Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (867402 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
dedecoder:
Approval Alert!!!

And that is how I finally get to share my own testimony. It's been the Lord's doing and no doubt, marvelously marvelous in my sight grin

Timeline

Applied December 12 2018 after being refused October 1 last year.
Medical Request: February 7
Medicals Done: February 20
Biometric Validity: March 22
Passport Request: Just Now
School: Centennial College, Toronto
Course: Biotechnology

Reason for first Refusal: Purpose of visit

So, who says college applicants don't get approval? Of course, I have always known that the notion is far from the truth. The difficulty or ease lies on "times and chances" just like with any other application.

Should any college applicant have a query or clarification, I shall be more than willing to supply answer.

Congratulations on your approval!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ladybeemii: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hello. Please can I send you an email? Just want to clarify something. @ dedecorder
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by umulobi: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hii,

Any one going to McGill University?

Can we be room mates?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2019
Congrats bro. And thanks for pointing out the bolded cos I remembered someone arguing with me some months back that anything more than 2 pages of SOP will turn the VO off.. That they dont like too much stories saying it bores them.. So am happy u just pointed that out. For those about to apply, make sure you write all what to convince the VO that u are really a genuine student that is going to Canada to study, even if ur explanation will take 20 pages, write and submit it. It does and wont affect ur application in any way.. Peace
dedecoder:
Thanks! Well, It's God. I submitted almost the same set of documents as first with JUST the addition of a Letter of Explanation. 7-page SOP; 5-Page LOE, all making 12 pages.

I'm intentionally giving the number of pages I wrote to make a point which is: the number of pages is not the first thing to think about while writing visa SOP/LOE but whether you have successfully explained all grey areas or not and whether what you are writing makes sense or not.

But then, you don't have to follow my example in your write-up. As an author, I just felt embarrassed to be told "I am not satisfied that you will... Based on the purpose of your visit." So, I spent about two weeks crafting the response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TDultimate(m): 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
that's the problem I have with that school, they takes ages to reply emails or take calls self
Did U pay with flywire or from a bank?
Yes I paid through flywire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
So there were 3 Approvals on a Saturday? Interesting..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hii,

Any one going to McGill University?

Hi, were you able to get funding for McGill?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
Are you also going to McGill?
If yes, what program?
umulobi:

Can we be room mates?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hey,
My program falls under the school of management (similar to an MBA or a Masters in Analytics) and they don’t give “funding” to programs under this cartegory. It’s also not a thesis based program.
I however got a scholarship that covers part of my tuition.

Naijaforeigner:

Hi, were you able to get funding for McGill?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2019
Have you already applied for your TRV?
If yes, can you please share your timeline with us?

umulobi:
Do I need to do a police report if I apply via online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
Emmaokudu:
Good day Frank,

I am applying via the online route, do I still need to upload birth certificate of my family members, if yes but it's not available, what should I upload in its place, international passport data page or age declaration .

It's not mandatory that you must include the Birth Certificates of your family members. Their international passport bio date pages or age declaration can substitute for the birth certificates.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2019
Please I need your help on study permit in Canada.I know you've answered a lot of questions but I have some personal questions from you.What if an applicant does not have a job.

His sponsor has a job with landing property and he has landing property too with an average SOA of 3m for the applicant,He's also ready to pay part of his tuition before applying for study permit.

Any advise ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2019
peruz:
Please I need your help on study permit in Canada.I know you've answered a lot of questions but I have some personal questions from you.What if an applicant does not have a job.

His sponsor has a job with landing property and he has landing property too with an average SOA of 3m for the applicant,He's also ready to pay part of his tuition before applying for study permit.

Any advise ?

The visa officer will like you to satisfy them that you're gainfully employed in your home country and that the prospects of getting a job when you lose your current one is considerably high. This satisfies the visa officer that you won’t leave your job when you travel to Canada. On the contrary, if you're a fresh graduate, being unemployed as at the time of your application won't affect your application. You can get a letter from an establishment stating that you're presently volunteering (non-paid) at the firm.

The applicant has to look for a school in Canada that fits his area of specialization this will determine his cost of studies in Canada. Also, bear in mind that the sponsor will also set aside 10,000$CAD for the applicant's first year living expenses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

The visa officer will like you to satisfy them that you're gainfully employed in your home country and that the prospects of getting a job when you lose your current one is considerably high. This satisfies the visa officer that you won’t leave your job when you travel to Canada. On the contrary, if you're a fresh graduate, being unemployed as at the time of your application won't affect your application. You can get a letter from an establishment stating that you're presently volunteering (non-paid) at the firm.

The applicant has to look for a school in Canada that fits his area of specialization this will determine his cost of studies in Canada. Also, bear in mind that the sponsor will also set aside 10,000$CAD for the applicant's first year living expenses.
Thanks so much ....I agreed to your point,The applicant finished NYSC in 2017 and has not gotten a job since then,but inherited fund from his late is how he want to sponsor himself .Can I reach you via e-mail directly for proper guideline.It will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
peruz:
Thanks so much ....I agreed to your point,The applicant finished NYSC in 2017 and has not gotten a job since then,but inherited fund from his late is how he want to sponsor himself .Can I reach you via e-mail directly for proper guideline.It will be appreciated.

