Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

UPTH Mortuary Attendants Steal The Eyes Of A Dead Child . - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UPTH Mortuary Attendants Steal The Eyes Of A Dead Child . (385 Views)

Delta: Dead Child Tied On A Girl's Back For "Feeding Him With Poisonous Leaf" / 2 Mortuary Attendants, 5 Others Arrested Over Missing Corpse / UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPTH Mortuary Attendants Steal The Eyes Of A Dead Child . by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2018
#FCMgist

As reported by instablog.Some staff of the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, UPTH mortuary, have been arrested for allegedly removing the eyes of a dead 18-month-old twin named Chuma, who died of anaemia on August 3, 2018…

According to TheSun, the father of the dead child who had gone back to pay the mortuary bill, two weeks later, discovered that the corpse they brought out for him, had been mutilated…He said the UPTH mortuary attendants could not account for how, when or why the body parts got missing.

He added that; “Even while the baby was still breathing, one of the nurses had approached me and asked me to pay N30,000 to have the baby buried somewhere…That got me annoyed. From that moment, they became nonchalant, claiming they were waiting for the blood test until the child died.”.

.According to the father of the dead child, he was prevented from taking pictures of the corpse. “I was so angry I wanted to fight the mortuary attendants. Eventually, I abandoned the corpse to them…That very day, I reported the case to the Rivers State Police Command; the next day, I got in touch with my lawyer and we wrote a petition to the Commissioner of Police on September 18…Till today, the question I am asking the mortuary attendants is, what happened to the two eyes of my baby?” Sunday stated…

The State’s Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Zaki, confirmed that “Sunday wrote a petition to me on September 18, and we immediately started the investigation.” Zaki affirmed that the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of SCID personally took charge of the case…“We sent an invitation letter to the board of UPTH,” he said.

It was gathered that UPTH snubbed the meeting scheduled for September 22. Four mortuary attendants have been arrested by the police for interrogation. �: The Sun

https://www.fcmgist.com/2018/10/06/upth-mortuary-attendants-steal-the-eyes-of-a-dead-child/

Lalasticlala , Mynd44

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Steal The Eyes Of A Dead Child . by Olalan(m): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2018
Ritualist everywhere.......May God protect us from the evil ones
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Steal The Eyes Of A Dead Child . by sinaj(f): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2018
He added that; “Even while the baby was still breathing, one of the nurses had approached me and asked me to pay N30,000 to have the baby buried somewhere…That got me annoyed. From that moment, they became nonchalant, claiming they were waiting for the blood test until the child died.”.

He should ask this nurse what happened to his baby's eyes.
Autopsy should be carried out on that child again to know what killed her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Steal The Eyes Of A Dead Child . by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2018
Eh! U say wetin!!!
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Steal The Eyes Of A Dead Child . by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 06, 2018
Which kind country be this sef
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Steal The Eyes Of A Dead Child . by xbernardx(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2018
They want to look into the future to see 2019 election results

(1) (Reply)

Pastor, Aides Arrested After Failing To ‘resurrect’ 5-month-old Sick Baby / Family In Despair, As Policeman Shoots Ex-finance Minister's Daughter / Missing Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.