Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (873605 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 10, 2019
Was the clinic in lagos?
Which one,if it is?
What things did U take along for the Medicals??
Determinedsoul:

Plz bro, how did you update your upfront medicals? I did paper app and I have my paper given to me from d clinic which am to submit. I have linked my app. Plz how do I update my medicals? Tnx sir.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sento1: 8:18am On Feb 10, 2019
cychristaa:
Finally I get to say my own!!

APPROVAL ALERT!!!!

I am so excited!

Online route
Submitted 6th of December 2018
Biometrics : 7th Dec
Medical request: 18th of January 2019
Medical done: 28th January 2019
Medical passed: 1st of February
Biometrics validity: 6th of February
PPR: 7th of February

Documents submitted
All cic docs
Proof of funds (my parents were my sponsors): SoA CAC docs, land docs...
Affidavit of sponsorship from my sponsor and Co-sponsor
Birth certificate
Waec certificate
BSc cert. & transcript (2018)
SOP
Admission letter

Didn't really see the point of the police certificate thingy, so I didn't do it.

I don't even know how to thank God that will be enough to express how grateful I am. I was getting crazy waiting grin. It even made it worse that I wasn't working so I was checking my portal like 3 times a day for some days grin grin

After I submitted, I was always worried about every little thing! Trust me when I say every LITTLE thing. But at a point; I don't really know when it happened, I finally had complete and utter faith (began to form my approval timeline in my head cheesy cheesy)

All in all, whether you feel your application is perfect or you feel you might have made a mistake some where; Trust that you have a living God. For those that genuinely wanted to study and had their visa delayed, just trust God completely that he has a plan and have the the best in mind for his children. At the end of the end of the day, it's not how far (or who got there the fastest) but how well.

Lemme stop ranting now ☺️

I really thank every single one of you (especially senatorkolade and frankrobbn1), because y'all definitely helped in one way or the other.

Congratulations dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nitrogen(m): 8:22am On Feb 10, 2019
Determinedsoul:

Plz bro, how did you update your upfront medicals? I did paper app and I have my paper given to me from d clinic which am to submit. I have linked my app. Plz how do I update my medicals? Tnx sir.

Boss, if you know your VO, just raise a CSE to the visa office in charge of your application, otherwise, use the general IRCC webform, and Ottawa will send it to the VO in charge of your application.

Dont forget to attach your medical sheet.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2019
1. You might want to add landed properties of either yours, your wife's own or her Dad's landed property. Reason is to strenghten her ties to Nigeria.

2. Sir. Let your wife get a study leave letter from her current place of work.

Happy Sunday to you all.
princeadelek:
My wife will be submitting her application on tuesday, Paper route for a program of 1 year and this are the following documents she will be submitting:
*Offer letter
*Waec result/Testimonial
*SOP
*Data page
*Wedding certificate including wedding picture
*Bank statement (mine has 6.5m in it and her dad (10m), including reference letter each from the bank)
*Letter of consent from me
*My employment letter
*Her dad's CAC
*A sponsorship letter with his company's letter head (that's my dad)
*My employment letter
*I and her Dad's data page
*My tax clearance
*Her employment letter
*Her office ID card

please what other documents is needed for her again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 9:18am On Feb 10, 2019
Amahjosh:
Yea thank you Naijaforeigner, am so grateful. I have the my CAC documents of my registered business and can get a documents from the company to show am a franchisee and maybe will get pictures of where we setup networks for clients mostly SMEs and also have my CCNA certification..And also have a landed property. This will go a long way right?

Yes it will bro. The landed property will show home ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Swtibogirl88: 9:43am On Feb 10, 2019
Hello house
Please I want to apply for diploma in disability social worker in Saskatchewan polytechnic. Reason being that I want to change career. Any suggestions on more affordable university that offers disability studies?
Can I use my treasury bill certificate as prove of fund or will I put the money in my acc?
Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Akpesman: 11:15am On Feb 10, 2019
Pls my place of previous employment did not give employment letter (I taught in a mission school), but I stated it in my Resume. What do I do in this case?
I have a landed I got from my family. What would be the documents to proof my ownership of the land?
I have been doing my own business but just registered as a company without a bank account yet. Apart from the CAC cert what are the documents to proof I have a company to run after my study?
Gurusbin the house pls help.

