Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki (9207 Views)

Despite Challenges, No Going Back On My Reforms - Tinubu / 2023: I’ve Capacity To Rescue Nigeria From Challenges - Saraki / Buhari: Nigeria Remains Most Attractive Investment Destination In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by 3Ebisco: 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
... 224 Bills, 1, 458 Motions, 21 Constitution Amendment Bills Passed The President of the Senate, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has declared that the legislature plays a critical role in democratic systems and remains the nucleus of democratic systems across the world. Saraki made declaration recently while speaking on the successes of the Eight Assembly in fast- tracking development and building stronger institutions in Nigeria.

He said the National Assembly’s roles in the democratic space is mainly to legislate for good governance, peace and welfare of the people while also serving as a check on the executive arm of government. “In the journey towards proper representative governance and democratic development, we have not failed in providing quality leadership and bringing governance closer to our people,” says Saraki. According to Saraki who doubles as President and head of the National Assembly, “the Eighth Assembly has remained the most audacious and the most visible from previous ones.

Having shown maturity in turning all the rancorous and disquiet atmosphere into that of peaceful co-existence in Nigeria. Thus, laying a good foundation for the Senate to face its core mandate is a positive score for democracy. This legislative intervention led to the passing of 224 Bills, the passing of 1, 458 Motions and the passing of 21 Constitution Amendment Bills.

Some of the major Economic Reform Bills include the Bills on Economic Intervention, Employment Generation, Ease of Doing Business and the Demutualization of the Nigerian Stock Exchange Bill and the Currency Conversion Freezing, others Amendment Bill. “Other notable ones are the Industrial Development (Income Tax Relief), the Value Added Tax Amendment Bill, the Stamp Duties Act Amendment Bill the Minimum Wage Act Amendment Bill the Avoidance of Double Taxation Bill and the Nigeria Immigration Act Amendment Bill among others.

Some of the other bills include: the Electronic Transaction Bill, the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Amendment Act Amendment Bill, the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission Establishment Bill, the local Content bill”. The Senate president who has fallen out with the leadership of APC and has defected to PDP, believes that these bills represent a watershed in economic and business legislations in the country.

While the passage of the ‎Petroleum Industry Governance Bill, which seeks to reform the country’s oil and gas industry is another serious issue that enabled the Upper Chamber to boost its image after decades of corruption and lack of transparency. Speaker Yakubu Dogara-led lower legislative chamber believes it has achieved many firsts as far as the business of lawmaking in the nation’s history is concerned. “We have made considerable efforts at promoting parliamentary openness and greater publication participation in governance and decision-making.

This promotes greater transparency and accountability on the part of parliaments through easing access to parliamentary information through electronic communication; and promoting direct citizen engagement”. He noted that there was a gap in public perception of the legislature and the reality of their functions as an arm of government. “Like with most parliaments around the world, public perception of the National Assembly has largely been negative based on misinformation about the function of parliament, emoluments of Members, scandals, etc.

It is against this background that the National Assembly recently hosted the Open Week to open National Assembly to the public. It has helped in broadening public understanding of legislative functions among others”. Similarly, the Executive Director of NILDS, Professor Ladi Hamalai, said through it activities, NILDS has systematically improved the technical capacity of legislative staff, committee secretaries and political aides to process appropriation bills and assist in policy oversight of the executive among others. Its programmes cover training for legislators and their staff, researches, bill drafting, analysis and scrutiny as well as information services.

Her words, “As a world class facility, NILDS has improved the capacity of Legislators and promotes best practices in legislative activities. This has served as a unique opportunity to drafters, legal officers, policy makers and those interested in the process of law making in Nigeria and the sub-region”.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/eight-assembly-remains-most-audacious.html

2 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by SolutionMee: 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
cheesy
Very correct Sir. I wish you the very best in today's convention. I pray you emerge the winner. Even if you don't, Nigeria will forever remember you and work on your legacy.
Your Papa must be jacking off in his grave already. He'll be so proud of you wherever he is.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by basmur(m): 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
smiley
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by miqos02(m): 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
Loo
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by Franzinni: 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
I just came to hunt some zombies...

Zombies it's time for lunch!

***set the scope of my high powered snipper rifle***

6 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by naijaguy123456(m): 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
Saraki for president. Igbo man for Vice President .

