Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866010 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:50am On Dec 03, 2018
Peeps here have applied since May/June/July and they are yet to be notified about their Medicals, so calculate it ursef..
1playa:
Hello peeps, I applied online since October, did biometrics on 29th October but still waiting for medical instruction, anyone has idea of how long it takes to be notified for Medicals....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2018
Amen

Lagos2canna:

Expect update soonest....... June, July and August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toobie: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2018
Any good samaritan to help me review my statement of intent and help me to make correction if possible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2018
Gurus in the house!
Someone who hasn’t done Medicals, saw “we are reviewing the results of your medical exams”. Pls what does it mean and what can she do.

2. Her profile went from background check processing, to Eligibility review processing. Does that mean she has passed the two stages. No updates was sent and no email.

3. Can she go ahead with Medicals?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2018
blaugrana82:
Someone on this thread told me that two weeks ago. I didn't want to angrily or rudely reply. I just logged out of nairaland to cool of the anger. How can you advise someone that has applied since May/June that even deferred from Sept to January to now defer to May again? Painful shit.. Lol
so many insensitive people...at least don't advise if you don't have anything to say. But people must talk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okonkwobestman1: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hello, I'm not a guru but atleast i know that the conversion is supposed to be approx. 2.45, instead.

Yoshy:
For a university is that accepts B grade on a 4.0 scale for masters.

Can one be accepted to such university for masters with CGPA of 3.06 ?

The conversation of 3.06 from 5.0 to 4.0 is around 2.85
P.S: I don't know if this conversion is accurate.

Please gurus in the house, help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
Adebayo2296:
Gurus in the house!
Someone who hasn’t done Medicals, saw “we are reviewing the results of your medical exams”. Pls what does it mean and what can she do.

2. Her profile went from background check processing, to Eligibility review processing. Does that mean she has passed the two stages. No updates was sent and no email.

Thanks
your medical request will drop soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
Congrats in advance, that Medical request will drop sooner.. Do not go ahead yet, wait for the request letter to drop.. Did you get any email notification as regrds this “we are reviewing the results of your medical exams”. ?
Adebayo2296:
Gurus in the house!

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2018
Thanks @makano, no email was sent yet. Email has only come when the account was linked online.

makano:
Congrats in advance, that Medical request will drop sooner.. Do not go ahead yet, wait for the request letter to drop.. Did you get any email notification as regrds this “we are reviewing the results of your medical exams”. ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
ONLINE SERVICE HELP: IRCC online services including eTA will be intermittently unavailable between 7:00 am – 8:00 am EST on December 4.

Well, it's no news any longer, we're used to it.

I pray it to comes with good news smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
Congratulations...which school and course of study ??
lonelydude:
APPROVAL!

@makano, Bros no vex...overjoy caused it.

Applied 25 Sept.(paper route) - MEng (Applied for Fall but deferred to Winter before I submitted application).
Biometric 25 Sept
Eligibility Review started 23 Oct.
Medical Request 23 Oct (Yes same day as eligibility)
Medical done Nov. 9
Medical passed Nov 17
Biometric validity letter Nov. 23
Approval Nov. 29.

Docs:
Very detailed SOP (got a clue from one indian student's SOP on Google).I can share if you want.
IMM Docs
All academic certs
All employment letters (past & present)
Letter of recommendation from my Mentor
Police certs
C of O of property outside Lagos.
Travel History (3 US visas & 3 UK visas)
Self sponsor TB -13 & small assist from my bro for living expenses CSOA.
Tuition not yet paid.Will pay in few days before leaving.

I'm 39 and married.
That was my only attempt but I have previous MSc from Jand over 10years ago.
I had an open mind whether approved or not because I always live with the mentality that Jesus has taken the wheel and that he's on the driver's seat of my life and wherever he moves me can never be wrong for my destiny.

Keep your hope alive because your own miracle, your approved visa is on the way towards you.

You are next to testify.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by solastar2: 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
Okonkwobestman1:
Hello, I'm not a guru but atleast i know that the conversion is supposed to be approx. 2.45, instead.

This is not true. It will exceed the stated number. You can do it on wes website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2018
Send it to me, if you don't mind jinmidayo@gmail.com
Toobie:
Any good samaritan to help me review my statement of intent and help me to make correction if possible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2018
Okonkwobestman1:

So what do you think?

I think it's not always about final CGPA, but the respective course grades are factors too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by fatsonm: 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2018
solastar2:

This is not true. It will exceed the stated number. You can do it on wes website.

