Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862666 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by trishaben: 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2019
Qudkom:

Let me be the first to congratulate you. Wish you all the best in Canada.
Thank you �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ayomiposi2020:
Dear Nairalander,

I will like your advise on my application, here is my profile:

Early last year I gained admission into cenetennial college, program: Food science technology Fast-Track (It is a 2year program) In May 2018, I applied for student visa and I was denied June 4th 2018. Reason for denial; Purpose of Visit, Current employment status and Personal assets and financial Status. As at then I was a corper and therefore was serving as a teacher in a government school. I showed evidence that I was serving so I guess it was a red flag cos getting the visa meant I will ignore my Nysc and travel.

Anyways I decided to complete my NySC before applying. So in November I completed my Nysc, I traveled to London, returned in November, traveled to France in January, returned in Feburary. However after my service, I decided to work in my Dad's company as a project manager since I couldnt seem to secure a job as a food technologist in Nigeria, whilst working with him, i realised I actually liked working as a project manager and I will like to be certified in Management and I can even take over from him when he retires.

And so I wrote to the school and Change my program from Food science to Global business management(Please bear in mind that My BSC is in Genetics and Biotech which is related to food science but not related to Global business management). Now I want to reapply for the visa,
do you me changing my course will negatively affect the outcome?,
also I have heard that the embassy dose not regard admission from colleges how true is this? Because my course is a PostGraduate Certificate program.
ALso in reapplying , what do I say in response to the VO's conclusion? do I reply the denial letter and also submit a statment of purpose letter? or are they one and the same?
Thanks awaiting your response

Your application can be simple and yet complicated if you aren't careful. This is my advice:
1. You didn't order your GCM note to get a detailed reason for your denial.
2. Working for your dad is a perfect proof of hometies. You have to ensure your dad specifically state in the letter og sponsor that he wants you to take over and add innovative ideas to his company. If you are the first child then that's a plus.
3. Since there isn't much correlation between your BSc. And global business management I will suggest that you compose a well detailed SOP. You can state how your father wants to dwell into exporting agricultural produce and will need someone to head the product testing before exporting and all and since you have a bsc degree in a familiar field you'd will be heading it (please this is just an example to prove a correlation between your work experience in your dad's company and the academic program). Lastly, to defend your change in program you can state that since you started working for your dad you've been planning on taking his business beyond the shores of Nigeria and a "Global business program" will give you an edge.

I hope you get it right this time, but I believe if you follow a carefully laid out blueprint from the letter of sponsor to SOP and all then your visa will be approved. Disregard the whole college thing. Package your application well and success will be yours!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omarzx: 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
@trishaben congratulations dear. I am so happy for you.
Congratulations to everyone that got their approvals. It strengthens my faith

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gig1005: 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hello house, please i need advice as my wife application was declined last month. I have been following this thread silently.

After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the IRPA and IRPR. I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of visit.

She apply with our two kids as she going for her PhD program and I already paid one-year tuition fee to the school, and I already make the fund needed in her account and the kids account because I have been running the kids account since they are little.

DOCUMENT SUBMITTED

ADMISSION DOCUMENT FROM SCHOOL
RECEIPT OF 1 YEAR TUITION FEE PAID
MY HUSBAND COMPANY CERT, SHOWING MY WIFE AS ONE OF THE DIRECTORS.
MY WIFE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT OF 10M BAL AND MY SON ACCT SHOWING 10M BAL AS WELL
CV.
SCHOOL CERT
SOP
POLICE CERT
AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP
SPONSOR LETTER
CONSENT LETTER
KIDS PASSPORT AND
BIRTH CERTI
MARRIAGE CERTI
HUSBAND PROPERTY DOCUMENT
HUSBAND BANK STATEMENT

Please I need advise on how to convince the VO. AND WHAT DOC DO YOU THINK I NEED TO SHOW IF AM TO PROOF THEM WRONG THAT I WILL COME BACK

I will really appreciate ur help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
Firstly I'm a man. I did not include wifey and kids now so they serve as home ties. Will apply for them when I get there like after a month.
lynniebabes:
Hi dmerciful did you include your hubby as your dependent during your visa application. Or will you apply for him now you have your visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
trishaben:
APPROVAL ALERT!!! God has been faithful to me .
Silent reader here, but this thread has really been helpful.

