Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Cnn: Pics Of Gorgeous Chinese Actress Given A Record $130 Million Dollar Fine - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cnn: Pics Of Gorgeous Chinese Actress Given A Record $130 Million Dollar Fine (1223 Views)

30 Breathtaking Pictures Of Gorgeous Hollywood Actress, Daniella Perkins / BBNaija's Nina All Shades Of Gorgeous In New Photos / Genevieve Nnaji Is All Shades Of Gorgeous In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnn: Pics Of Gorgeous Chinese Actress Given A Record $130 Million Dollar Fine by SarcasticGenius(m): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2018

Beijing (CNN)-Chinese actress Fan Bingbing has been fined for tax evasion, state media reported Wednesday, the first public pronouncement about the star since she mysteriously disappeared from public view in June.

According to state-run news agency Xinhua, Fan, who makes about 44 million dollars annually, has been ordered to pay almost $130 million, after she misreported how much money she had received for certain film projects, using so-called "yin-yang contracts" to conceal from the authorities her true remuneration and avoid millions of dollars in taxes.

Fan and companies related to her were ordered to pay around $42 million in late taxes and fees, along with a fine of $86 million. Because she was a first-time offender, the government said criminal charges would not be filed against her if she pays all the money by an undisclosed deadline, Xinhua reported.

Fan's disappearance from public view sparked widespread speculation she had been detained by the authorities. Xinhua said she had been under investigation by tax authorities in Jiangsu province, near Shanghai but didn't provide any details on her current whereabouts.

In a letter posted on social media, Fan, 37, apologized profusely and repeatedly to the public and government.

"As a public figure, I should have abided by laws and regulations, and been a role model in the industry and society," she said. "I shouldn't have lost self-restraint or become lax in managing (my companies), which led to the violation of laws, in the name of economic interests."
Fan admitted to signing the contracts and said she "completely accepts" the decision by tax authorities.

"Without the favorable polices of the Communist Party and state, without the love of the people, there would have been no Fan Bingbing," she added.

Her case was clearly designed as a warning to other high profile celebrities, with the State Administration of Taxation saying it had launched a campaign to recover all back taxes in the entertainment industry.

Those who do not meet a December 31 deadline could face criminal charges, the authority said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/02/entertainment/china-fan-bingbing-tax-intl/index.html

Fynestboi, MissyB3 Fynestboi, MissyB3 Fynestboi, MissyB3 Fynestboi, MissyB3 Fynestboi, MissyB3 Fynestboi, MissyB3
Re: Cnn: Pics Of Gorgeous Chinese Actress Given A Record $130 Million Dollar Fine by whitebeard(m): 1:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
$130 million see the way they are saying it like of small money..!!

Nigeria will grant her amnesty.. We always do..!

2 Likes

Re: Cnn: Pics Of Gorgeous Chinese Actress Given A Record $130 Million Dollar Fine by author1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2018
whitebeard:
$130 million see the way they are saying it like of small money..!!

Nigeria will grant her amnesty.. We always do..!
Nigeria will grant her amne.... wat? bro wat do u just saaay?
Re: Cnn: Pics Of Gorgeous Chinese Actress Given A Record $130 Million Dollar Fine by Dreyl(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
That's a big ass money though.
Re: Cnn: Pics Of Gorgeous Chinese Actress Given A Record $130 Million Dollar Fine by superman1073: 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
Pretty huge amount indeed.
Anyway,this is for you.

Don't Miss it

100% NATURAL SOLUTION FOR HAIR LOSS AND BALDNESS FOR MEN AND WOMEN
I always felt this anger each time I look at the mirror, not that I don't have an explanation for being mad, but simply because I look like an...
To order your product, click www.timdetlink.com
Re: Cnn: Pics Of Gorgeous Chinese Actress Given A Record $130 Million Dollar Fine by superman1073: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
superman1073:
Pretty huge amount indeed.
Anyway,this is for you.

Don't Miss it

100% NATURAL SOLUTION FOR HAIR LOSS AND BALDNESS FOR MEN AND WOMEN
I always felt this anger each time I look at the mirror, not that I don't have an explanation for being mad, but simply because I look like an...
To order your product, click www.timdetlink.com

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy Fights With Davido In The Studio Lmao / Peter Okoye Flaunts His Mansion And His Fleet Of Cars (PHOTO) / Mr Ibu Health Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.