Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

The Reparation Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reparation Of Christ (248 Views)

Jesus Created The Universe: The Deity Of Christ / Facts About Celestial Church Of Christ / A White Man Slays In Celestial Church Of Christ White Garment... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Reparation Of Christ by Growing(m): 11:41am On Oct 06, 2018
Ola: Good evening Uche.

Uche: Good evening Ola. How are you?

Ola: I am fine. And you?

Uche: Same with me. I believe you have come as usual for a discussion.

Ola: Yes, you are right. My discussions with you has been helping me to understand some things that seemed confusing to me.

Uche: So, what are we going to be discussing about today?

Ola: Why Christ had to die.

Uche: I see. Let me hear you.

Ola: Sometimes I do not seem to understand God. I mean, why would Christ have to die before God could forgive man’s sin. I am tempted to ask, “Which kind of God is this?” Couldn’t God just forgive man without the sacrifice of Christ? God is omnipotent, he can do all things. Why then could he not forgive man without Christ having to die?

Uche: From the way and manner you asked it, this question seems to have been bothering you.

Ola: Somewhat.

Uche: Let us start from the gravity of sin.

Ola: Alright. I am listening.

Uche: The higher the dignity of a person, the greater the gravity of the offence committed against that person. Take for instance the act of slapping. If your friend, David, slaps his younger brother, John, for no reason at all, is that right?

Ola: Of course not.

Uche: What if David slaps his elder sister, Judith, for no reason?

Ola: That is even worse than slapping his younger brother, John.

Uche: Now imagine David slapping his father?

Ola: Ah! That is the worst of all.

Uche: Do you see that even though the act was the same for all three of them – a slap – the gravity of the offence increased according to the dignity of the person offended?

Ola: Yes, I see.

Uche: Now when we sin, it is like us “slapping” God.

Ola: Oh, I see. God has infinite dignity so a sin against God is infinitely grievous.

Uche: Precisely. God is infinitely perfect, thus his dignity is limitless. Hence, the malice of an offence against God is an infinite malice. It is an evil which cannot be measured. Now an infinite malice requires an infinite atonement. But man does not have the power to make an infinite atonement for an infinite malice against a perfect being with limitless dignity.

Ola: That makes a lot of sense to me. I now see why the sacrifice of animals, as was being done in the Old Testament, was not sufficient to pay for sins once and for all. Every year they had to keep offering sacrifice.

Uche: Right. If it is not within the power of man to do anything of infinite worth, animals cannot possibly suffice.

Ola: But why Christ?

Uche: Man committed the sin and it is proper that man pays for the sin. That is justice. Who do you think can do anything of infinite worth?

Ola: God.

Uche: So, there has to a person who being man and through his action pays for the sin man committed and being God, his action will carry an infinite worth that will once and for all atone for man’s sin. And who do you think that person is?

Ola: Jesus Christ – true God and true man.

I write and speak on the transformation of consciousness. Once your consciousness is transformed, there is a shift inside you. You may not know this consciously when it happens but when it does, something changes deep inside you which you may not be able to explain initially. Your experience of life becomes different. Addiction, anxiety, worry, pain, and other negative things you have been expereincing give way to peace, joy, and love. This is my purpose in the lives of people. You can digest more of my content by going through this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4639514/conscious-evolution or visiting https://steemit.com/@gokike.

(1) (Reply)

The Deception And Danger Of Religious Zeal / That Sickness, Bareness, Backwardness, Failure And Promise And Fail Is Leaving Y / God Will Do A New Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.