Applicant will have to demonstrate what he has been doing since after his NYSC till date. Volunteering at the moment while making plans for his studies abroad (it's justifiable). Having said that, he must provide adequate evidence that he inherited the funds in his account from his late family member. This proof can be documented with the aid of a family lawyer by presenting the deceased written and signed will before he/she departed from this life.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
DMerciful:
PM me or drop your contact, I will reach you
Kindly reach me please charlesdedon at gmail dot com
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Applicant will have to demonstrate what he has been doing since after his NYSC till date. Volunteering at the moment while making plans for his studies abroad (it's justifiable). Having said that, he must provide adequate evidence that he inherited the funds in his account from his late family member. This proof can be documented with the aid of a family lawyer by presenting the deceased written and signed will before he/she departed from this life.
Thanks.No response to direct contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I have so much to ask you about but I will be glad for direct contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
Congratulations @ DMerciful and Dedecoder on your TRV approvals.

As for those that were rejected, don't waste time quickly order for your GCMS notes, seek counsel here if you have any concerns, gather relevant documents that will be helpful in your next application, restrategize by putting up a persuasive LOE/SOP, Get a knowledgeable person here to vet the letter and make corrections where applicable and At the end,....... Hand everything over to God because it can only be him. To those that have applied and are awaiting response from IRCC, your turn to share your success story is not far from now.

It shall end in praises for everyone here.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2019
peruz:
I have so much to ask you about but I will be glad for direct contact

I saw your PM with others, please give me some time to get in touch with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2019
Was is study permit or visitor's visa that you applied for your kids?
DMerciful:
I uploaded my international passport biopage only . For my children, I included their birth certificates as evidence for their ages. 3 of them grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
I have not applied for my kids yet but I included their ages in my letter of explanation hence including their birth certificates as proof. I will apply visitors visa for them while my spouse will be open work permit
MsJu:
Was is study permit or visitor's visa that you applied for your kids?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hi, good evening everyone. Quick question please. Are there current or prospective CAMBRIAN COLLEGE students here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wolex2090: 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Sir,i would like you to shed more light on the fact waec may not be necessary,am a graduate of agric economics..I have a 2:2 (2.7)do you think the waec won't be necessary because I can see I have to go through WES for evaluation,do you think if I do WES evaluation is not compulsory I attached waec?I would like to see how the folks go about it if you have the link.

Please,suggest short program I can apply for that you think I may be approved,which does not require academics.. thanks so much God bless.

Are you currently seeking for an undergraduate admission into a Canadian institution? WAEC is a compulsory requirement for your admittance into the university. Assuming you're a heading for a post graduate studies in Canada, WAEC is not a compulsory requirement for visa application, as I have seen folks that didn't include one with their application and were approved.

I hope this answers your question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks brother, you are such a nice soul. Believe and expect something great soon!

Frankrobbn1:

As for those that were rejected, don't waste time quickly order for your GCMS notes, seek counsel here if you have any concerns, gather relevant documents that will be helpful in your next application, restrategize by putting up a persuasive LOE/SOP, Get a knowledgeable person here to vet the letter and make corrections where applicable and At the end,....... Hand everything over to God because it can only be him. To those that have applied and are awaiting response from IRCC, your turn to share your success story is not far from now.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
Aptly said. Thanks @Makano. I pray your expectation regarding the TRV will turn into manifestation soon. Everything that might be responsible for the delay is hereby removed. In this month we're about to enter into, you will hear a positive update. I don't know how it will happen but i'm believing God on your behalf. Like you'll always say, I repeat it to you PEACE. Amen!

makano:
Congrats bro. And thanks for pointing out the bolded cos I remembered someone arguing with me some months back that anything more than 2 pages of SOP will turn the VO off.. That they dont like too much stories saying it bores them.. So am happy u just pointed that out. For those about to apply, make sure you write all what to convince the VO that u are really a genuine student that is going to Canada to study, even if ur explanation will take 20 pages, write and submit it. It does and wont affect ur application in any way.. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2019
Super thanks
Frankrobbn1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Breezy90(m): 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hey,
My program falls under the school of management (similar to an MBA or a Masters in Analytics) and they don’t give “funding” to programs under this cartegory. It’s also not a thesis based program.
I however got a scholarship that covers part of my tuition.

Hello,Please how did you get the funding (scholarship) for the said program please fill me in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
I was considered for it alongside my application.

Breezy90:
Hello,Please how did you get the funding (scholarship) for the said program please fill me in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geofortress: 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2019
Good day my people here.....
Please I have a question begging for answer and clarifications....
If a supervisor agree to be your supervisor for a thesis based msc and told you to "put in a formal application and saying he is looking forward to review your application" what is the chance of the person being admmited with or without funding or being deny admission... Having meeting the minimum admission requirement for Nigeria..e.g strong 2.1 degree.

Anybody for clarification please..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2019
Dmerciful & dedecoder Success is yours always on the new ventures you take every now and then. We congratulate both of you on this wonderful moment of success.
Bless up!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks, much appreciated
Austacus:
Dmerciful & dedecoder Success is yours always on the new ventures you take every now and then. We congratulate both of you on this wonderful moment of success.
Bless up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.