the same facility confirmed he knew him and know his story

I wish him the best
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by lionlee216(m): 2:36am On Mar 21, 2020
wjxavier:
Hi. Thanks for your feedback. Hope your friend has been able to settle things too?

Sort ke!. His court case( removal proceedings) is in 2021. So for now, he's going about his normal business. His intl passport and green card were not returned when he was released on bond
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Moety: 2:44am On Mar 21, 2020
Davash222:
Can you imagine? OP is not well at all lol grin
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Donaltus: 4:46am On Mar 21, 2020
lionlee216:

I wish him the best
Boss most Nigerians are haters oooo, see people comments, some of the people we dash money are not even happy for us. Baba na to waka jeje

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 21, 2020
lionlee216:

Sort ke!. His court case( removal proceedings) is in 2021. So for now, he's going about his normal business. His intl passport and green card were not returned when he was released on bond
If he has a green card, why did ICE arrest him?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Phelixblaq(m): 7:46am On Mar 21, 2020
Donaltus:

Boss most Nigerians are haters oooo, see people comments, some of the people we dash money are not even happy for us. Baba na to waka jeje

No be lie, Nigeria is hard
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by Gforce2019: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2020
Nigerians and wickedness work hands- in -hands. Can you see wicked comments? This is a lesson for those of you who have scaled up, there are some people praying day and night for you to come down. Since you don't want to invest why can't you waka pass. Just imagine, if the same person is your brother and he use to send money to you wella. The indices of greatness of a nation or family is love towards one another.

I spit on your heads.
Re: Nigerian Immigrant Bamidele Needs Your Help by dgee1(m): 9:42am On Apr 23, 2020
Hello bro Waju,

Let's just say I'm one your aburos you've never before heard from. I get your emails and most times it's as if you are talking to me personally. I salute you, sire. The "Fragrance to Fire" email of some days ago was all I needed at that very point.

I can type all the economic reasons I've been unable to plug in to opportunities you share, but I know they are crap and you don't buy those stuff. I'm in a mess financially and I would like to learn and put in effort towards something worthwhile under your guidance. I'm tired of begging people for jobs on Nairaland. I want to start failing at something. Something I can grow with.

I am to willing work for opportunity that may come up. I won't disappointed you.

Thanks and God bless.

wjxavier:

(1) (Reply)

Canada Based Nairalander Spotted Robot Cleaning Mall: Pictures Video / Help Justwise & Everyone For Pearson Test Of English Exam. / Travel Direction To Eleko Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.