(2) Nothing will be a red flag once you can attach documents of what you have been doing. For everything you mention in your letter, can you show proofs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Akpesman: 11:20am On Feb 10, 2019
Pls my place of previous employment did not give employment letter (I taught in a mission school), but I stated it in my Resume. What do I do in this case?
I have a landed I got from my family. What would be the documents to proof my ownership of the land?
I have been doing my own business but just registered as a company without a bank account yet. Apart from the CAC cert what are the documents to proof I have a company to run after my study?
Gurusbin the house pls help.[color=#990000][/color]
Naijaforeigner:

Yes it will bro. The landed property will show home ties.

Naijaforeigner:

(1) I don't know the bank with the best rate because I am not in Nigeria at the moment.

(2) Nothing will be a red flag once you can attach documents of what you have been doing. For everything you mention in your letter, can you show proofs?

(3) Yes your Uncle can stand in as sponsor. Let him give you copies of his international passport, SOA, proof of business registration and he should write a letter of sponsorship on WHY he is sponsoring you to study in Canada. The story must be reasonable and convincing.

(4) Let your uncle make the tuition payment from his account.

(5) Yes affidavit will cover that.

To get a list of documents you need for your visa application is quite easy. Start from page 234, look for 3 people that recently shared their approval stories plus the list of all their documents and write out all the documents they submitted. When you are done comparing, you will have a list of everything you need.

Then you need prayers. God be with you bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nonipeter: 11:23am On Feb 10, 2019
Please frank is it a must you must pay part of your school fees to get visa, I got a university of Dalhousie in Canada only 200$ to reserve your seat and after they told me to apply for students permit, I am the only child of the family and my father have an housing property of 40 million naira and my parents is Still alive for to for home ties, and sponsors statement of account is28 million naira which is my uncle please advise me well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2019
To be frank I don't know the VO and haven't even used the webform before, would you mind directing me on how to use that?

Which medical sheet bro? I actually went to d clinic without anything except my passport. After the test I was given a sheet of paper from them which I got to the embassy and they were closed for that day, however I was told to hold the paper when they request for medical test I will can scan and send to the email add they will use in writing me. So is it the paper with me you are talkig of?
Tnx bro
BE a

nitrogen:

Boss, if you know your VO, just raise a CSE to the visa office in charge of your application, otherwise, use the general IRCC webform, and Ottawa will send it to the VO in charge of your application.

Dont forget to attach your medical sheet.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
Abuja.
IOM
PASSPORT AND CASH 41400 OR SO

Nuel182:
Was the clinic in lagos?
Which one,if it is?
What things did U take along for the Medicals??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
Good afternoon house, please this is my status online.... Does it mean the VO has commence on my application or not yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
nonipeter:
Please frank is it a must you must pay part of your school fees to get visa, I got a university of Dalhousie in Canada only 200$ to reserve your seat and after they told me to apply for students permit, I am the only child of the family and my father have an housing property of 40 million naira and my parents is Still alive for to for home ties, and sponsors statement of account is 28 million naira which is my uncle please advise me well

Hello NoniPeter,

Be guided that payment of tuition fees prior to visa application is not a prerequisite for a visa approval. Therefore, you're only expected to pay the required $200 as instructed by the school to secure your seat for the accepted term. Also, I would strongly advice that you show adequate proof of relationship with your uncle. By including documents such as : Uncle's birth certificate, international passport bio data page, marriage certificate of your mother and possibly a family tree. Furthermore, A cogent reason must suffice to why he is sponsoring you at this level and what he stands to gain as a result of this sponsorship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2019
Raymondrain:
Good afternoon house, please this is my status online.... Does it mean the VO has commence on my application or not yet.

Your application is undergoing a background check. The visa officer is matching the information you provided with their records, if you previously committed a crime, refused a visa, ordered to leave a country and if you are a threat to their security or on a wanted watch list and also confirming the authenticity of the bank statement you submitted with your application.

