Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866312 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 27, 2019
Mudicua:
I am in your shoes. I just received my GCMS notes, and it does not say anything other than in progress. I am trying to understand the codes and what they mean though.

In the same shoes as u..Pls wen did u apply for the GCMS note and wen did get the notes...applied since 1st week of March...still nothing...

On the bolded, ARE YOU F** KIDDING ME!, they should better have a better explanation than that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
Asapant:
Good Morning everyone. I want to ask an important question. I recently ended my service year NYSC the week before last week. (13 days ago).

However, Our nysc certificate shows service yr stated April /19/ 2018 and ended April /18/ 2019. Meanwhile I plan to submit my application before April 19th. Among the list of documents I want to submit is my nysc certificate.

Hope I won't have any issue concerning the date on my nysc cert. Also what do I imput in current employment as I just finished my service 13 days ago and currently not employed ?

Kindly respond to me all. Thank you.

The discrepancies in the dates won't warrant any harm. Usually, formal engagement suppose to end on the eve prior to the day the engagement was signed.

As for your work experience/current emp, input the start - end date as shown in your dispatched certificate and NYSC should be the title of your employer. You can also include your experience at your PPA(can also serve as a voluntary employment/work exp) if you have the relevant document(letter) to show as evidence
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sonofakin: 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2019
Good afternoon everyone and kudos to everybody for keeping this thread meaningful and helpful. I have been a silent reader on this thread since January when I applied to the University of Manitoba. I just got an offer of admission for a Masters degree September 2019 entry yesterday and have started putting my documents together for study permit.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 12:40pm On Mar 27, 2019
I ordered the notes in february. I think 23rd or so. It usually takes about 30 to 35 days to get feedback. At least for the link i used. i do not know which one you used.
And yes I am serious... No notes. Just says status in progress, and then the whole 43 pages just contains all these codes and the likes.
042viber12:

In the same shoes as u..Pls wen did u apply for the GCMS note and wen did get the notes...applied since 1st week of March...still nothing...

On the bolded, ARE YOU F** KIDDING ME!, they should better have a better explanation than that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
Mudicua:
I ordered the notes in february. I think 23rd or so. It usually takes about 30 to 35 days to get feedback. At least for the link i used. i do not know which one you used.
And yes I am serious... No notes. Just says status in progress, and then the whole 43 pages just contains all these codes and the likes.

I used https://atip-aiprp dot apps dot gc dot ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
Mudicua:

Wat did u use
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. We can both work towards getting the info from people who have already shared their timeline...

hardeholar1:
Weldone here, your effort on this is highly appreciated
But just a suggestion can a section of the term you intend to resume be added to the data you are collecting
Because I observe most that have been approved have been processed within two month
My is September 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2019
Alright. Thank you so much Just mellow and viber. I do appreciate Bosses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2019
My resumption is May 2019
sillysassysally:
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. We can both work towards getting the info from people who have already shared their timeline...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by oluayebenz: 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
Anyone travelling next month on April 21 via Egypt air?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Samolala2019: 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
Online application

Application Date: March 7, 2019
Bio-metric request Letter: March 8, 2019 (though i did not receive the email alert until when i checked my CIC portal on March 18)
Bio-metric done on March 20, 2019

sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 26/03/2019

Congratulations to all those who got their approvals this month!

We now have a sample of 18 hopefuls. Please i would encourage those that have applied this year to please share their timeline (which should include; the application date, application route, biometrics request date, date biometrics was done, medical request date, date medicals was done, date medicals was passed, and the current status). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

We have made attempts to "calculate" processing times. (Please note that this is just an average based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average). As we get more samples, I want to believe our calculations would be more "accurate".

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data, please share with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Questionner: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
sillysassysally:

Hello @sillysassysally Mine is September 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ajibade105(m): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
I have a question which might be a contrapositive to your proof. What if you're in a country other than your country of residence where you and your family got a visa that gonna expire and you wanna apply for study permit. Are you saying you will leave your family behind and apply alone? Remember, your family might be staying there illegally and might also cause a red flag.

In summary, prayer and good application can get you and your family the visa...

DMerciful:
For married people with kids applying for TRV, one of your biggest home ties are your kids. Apply alone and leave the kids behind, when you get there you will be given a letter by the international student department to bring your family over. My younger brother did it and that's what I intend doing. This can take as little as 4 months for your family to join you. Applying to go with your kids from the onset is a red flag!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
dedecoder:
Hi!

I didn't do WES for my transcript; I used it like that. However, the college specifically requested for a "Clear, Colored official" copy and not student's copy.