App submitted: Feb 22
Route: Paper (Ghana)
Biometrics: Feb 22
Eligibility review: March 5th
Medical Request : March 5th
Medical Done: March 7th
Medical Passed: March 15th
Validity of biometrics: March 25th
APPROVAL: March 25th

Conestoga  College
FALL 2019
Pgd Enhanced Nursing practice

My little piece of advice . Pray , package your application well, do not leave anything out especially if you talked about it in your SOP and please read through the previous threads before asking a question that has already been answered. Or simply google a key word and type Nairaland at the end of it, some threads with same words would pop up . You can also check the first page of each thread, there’s a simpler way to search for things on the thread.Put in some effort and research online about the schools and their programs and admission policies .

Congrats
God will make this the beginning of your successes.
More approvals to all of us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
Which school pls
2roodi:

May 6th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
Yay!!! Congratulations to you .... So happy that I've been seeing approvals... Mine is around the corner in Jesus name.
trishaben:

Conestoga  College
FALL 2019

My little piece of advice . Pray , package your application well, do not leave anything out especially if you talked about it in your SOP and please read through the previous threads before asking a question that has already been answered. Or simply google a key word and type Nairaland at the end of it, some threads with same words would pop up . You can also check the first page of each thread, there’s a simpler way to search for things on the thread.Put in some effort and research online about the schools and their programs and admission policies .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayomiposi2020: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
[quote author=Qudkom post=76979373]

Dear Qudkom

Thanks so much for your reply, it is very helpfull. God bless you richly.
Please what is gcms notes and how can I get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by opeyusuf: 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
makano:
Mr Man she has done that, read through before u come here and command someone to share her own experience. And also to help people like u that are about applying, I will advise u put in some work and read through this thread from page 1 to this present page. After doing so u would have acquired so much knowledge of this Canada study permit application. Peace

i guess my message wasn't referring to u so i dont know why u should awkward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DunnyGee: 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
trishaben:

Conestoga  College
FALL 2019

Yay! Congrats to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AlFath(m): 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
DMerciful post=76914607]Approval alert!!!
To God be the glory

Online application - Feb 5
Biometrics - N/A (did biometrics in 2017 for visiting purpose , not successful)
Background and eligibility -Feb 6
Medical request - Feb 22
Medicals done - Mar 4
Medicals passed -Mar 8
Biometrics validity mail - Mar 22
Approval mail - Mar 23

To God be the glory.
God will also do others in line, I pray for you also!
Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
[quote author=Ayomiposi2020 post=76981032][/quote]
It's a note that shows a comprehensive detail of what transpired regarding your application and the reasons why your application wasn't approved. It enables you understand how to go about your next application. I don't know any specific website to order the notes but you can make use of google or perhaps someone can be kind enough to share a link.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cappymayor: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
trishaben:

Conestoga  College
FALL 2019

Congratulations.... that means their is a hope for all other individuals who are looking to apply into college,regardless if its college or university,its all about picking a progressive program and in a similar Field as well.
I will graduate from a university in Moscow in 3 months, i'm planning to apply from Russia later this year and i know i will testify positively .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AlFath(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
Sorry for that. Congratulations!
I also intend to go for college stuff. I was offered admission since December 2018 but the course I applied for is different from what I am doing presently, I'm a teacher. Moreso, I haven't seen anybody talk about the school;

Selkirk College, Caslegar, BC. PGD in Bus Mgt. Please gurus in the house advice me. I have a masters degree and B.Ed in Edu Adm already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omarzx: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
Please hope all is well with mine. I just linked my paper application and this is what I saw.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
SOP is Statement Of Purpose. Its a document you use to sell ursef to the VOs cos Canadian embassy do not conduct interviews like the USA, SO SOP is a document you address to the VO convincing them that you are a genuine student that is really going to Canada to study. There are some guidelines in writing an SOP which are.
1. Ur background(Family, academic backgroud e.t.c)
2. Why u chose the course u wanna study.
3.Why the school of choice
4. Why Canada
5.Talk extensively on ur financies, how much u have and also ur sponsor. How much ur sponsor is ready to put down for ur study all through ur stay in Canada.. Just make sure you convince them that you have enough to cater for ursef in Canada.
6. How the course you chose will impact ur home country after the end of ur study in Canada. and some other points I cant remember now. But what I have mentioned are the major points u will need to work on to convince the VO. Hope this helps.. Peace
Gunit87:
Please what's the difference between SOP and Study plan?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Damlovey(f): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
Good evening guys. I was finally able to link my application online this evening thanks to you guys. Submitted 23 of Jan 2019, upon checking my progress
Review of Eligibility: application in progress we will send you a messge when we start reviewing your eligibility
view of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help -
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. I’m meant to resume next month to study health administration at st Lawrence college. I have been rejected before on a family visitor visa but I didn’t include that in my SOP. Please what should I do? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2019
Do Iu have the Visa application number?use that to link ur application if u have it.had d same issue
Omarzx:
Please hope all is well with mine. I just linked my paper application and this is what I saw.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olaola17: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
Thank you so much for this. Would it be ok if i refer to him as a grand uncle considering that we do not bare the same surname or any other idea of how to connect the relationship?

