Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,912 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (869232 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2019
please i want to know if i can use my bank statement that has 6.5m in it for degree of 2 years and no sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
For someone applying for student visa for Masters, can I submit only undergrad degree and exclude WAEC? I asked because I don't want to notarize much docs...I used two WAEC results to gain admission into university then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
princeadelek:
please i want to know if i can use my bank statement that has 6.5m in it for degree of 2 years and no sponsor

Nope...the standard your sponsor should have on your account is 10,000Cad or more...if u ain't using a sponsor, meaning u are sponsoring yourself..i will urge u to have a sponsor in other not to be denied with the reason, insufficient financial asset, applicant cannot afford to cater for himself while he is schooling, so don't see why he should be allowed into canada or wanting to come to Canada..which will lead to another reason of denial, purpose of visit, applicant will not come back after studies..etc...so pls have a sponsor who will have 10,000cad after paying your 1st year tuition fees..but u can have that 6.5mil..its okay..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
princekins:
For someone applying for student visa for Masters, can I submit only undergrad degree and exclude WAEC? I asked because I don't want to notarize much docs...I used two WAEC results to gain admission into university then.

If u really want this Canadian dream, u do Wat u have to do..submit the two waec and explain why u have two of them..waec is recognised outside Africa..so pls do the needful..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by pragya2017: 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hello all,

I want to ask if Queen's university is a good school for Masters program. Am new here so am just trying to read the posts.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
pragya2017:
Hello all,

I want to ask if Queen's university is a good school for Masters program. Am new here so am just trying to read the posts.

Thank you

No one can say...it's up to u to browse, research and decide.. another main tyn is their requirements for a masters..and fees..if there are okay to u..den it's your decision to make
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gbonetemi: 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hello,
I sent you an email. kindly respond. I was recently offered admission into RRU for Sept.2019, I need all the relevant information possible please.

ibeli0:
Praise God.. it has ended in praise application finally approved and POE letter just came in . brief profile
1st application
Course PGD global business Conestoga
Paper application
Submitted may 29 2017
Refused 15th Aug 2017
Sponsor 3rd party
Reason for refusal,lack of sufficient fund available SOA 2.2 m sponsor account fix deposits 100m

Second application
Course Masters in global management (MGM) international business , royal roads university Victoria BC
Submitted online on the 13th of September 2018
Medical request on the 12th of October couldn't do medical assessment until 29th of October
Updated 1st Nov then I no reply from CIC until i sent them a web mail, got response immediately and on the 15th November passport request came in ,finally POE letter arrived today 22nd November 2018
SOA
Naira account 12m
Dollar account 30k
Fix deposit 4m
Added 2 property documents valued by an estate surveyor
Family documents
Husband &kids as home tie
Submitted 2 CAC documents business and professional practice
Tax clearance for both companies
Leave letters
Letter of introduction from my partners
Affidavit of confirming purpose of visit by my hubby
Affidavit of return by me.
Children birth certificate
Copy of international passport.
Committed every thing to God in prayers prayed against any form of delay and denial and received the grace for speedy approval......and it came to pass to God be the glory!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2019
princekins:

Is the university asking for high school grades or WAEC for Masters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
I am talking about applying for Visa, the school is not asking for it.
Mofpearl:

Is the university asking for high school grades or WAEC for Masters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by georgesegun87: 6:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
Please house..I need a sample of sop for PGD in microbiology...
Kindly send it to georgesegun87@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2019
beejayphako:

Oga Frank, I need your advise on something sir
Thanks
How best can I reach you? Through email? Pls can I have it, thanks

Hi beejayphako,

How may I be of help to you Sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
makano:
Yes Boss.. had to take the wheel in ur absence with my fellow gurus... Nice to see you back. smiley

Thanks, I wish you success in all your endeavours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
042viber12:

I salute u Sir, it's not easy waiting but every is in God's miraculous hands now..

Not far from now. You will smile soon. Congratulations in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hello Good-people of this great thread. For awhile I have been pondering on some vital issues, and I will need your sagely inputs. I plan using my 2nd cousin who is based in Canada as my sponsor, and I have been observing from posted timelines that most persons get refused student visa because of have such ties abroad. How do I go about this?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
princekins:
Hi princekins,

You can exclude the WAEC result in view of the fact that its not a compulsory requirement for a Master's applicant. Many successful applicants have gotten their TRV without including one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2019
princekins:
Hello Good-people of this great thread. For awhile I have been pondering on some vital issues, and I will need your sagely inputs. I plan using my 2nd cousin who is based in Canada as my sponsor, and I have been observing from posted timelines that most persons get refused student visa because of have such ties abroad. How do I go about this?
Thanks