Similarly, I was advised to get an affidavit for any discrepancy on my docs as that itself can deny me an admission. That's all. I hope this answers your question.

can you send your number to my email Kingsley_ono92@yahoo.com I would love to call you that's if you don't mind... Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2019
Bracha:
Hello,

Here's what I did in my case, I wrote one reason only. I chose a reason I had tackled sufficiently - insufficient fund - and wrote it. My sponsor's SOA had a significantly higher amount of money compared to before, and I had paid part of my tuition.

Hope this helps.

submitting a business SOA that has some months of (-amount)due to overdraft, but all the loans got paid up and some money were added b4 i submitted.
Could it have been a reason for unavailable funds to pay tuition?
Sponsor also included personal soa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2019
Its just an advice because family serves as home ties, people are free to follow at their own risk.
Ajibade105:

I have a question which might be a contrapositive to your proof. What if you're in a country other than your country of residence where you and your family got a visa that gonna expire and you wanna apply for study permit. Are you saying you will leave your family behind and apply alone? Remember, your family might be staying there illegally and might also cause a red flag.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ezenwa28: 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hello guys, I just got admitted in Niagara college, advance diploma, but I have HND cert in electrical electronics Eng. and I working experience my question is 1. Can I pay half of a semester and must I pay before the due date? 2. How will I convince the VO as per my SOP on credentials .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oyalfares: 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
Online application
Application Date: March 23, 2019
Bio-metric request Letter: March 24, 2019
Bio-metric done on March 25, 2019
sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 26/03/2019

Congratulations to all those who got their approvals this month!

We now have a sample of 18 hopefuls. Please i would encourage those that have applied this year to please share their timeline (which should include; the application date, application route, biometrics request date, date biometrics was done, medical request date, date medicals was done, date medicals was passed, and the current status). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

We have made attempts to "calculate" processing times. (Please note that this is just an average based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average). As we get more samples, I want to believe our calculations would be more "accurate".

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data, please share with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by neverlosehope: 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hi,

That your wife going with her kids for studies is not a reason to decline the application. I can speak from experience. I relocation from Nigeria to US for Masters about 4 years ago, my visa was approved along with my family. Lastly year, I moved to Canada from Us for PhD and I got my visa approved along with my family. I got a student visa while my wife got work permit. I always apply together with my entire family. I did not even show all these documents which you listed and our visas were approved, though, I got funding for the PhD program.

I will suggest you work on your SOP. Make it as detailed and readable as possible.

Thanks

gig1005:
Hello house, please i need advice as my wife application was declined last month. I have been following this thread silently.

After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the IRPA and IRPR. I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of visit.

She apply with our two kids as she going for her PhD program and I already paid one-year tuition fee to the school, and I already make the fund needed in her account and the kids account because I have been running the kids account since they are little.

DOCUMENT SUBMITTED

ADMISSION DOCUMENT FROM SCHOOL
RECEIPT OF 1 YEAR TUITION FEE PAID
MY HUSBAND COMPANY CERT, SHOWING MY WIFE AS ONE OF THE DIRECTORS.
MY WIFE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT OF 10M BAL AND MY SON ACCT SHOWING 10M BAL AS WELL
CV.
SCHOOL CERT
SOP
POLICE CERT
AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP
SPONSOR LETTER
CONSENT LETTER
KIDS PASSPORT AND
BIRTH CERTI
MARRIAGE CERTI
HUSBAND PROPERTY DOCUMENT
HUSBAND BANK STATEMENT

Please I need advise on how to convince the VO. AND WHAT DOC DO YOU THINK I NEED TO SHOW IF AM TO PROOF THEM WRONG THAT I WILL COME BACK

I will really appreciate ur help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by neverlosehope: 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2019
This thinking is incorrect.

I am presently in Canada studying with my family. We applied together and our visas were approved together. Also, I have many of my colleagues who applied together with their family and their visa were approved.

A family of mine started his program in UBC this January. He applied for his study visa along with his family at the same time and all the visas were approved. He came in for Masters degree and not PhD.

Thanks

Frankrobbn1:

Hi gig1005,

As other members of the thread has suggested. In her next application, she should apply alone. Once she has successfully gotten her TRV, she can then file an application for her accompanying dependents to Canada. This process will boost her chances of securing a TRV as well as showing that she has significant ties to her home country. Having said that, It's very difficult for her accompanying dependents to be refused a TRV (kids) and SOWP (spouse) after she must have received a study permit because the Canada’s commitment to family unification clearly stated that international students and their families have the opportunity to experience Canadian life together. Whether it is for a few months or for several years, international students will be comforted to know that their loved ones can be nearby as they pursue their dreams of obtaining a Canadian education. Above all, she should start now by putting up a cogent letter of explanation that will address the reason for her visa refusal and convincingly demonstrate that her current situation has substantively changed and why she is a bonafide applicant that would merit a study permit and depart after her visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
Please kindly advise me, I want to reapply after been rejected 2 years ago, should I open a new account on CIC or use the same one I used before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:02pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ajibade105:

when it comes to immigration both logic and reality applies on whether or not to go for a family application which mostly depends on the surrounding circumstances(which has been overemphasized incessantly).