Be hopeful! It shall end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2019
Thank you.... I have been refused before though and I declared my refusal on the application form.... Hope it won't have any negative effect on my application?
Frankrobbn1:

Your application is undergoing a background check. The visa officer is matching the information you provided with their records, if you previously committed a crime, refused a visa, ordered to leave a country and if you are a threat to their security or on a wanted watch list and also confirming the authenticity of the bank statement you submitted with your application.

Be hopeful! It shall end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2019
cychristaa:

APPROVAL ALERT!!!!

I am so excited!

Online route

Documents submitted
All cic docs
Birth certificate
Waec certificate
SOP
Admission letter

Didn't really see the point of the police certificate thingy, so I didn't do it.

I don't even know how to thank God that will be enough to express how grateful I am. I was getting crazy waiting grin. It even made it worse that I wasn't working so I was checking my portal like 3 times a day for some days grin grin

After I submitted, I was always worried about every little thing! Trust me when I say every LITTLE thing. But at a point; I don't really know when it happened, I finally had complete and utter faith (began to form my approval timeline in my head cheesy cheesy)

All in all, whether you feel your application is perfect or you feel you might have made a mistake some where; Trust that you have a living God. For those that genuinely wanted to study and had their visa delayed, just trust God completely that he has a plan and have the the best in mind for his children. At the end of the end of the day, it's not how far (or who got there the fastest) but how well.

I really thank every single one of you (especially senatorkolade and frankrobbn1), because y'all definitely helped in one way or the other.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU cychristaa, I am happy to be part of your TRV crowning achievement. I wish you the very best as you enroute to Canada for your studies.

To the hopefuls never give up. It shall end in praises!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2019
Raymondrain:
Thank you.... I have been refused before though and I declared my refusal on the application form.... Hope it won't have any negative effect on my application?

It doesn't have a negative effect on your current application once you declared your previous refusal. The visa officer will check if your present situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information in the current application that meets the Acts and legislative requirements for issuance of a study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obabori1: 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2019
Good Day Sir. Sure your day is going well. Please Sir, attached to this is an excerpt from my gcms stating the reasons why I was refused visa. Can you help me with what exactly I should do next? Thank you very much Sir.
Frankrobbn1:

Travel history is not a factual reason for a Canadian study visa refusal. Hence, you don't need to travel out from your home country before you can get your application approved. if you have not travelled before, you can simply tell the Visa officer in your SOP that you don't like traveling. You only want to travel now because of how important this BSc/MSc/PhD is to your career back home with a lot of outstanding openings in front Or you can say your busy work schedule doesn't allow you to travel.

To convince the officer that you're a bona-fide applicant and will leave after your study period, you must prove that you have sufficient ties to your home country that will motivate you to return to your home country at the end of your authorized stay. You must also prove that you will abide by the terms and conditions on your study permit as an international student.

A well written SOP/LOE as the case maybe must suffice stating the reason why you choose to undertake your proposed program in Canada rather than your home country, Nigeria. The lucrativeness of such program in your home country. What you intend to achieve in a short-term and long-term basis. The difference you could make when you return to your country e.g setting up a company of your own and creating wide range of employment opportunities for your country men etc...

* Proof of properties located in your country of residence preferably in your name(or parent's name that you're directly heir to). This assets could be land, house or a registered business etc..

* Proof that your immediate family members (aged parents, siblings, spouse and kids) are in Nigeria and aren't accompanying you to Canada, would also be a strong reason for you to go back home when you have finished your studies.

* Financial obligations and moral responsibilities which falls on you such as leadership role, military, community, church and family that you must return to continue active participation and attending meetings. (A letter from any of these bodies would help).

Also remember to order your gcms note as this will give us a clearer picture on what went wrong with your previous refused application.

I hope the information provided is adequate to what you seek. Feel free to reach out here if you face any difficulty along the way.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maestro001: 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2019
cychristaa:

APPROVAL ALERT!!!!

I am so excited!

