Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:01 PM

Is Unemployment A Spiritual Problem? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Unemployment A Spiritual Problem? (475 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Opinion: Why Unemployment Is A Choice / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Unemployment A Spiritual Problem? by OlaSalo(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2018
We all know that being unemployed can be frustrating. But our parents' added frustration can be annoyingly frustrating.

A 25yr old guy is expected to have at least, started earning something and planning his future.
My parents are the churchy type. As narrowly minded as they are, everything that happens to them or someone they know would always have a spiritual undertone.
I'm not an atheist. I'm a realist and I've always tried to explain to them that they need to stop ascribing spirituality to everything.

Since passing out early last year, I can't explain all I've gone through in the hands of my parents; my mum, most especially. She believes that my unemployment is due to 'ogun idile' (generational curses). Being my mum, I've always listened to her whenever she tells me to do anything because of the kinda love I have for her. She asked me to fast and for over 8months, no week passes that I won't fast twice or three times in the week. She suggested going to mountains and i can boldly say without mincing words that even some mountains are fed up of my coming. Prayers too have been on a 'per second billing' and going to church everyday has become a norm all in a bid to satisfying her. Yet, nothing has happened.

I'm not saying prayers don't work, I believe they do work. But it's high time our parents start seeing things from a realist view and cease from their myopic way of visualizing things.

Frustration and depression are likely to pop up during this trying times. Don't feel discouraged or downbeat if you're still unemployed. Keep updating the CV and keep sending that mail. Don't stop making new contacts and don't look down on anyone. Never stop learning new skills. You never can tell where the breakthrough is coming from.
I'm sure we all will be here soon enough to share our testimonies.

_Lalasticlala
_Semid4lyfe
_Obinoscopy
_Mukina2
please do the needful.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Unemployment A Spiritual Problem? by ddjay: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2018
OlaSalo:

We all know that being unemployed can be frustrating. But our parents' added frustration can be annoyingly frustrating.

A 25yr old guy is expected to have at least, started earning something and planning his future.
My parents are the churchy type. As narrowly minded as they are, everything that happens to them or someone they know would always have a spiritual undertone.
I'm not an atheist. I'm a realist and I've always tried to explain to them that they need to stop ascribing spirituality to everything.

Since passing out early last year, I can't explain all I've gone through in the hands of my parents; my mum, most especially. She believes that my unemployment is due to 'ogun idile' (generational curses). Being my mum, I've always listened to her whenever she tells me to do anything because of the kinda love I have for her. She asked me to fast and for over 8months, no week passes that I won't fast twice or three times in the week. She suggested going to mountains and i can boldly say without mincing words that even some mountains are fed up of my coming. Prayers too have been on a 'per second billing' and going to church everyday has become a norm all in a bid to satisfying her. Yet, nothing has happened.

I'm not saying prayers don't work, I believe they do work. But it's high time our parents start seeing things from a realist view and cease from their myopic way of visualizing things.

Frustration and depression are likely to pop up during this trying times. Don't feel discouraged or downbeat if you're still unemployed. Keep updating the CV and keep sending that mail. Don't stop making new contacts and don't look down on anyone. Never stop learning new skills. You never can tell where the breakthrough is coming from.
I'm sure we all will be here soon enough to share our testimonies.

_Lalasticlala
_Semid4lyfe
_Obinoscopy
_Mukina2
please do the needful.
thanks

A BIG YES FROM THE PENTECOSTAL PERSPECTIVE BECAUSE THE PERSON CANNOT SOW SEED.THEY ALSO HAVE SAID THAT SUCH A PERSON (IF MALE) SHOULD BE AVOIDED BY LADIES.YOU CAN GET MORE ABOUT THIS FROM THE PENTECOSTAL PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND

(1) (Reply)

Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) Job Recruitment (22 Openings) / Urgent Hiringļ¼šsales Manager, Sales Supervisor, Sales Promoter... / Vacancy At FUTA | Federal University Of Technology Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.