To the bolded, given to the circumstances of family composition and age, the PA has a "home country," which settles that of the family. Every person have a legal status to an independent country which simply interprets that the PA's family don't necessarily have to reside illegally in a second country that which would harm any prospect immigration moves in the future.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2019
Perhaps they have other strong home ties. We are not saying it's impossible, we are only talking of increase in probability of being granted.
neverlosehope:
This thinking is incorrect.

I am presently in Canada studying with my family. We applied together and our visas were approved together. Also, I have many of my colleagues who applied together with their family and their visa were approved.

A family of mine started his program in UBC this January. He applied for his study visa along with his family at the same time and all the visas were approved. He came in for Masters degree and not PhD.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2019
ezenwa28:
Hello guys, I just got admitted in Niagara college, advance diploma, but I have HND cert in electrical electronics Eng. and I working experience my question is 1. Can I pay half of a semester and must I pay before the due date? 2. How will I convince the VO as per my SOP on credentials .

You have your offer letter? Were you instructed by the school to pay your tuition fee (half or full) b4 a due date...if yes, den u are meant to pay that to get your seat and offer letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greatlady234: 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hello everyone. Please how many years visa does a student going for grade 12 get ? Any idea?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vicwealth: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hello guys. I m new but i have been a silent follower of the thread. Pls I need need the gurus in the house to help me with this question. For the married folks, is it compulsory to submit a court issued marriage certificate Planning to apply for a study permit next month, but I do not have marriage certificate yet cos I only did traditional. If I don't submit a marriage certificate, will that have an adverse effect on my eligibility. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by neverlosehope: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2019
I am an example. I applied with my entire family at the same time and we all got the visa. I did not support my applications with any landed property whatsoever. The only financial support which I included was my PhD funding, however, I wrote a very detailed SOP. Also, I wrote a detailed SOP for each member of my family with reasons for us to travel together. Most developed countries place so much value on family support.

I have advised others after mine to apply with their family at the same time and I have seen few success over last year.

Thanks

DMerciful:
Perhaps they have other strong home ties. We are not saying it's impossible, we are only talking of increase in probability of being granted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2019
vicwealth:
Hello guys. I m new but i have been a silent follower of the thread. Pls I need need the gurus in the house to help me with this question. For the married folks, is it compulsory to submit a court issued marriage certificate Planning to apply for a study permit next month, but I do not have marriage certificate yet cos I only did traditional. If I don't submit a marriage certificate, will that have an adverse effect on my eligibility. Thanks

Dear sir/ma,

Oyinbo don’t know traditional or customary marriage. If it’s not Common law or Registry then show proof you did marriage.

The only thing they want is proof then conviction follows.

I just don’t know the kind of proof you will give them that they will be convinced about.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
ezenwa28:

If you don't mind me asking, Advanced diploma in what? Why are you going for advanced diploma when you already have HND? can't you get something higher? paying huge money for an advanced diploma, is that something you really want to go for? Please think about it carefully before paying your fees.

To answer your question, your school should have told you how much to pay in your conditional offer. All the best bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
vicwealth:

Furthermore, if you show proof that you are married, it’s a BIG plus for you showing you have solid hometie but if you decide not to show proof but you have other things to show as hometie then hometie aspect is secured.

But I want you to know that when you are in your 30s and you ain’t married most especially in your mid 30s upward, some of the VO think applicants are not geniue and just looking for a away to migrate to Canada and marry their Old granny’s looking for second love or as the case or thought maybe.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

If you don't mind me asking, Advanced diploma in what? Why are you going for advanced diploma when you already have HND? can't you get something higher? paying huge money for an advanced diploma, is that something you really want to go for? Please think about it carefully before paying your fees.

To answer your question, your school should have told you how much to pay in your conditional offer. All the best bro.

The bolded above is the response you get from some VOs when they want to deny visa.

I love your response in a VOs thought, but then he/she may get the study visa.

@ezenwa28, do more findings about your study application and submit a very tight application.

Some pple got their Visa with Advance diploma anyway.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2019
I need advice.. On filling the background form i stated that my course requires working..could this have a negative effect on my visa??
And I was told to proof it, how can I proof that??
What are the benefits if such visa is granted??

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.