Online route

Documents submitted
All cic docs
Birth certificate
Waec certificate
SOP
Admission letter

Congrats bro,if I may ask...how much was your parents’ SOA and what are you going for (MASTERS OR DIPLOMA)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maestro001: 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2019
Asapant:
Maestro. You must be talking about cruzAJ back in 2015/16 I guess. He studied physics and opted for welding.
Yes of course;he’s my best friend from my childhood days ....we spoke just few hours ago.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mykaelolalekan: 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2019
Good evening house! I really don't know how to go about my SOP. I have an msc in risk management and insurance and an MBA from Nigeria Universities. I have applied to study msc in economics in canada based on my first degree certificate but I was offered a postgraduate diploma for a term to progress to master on the condition that I make a B+ in the 3 courses I will be taking during the one term in the diploma program .
Please how will I convince the VO that i am making progress in my academic path and to prove that I will make B+ as the condition stated on my offer letter.

Please I want anyone that has been in this situation or has superior experience to advise on writing a convincing SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kristlike: 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It doesn't have a negative effect on your current application once you declared your previous refusal. The visa officer will check if your present situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information in the current application that meets the Acts and legislative requirements for issuance of a study permit.
Good evening bro. I must really commend you for your relentless effort in responding to all comments here. you're doing a great job!
pls,I only have one question which is considered to be very vital in my decision of studying in Canada.
pls I will like to ask, do you think I need to present proof/evidence of finance at Nigeria embassy even after getting a Graduate Assistant job for my Msc in Canada? This question is important pls.,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kevweolomu: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please, I need a sample of a sponsorship declaration asap. Please, can anyone with a copy help me out pleaseeeeeee?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 8:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
Check the very fist page on the thread. You'll see it there
Kevweolomu:
Hello everyone,

Please, I need a sample of a sponsorship declaration asap. Please, can anyone with a copy help me out pleaseeeeeee?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kevweolomu: 8:29pm On Feb 10, 2019
Thank you very much. I have seen it. Thanks

Asapant:
Check the very first page on the thread. You'll see it there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 10, 2019
cychristaa:
Anyone going to U of M this summer or already there? Let's link up!
I will be coming this fall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
You're always welcome
Kevweolomu:
Thank you very much. I have seen it. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Helenaira(f): 12:29am On Feb 11, 2019
nitrogen:

Just to complete the story.

Family application on Dec 28, biometrics on Dec 31, upfront medical for us on Jan 2, then we updated our application with copies of the medical sheets.

Approvals for myself on Jan 22, my madam, Feb 5 and my boy Feb 9.

Programme - MBA (I think number one business school in Canada, am not too sure sha)

Documents submitted include birth certificates, educational certificates, my employment letters, proof of funds documents, no sponsor, letter of explanation for myself as the main applicant (2 pages), another for my wife (just 1 page), ties to home country (land documents, my rented apartment in Lagos, car docs, etc.), admission docs, CIC forms, etc.

God is great, He will complete the work He has just started.

As for those expecting goodies from CIC, just hang in there, yours is very much close.

On to the next one!

congrats on ur approval. Pls I need a clarification from you as regards the highlighted above because I am in a similar situation like this. Pls can I send u a mail?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Swtibogirl88: 6:13am On Feb 11, 2019
Hello people. I'm waiting pls
Swtibogirl88:
Hello house
Please I want to apply for diploma in disability social worker in Saskatchewan polytechnic. Reason being that I want to change career. Any suggestions on more affordable university that offers disability studies?
Can I use my treasury bill certificate as prove of fund or will I put the money in my acc?
Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Athena98: 7:38am On Feb 11, 2019
Good morning house, I've gone through posts in this forum for couple of times when I got confused with application process. Ive been to the US embassy twice for f1 visa and I've been denied. Now I'm thinking of applying to a school in canada as an undergrad.i have lots of issues that I think might hinder me but I feel this is the best place to share things like this as there are gurus in the house. I don't have a sponsor,i don't have means of paying tuition as I'll have to work or get loans.those are the main problems I have. Please house If anyone can guide me on what to do I'll be really glad.starting from schools to apply to then visa processing .i am in for correction and guidance.thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hollushola(m): 9:20am On Feb 11, 2019
cychristaa:

Nope I didn't because I don't have any employment history.

so how do you treat the gap between your graduation year and now since you never have an employment history
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cychristaa: 9:44am On Feb 11, 2019
Maestro001:

Congrats bro,if I may ask...how much was your parents’ SOA and what are you going for (MASTERS OR DIPLOMA)

About 18m. They had another dependant though.
Masters

P. S I'm a female smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.