We have recorded a great deal of applicants who used their relatives abroad and their applications were successful. Hence, you shouldn't get worked up over it so long as you've sufficient ties to your home country that can compel your return back home after studies. Significant ties can include close family members who live in your home country that are not accompanying you, aged parents who are depending on you for support and care, current employment as well as good prospects for future employment in your country, your spouse and kids, ownership of an active business, and ownership of property or other assets in your home country. Lastly, provide documents to demonstrate strong proof of relationship between you and your cousin (birth certificates, family tree, intl passport bio data page etc..)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2019
princekins:
I am talking about applying for Visa, the school is not asking for it.
My bad. Missed that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by georgesegun87: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2019

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
georgesegun87:

Thanks

SOP is SOP...there's no particular SOP for a course of study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by johnsonsegxy: 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
vibrant99:
You are the winner!
Come and collect your cup!!!

What are you writing in a 3pages ?
what is an SOP to start with?
If people wrote 1 page of SOP and got VISA , why would anyone write a 3 page of SOP?
SOP means statement of purpose !
It has to do with why you want this visa, many people really dont know, they go saying all sort of frivolities and say the reason they want the VISA in just one LINE, but complete nonsense in 100 Lines.

You that have something to say, keep saying it, advise people to say plenty things , na you go read am for the Consular.

N.B___ Someone once sent me an SOP to review, it was 4 pages, ... I only read the first page, it was complete nonsense.

-My father is not always at home
-My mother was sick but she is better now
-My sister and my brother was schooling , now they stopped schooling so that i can travel because i am brilliant!
etc!!!

I once did a one page SOP, it took just 12days to get an Approval, it is not the long lines, it is the capturing, You need to capture who is reading.

For peace to rain i have modified my post

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christty(f): 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
please, I want to start my own application for masters degree program. I want to ask when is the application deadline of most of the schools and can I start now to resume when? please, No abusive words. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2019
Google for schools in Canada, from each schools website go to their graduate school and you will see details there. Their sites are easy to navigate through. Deadlines differ from school to school. You can apply for either fall 2019 or winter 2020, those are the available resumption terms for now. I hope this helps. Good luck

Christty:
please, I want to start my own application for masters degree program. I want to ask when is the application deadline of most of the schools and can I start now to resume when? please, No abusive words. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christty(f): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2019
Josh1996:
Google for schools in Canada, from each schools website go to their graduate school and you will see details there. Their sites are easy to navigate through. Deadlines differ from school to school. You can apply for either fall 2019 or winter 2020, those are the available resumption terms for now. I hope this helps. Good luck

OK, really appreciate it. Will do just that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dewhaley: 6:32am On Jan 25, 2019
Okattamgbee:

Writing any proficiency test such as IELTS is based on school's requirement. Some schools admin will tell you that if you are from English speaking country (country whose her official language is English), then you don't need it.

However, it boils down to schools and their respective requirements.
Okay thank you, now I have an idea

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by victorsol(m): 8:07am On Jan 25, 2019
Christty:

and also most schools deadine is by April or March depending on the school but if you have the requirement and you need funding which some schools or departments offer, then you must meet their soft deadline requirement to be enlisted but if you don't need fundinh from them, then you can go with their hard deadline. it depends on you sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Christty(f): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2019
victorsol:

and also most schools deadine is by April or March depending on the school but if you have the requirement and you need funding which some schools or departments offer, then you must meet their soft deadline requirement to be enlisted but if you don't need fundinh from them, then you can go with their hard deadline. it depends on you sha.
Thanks so much. This is more appreciated. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 8:40am On Jan 25, 2019
No, it wasn’t a requirement as at the time I applied. I’m sure because I sent a mail asking about this. It’s a new development in the department
JustMellow:

wow! See the tedious adventure. Did you fill in a name of prospect supervisor(even when you've not contacted any) when filling the online form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by victorsol(m): 8:46am On Jan 25, 2019
Christty:
Thanks so much. This is more appreciated. God bless you.
you are welcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by victorsol(m): 8:47am On Jan 25, 2019
Tvickie:
No, it wasn’t a requirement as at the time I applied. I’m sure because I sent a mail asking about this. It’s a new development in the department

pls which school and department is that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by doyin2me: 8:47am On Jan 25, 2019
Not yet.

emmy4Gold:
@ Doyin2me Have you been offered admission to MUN recently ....still waiting on them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nitrogen(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2019
Hi Guys,

Family application (study permit for myself, SOWP for wifey and TRV for my boy) on 28 Dec, upfront medical and Biometrics (on 31st).

Approval on Jan 22 for myself. Waiting for madam and my boy's approvals.

Question is, does it mean that until the primary applicant gets his passport stamped before other applications get approved or what?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 11:21am On Jan 25, 2019
This issue of attaching affidavit of return after specified year of study i hope it won't be a problem knowing fully well that 90% of us will not return?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.