No Igbo man dead or alive is greater than Saraki. He is our saviour, yes.

6 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by israelmao(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
The political Grandguru that makes political veterans look like novices.

4 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by Omololu001: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
When was the last time dey held a session

5 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by excomarow(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
Look at this Budget Paddler...

If you like, pass 100,000 bill and 500,000 motions, you still remain the worse Senate President of Nigeria, moreover, your emergence has Senate President was illegal.

We stand with Buhari till 2023

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by brixton: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
Oloye!

Vote Saraki or Atiku for president and Nigeria will grow!!!

5 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by AngelicBeing: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
most audacious Senate passing useless laws that has kept the country as a cesspit of poverty and darkness, fúçk off sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by donnie(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
grin
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by capatainrambo: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
zombies will die here today. grin

2 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by xbernardx(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
Wash, you will never rule Nigeria
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by uriris: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
Nightmare for Zombies

1 Like

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by CheapDataGuy: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
OK next

Meanwhile, my country people how e take dey do u for this hard man regime?? What if I show u how to make 1k Daily on top your Android phone? At all At all na winch. Even if na 30k Waka enter ur account shey na something na. If u want follow me dey make 1k Daily, check my profile, copy my number come follow me relate for WhatsApp make I show u d way. No dulling.

1 Like

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by xbernardx(m): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2018
Omololu001:
When was the last time dey held a session

Ask him, because of fear of impeachment
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by Benekruku(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
Saraki should please shut the fvck up!

Its a weekend

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by Roodez(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
You're mad, in a sane society people like you without knowledge about rule of law and proper understanding of the constitution will not be a senator. The 8th assembly is the worst in the history of Nigeria, majority of this useless people doesn't even know why they are in the Chambers. If people are praising these people it's because of the lack of knowledge which is common than the common sense in our nation. The success of democracy lies with the parliamentary arm of the government, because people cluelessly shift the blame on the executives has given useless people like you to continue taking the people for granted. The National Assembly is a very important symbol of democracy was closed for months without a reasonable reason, the budget took a lifetime to be signed yet our democracy fighters sees no wrong with that. I urge fellow citizens to be careful in voting our legislates because it determines whether the executive will be successful or not. This 8th Assembly has failed woefully and only benefitting because people doesn't focus on the legislative as much as they focused on the executives. Shame on all the members of the current Assembly, I wonder how we choose these clueless people.

4 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by VPWebDesigner: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
undecided If you need a website, check my signature No advance payment required.
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by hisexcellency34: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
Worst assembly of rogues and thugs like Dino

1 Like

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by neweraomo: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
coolJ
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by bonechamberlain(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
well said. it would be a nightmare to imagine a Senate without the leadership or saraki/ekweremaru, under buhari evil regime. By now we would have had a full blown tyranny, fascism and chaos.

3 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by Duunnci: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
CCTV Spy Recording Eyeglass. Get this quality CCTV Spy Recording Eyeglass.This Eyeglass can video, audio, and can snap pictures secretly without no one knowing.The Eyeglass is good for business negotiations, crime investigation, secret recording, evidence for court.Price is #15.000. To buy pls call the phone number below . Pay on delivery is available to all States.
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by Benekruku(m): 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
brixton:
Oloye!

Vote Saraki or Atiku for president and Nigeria will grow!!!

Losers you campaigning for

Saraki's political career will be grounded tomorrow

I will await you comment after tomorrow

Dude from a minority group that has less than 10% from his own people

3 Likes

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by elmodee7(m): 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2018
saraki Will never rule this country.

1 Like

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
grin

Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by chrischukszy01(m): 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
naijaguy123456:
Saraki for president. Igbo man for Vice President .

No Igbo man dead or alive is greater than Saraki. He is our saviour, yes.
Try and get sense even if na small! Or better still u can buy fairly used sense, e no too cost. Idiotic animal!!
Re: Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki by Jahwinaboy(m): 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2018
You tried in the Senate but what about Panama papers leak? Dino is a rascal that I like. He was in PDP and criticized it. He was in APC and also criticized it. Instability is welcomed in a lawless country like 9ja.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters / Can Nigeria Become A Developed Country? / We Will Fight Boko Haram With The Law - David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.