Thank you for the sincere response. I hope to get more please,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
Congratulations....This is super fast!
trishaben:

Conestoga  College
FALL 2019

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2019
Congrats Sis/Bro.. I actually love the way you ended ur post. So this is to you newbies that dnt wanna put in work to read up this thread from the first page but want info on a platter of Gold here.. She read all through the thread and now she has her testimony.. I don dey talk this thing tey tey, if you are a newbie go to the first page of this thread and read up to get first hand info about this study permit application and when u dnt see anything that relates to what you want(which I doubt), then u can come up here and ask ur questions so that ur questions can be answered by the gurus.This person actually did the right thing and now he/she has gotten his/her Visa. If I personally see anybody here asking repeated questions that have been answered several times, I will personally come for the person.. Its testimonies of approvals we wanna be seeing here and not simple and repeated questions. Peace
trishaben:

Conestoga  College
FALL 2019

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
Cappymayor:

Congratulations.... that means their is a hope for all other individuals who are looking to apply into college,regardless if its college or university,its all about picking a progressive program and in a similar Field as well.
I will graduate from a university in Moscow in 3 months, i'm planning to apply from Russia later this year and i know i will testify positively .

To be honest, it doesn’t necessarily have to be a similar field, mine isn’t. I feel, as long as you have a good enough reason as to why you’re making the change, that’s okay. That’s what I think though

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
trishaben:

Conestoga  College
FALL 2019

Congratulations on your approval!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
Thanks
AlFath:
DMerciful post=76914607]Approval alert!!!
To God be the glory

Online application - Feb 5
Biometrics - N/A (did biometrics in 2017 for visiting purpose , not successful)
Background and eligibility -Feb 6
Medical request - Feb 22
Medicals done - Mar 4
Medicals passed -Mar 8
Biometrics validity mail - Mar 22
Approval mail - Mar 23

To God be the glory.
God will also do others in line, I pray for you also!
Congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
I put LOE explaining my finance, my previous academics, my career and my family. I did not explain why I chose the school or why Canada! They know their country is good so I don't need to patronize(scope) them!
makano:
SOP is Statement Of Purpose. Its a document you use to sell ursef to the VOs cos Canadian embassy do not conduct interviews like the USA, SO SOP is a document you address to the VO convincing them that you are a genuine student that is really going to Canada to study. There are some guidelines in writing an SOP which are.
1. Ur background(Family, academic backgroud e.t.c)
2. Why u chose the course u wanna study.
3.Why the school of choice
4. Why Canada
5.Talk extensively on ur financies, how much u have and also ur sponsor. How much ur sponsor is ready to put down for ur study all through ur stay in Canada.. Just make sure you convince them that you have enough to cater for ursef in Canada.
6. How the course you chose will impact ur home country after the end of ur study in Canada. and some other points I cant remember now. But what I have mentioned are the major points u will need to work on to convince the VO. Hope this helps.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
Bros just thank God u got ur TRV and move on.. At least we have seen somebody that didnt write either SOP or LOE and still got her Visa.. What worked for you may not work for others, dnt misguide anyone here so they can do what is expected of them... Peace
DMerciful:
I put LOE explaining my finance, my previous academics, my career and my family. I did not explain why I chose the school or why Canada! They know their country is good so I don't need to patronize(scope) them!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
Well, no intention to misguide! Sometimes too much writing exposes certain contradictions.
makano:
Bros just thank God u got ur TRV and move on.. At least we have seen somebody that didnt write either SOP or LOE and still got her Visa.. What worked for you may not work for others, dnt misguide anyone here so they can do what is expected of them... Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
Good news everywhere,God abeg bless me when I reapply ooo
How long does Gcms note take to arrive abeg?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
So what will you say about someone that got his visa of recent that wrote a 7 page SOP.. Like I said earlier, just thank God uve gotten ur Visa and move on.
DMerciful:
Well, no intention to misguide! Sometimes too much writing exposes certain contradictions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
It's well
makano:
So what will you say about someone that got hhis visa of recent that wrote a 7 page SOP.. Like I said earlier, just thnak God uve gotten ur Visa and move on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
Gunit87:
Thanks Frank. One more question is SOP and Study plan same? In my checklist from here (Abu Dhabi) its states I should include study plan

It's same letter with different titles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.