Can you provide the link ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iykedpetes(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
lonelydude:

How do I send to you?
send to this please iykedpeters@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ify85: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

I just got medical request; please how do I go about it Firstly, I called Q-Life family clinic for appointment and they said their next appointment date is in February. Please I want to know if we can go without any appointment. Secondly, I am pregnant and I don't know if I will be allowed to complete my medical because of X- ray exposure. Thirdly, what is the cost medical examination for children under 5 years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abethatguy: 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hello guys, I am posting from Senegal but need help and advice if that's okay.

So I linked my application to GC key a while ago, but today it says "WE ARE REVIEWING YOUR MEDICAL RESULTS"

I have not even gotten a medical request nor have I done medicals

What does this mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
Medical request about to drop.

Lucky you.

Goodluck.

abethatguy:

So I linked my application to GC key a while ago, but today it says "WE ARE REVIEWING YOUR MEDICAL RESULTS"

What does this mean?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2018
Tnablack:

Lucky you.

Goodluck.

Wen did u apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
ify85:
Hello Nairalanders,

I just got medical request; please how do I go about it Firstly, I called Q-Life family clinic for appointment and they said their next appointment date is in February. Please I want to know if we can go without any appointment. Secondly, I am pregnant and I don't know if I will be allowed to complete my medical because of X- ray exposure. Thirdly, what is the cost medical examination for children under 5 years?

Wen did your eligibility review start?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
abethatguy:

What does this mean?

Wen did u apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hey please a quick question. How does your online portal look when you have been approved? Does your eligibility still say we are checking whether you meet our eligibility requirement ?
Also, does your final decision say your application has been approved ? Please your response is highly anticipated. Thank you.
lonelydude:
APPROVAL!

@makano, Bros no vex...overjoy caused it.

Applied 25 Sept.(paper route) - MEng (Applied for Fall but deferred to Winter before I submitted application).
Biometric 25 Sept
Eligibility Review started 23 Oct.
Medical Request 23 Oct (Yes same day as eligibility)
Medical done Nov. 9
Medical passed Nov 17
Biometric validity letter Nov. 23
Approval Nov. 29.

Docs:
Very detailed SOP (got a clue from one indian student's SOP on Google).I can share if you want.
IMM Docs
All academic certs
All employment letters (past & present)
Letter of recommendation from my Mentor
Police certs
C of O of property outside Lagos.
Travel History (3 US visas & 3 UK visas)
Self sponsor TB -13 & small assist from my bro for living expenses CSOA.
Tuition not yet paid.Will pay in few days before leaving.

I'm 39 and married.
That was my only attempt but I have previous MSc from Jand over 10years ago.
I had an open mind whether approved or not because I always live with the mentality that Jesus has taken the wheel and that he's on the driver's seat of my life and wherever he moves me can never be wrong for my destiny.

Keep your hope alive because your own miracle, your approved visa is on the way towards you.

You are next to testify.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
Austacus:
ONLINE SERVICE HELP: IRCC online services including eTA will be intermittently unavailable between 7:00 am – 8:00 am EST on December 4.

Well, it's no news any longer, we're used to it.

I pray it to comes with good news smiley
Another maintenance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abethatguy: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
Tnablack:

Lucky you.

Goodluck.

Really? How do you know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abethatguy: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
042viber12:

Wen did u apply?

October 31st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
Wrong Tag

042viber12:

Wen did u apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
It's a response to:

@ abethatguy:

What does this mean?

abethatguy:

Really? How do you know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ify85: 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
[quote author=042viber12 post=73519597][/quote][color=#770077][/color]

Eligibility started same day with medical request, November 30. Meanwhile I applied since June 30

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abethatguy: 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2018
In addition to reviewing medicals, GCkey also says reviewing eligibility

I'm very lost, maybe they forgot to send medical request email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2018
Don’t be lost bro, review of eligibility is confirming if you are qualified for a visa to enter into Canada, Medicals is part of what they will review.you are right on track,you should get the medical request at most tomorrow. I believe words like being lost is supposed to be used by we June/July applicants stuck on background check �.
abethatguy:
In addition to reviewing medicals, GCkey also says reviewing eligibility

I'm very lost, maybe they forgot to send medical request email?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
If you go very early, you can do ur medicals even without any appointment, reason is cos not everybody that got appointment that day will come for medicals. As we all know, many people take appointment in advance even tho their medical mail hasnt dropped yet, so u can be lucky if you get there very early. One question plis, when did u apply for ur study Permit?
ify85:
Hello Nairalanders,

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.