Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? (18595 Views)

Autopsy: See What An Expectant Mother Said That Got People Talking / New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG / Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nothin to worry about mahn. Unless she starts binge drinking.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by OboOlora(f): 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by daben1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
Liliyann:
Nothing wrong in taking alcohol during pregnancy!!
I know someone that drinks beer anytime she is pregnant!!
bad!!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Austema:
Well, but one thing is certain; she is going to give birth to a drunkard
she has triggered alcohol sensitization in the infant.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
The baby might come out a little tipsy. But breast milk should reduce its hangover. Jk.

No alarm since it was once. I believe her body will absorb it and it won't get to the child as long as she stops taking alcohol for the duration of the pregnancy.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by henryobinna(m): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
Yes, baby is definitely high and intoxicated
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by useed(m): 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2018
justinajp:
i very much appreciate you for taking out time to write a well thought out helpful response, she took two sachets of pure water immediately i told her about the danger involved she took it because it tasted nice (LOL) and she has not tasted such since then, thank you for your kind words of advise.

Uwc Sir grin
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by N100: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
OP don’t trust all these Nairaland doctors.. half of them didn’t finish primary school

3 Likes

Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by useed(m): 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
dayleke:

Tasted nice?
Was that part of her cravings?
I know about other cravings for pregnant women but alcohol is definitely not one of them.

She shall be okay las las noni.

Women crave for weird things during pregnancy

1 Like

Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by dayleke: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
useed:

Women crave for weird things during pregnancy

I know na.
That's why I asked if it's part of her cravings?

1 Like

Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by stasius: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
She took the alcohol in the first trimester which is a vital stage during which many organs and systems are formed.

She should pray that the alcohol didn't cause havoc to any of these process at the time she took it. That's all.

Once is enough risk to cause deformity, but the chance may be slim.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by kollins3(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
No prob.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Ganamustgo(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Case of deform to be alarmed

Make she no go born deformed baby

My aunty in Abuja drank alcohol when she was pregnant like she wanted to remove the baby

She end up giving birth to a cripple baby

The baby is 4 years now but still like a new born baby

I pray nothing happens to your own IJN

I also know a woman that drinks alcoholic beverages like her life depends on it, but she gave birth to a sound baby.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Andrez123(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Dumb question!
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Prestige16(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
No cause for alarm... Intact, alcohol is what pregnant women use to drink as water in akwaibom state
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by sirkregg: 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
TBH.... There's is no safe amount of alcohol to be consumed during pregnancy but most people are ignorant about this. To be on a safe side advise her to take antenatal seriously.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by badjack(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
There is problem. You have introduced the pikin to the world of liquor even when he or she is in the belle. Na wow for you.
Tomorrow now you start complaining of his or her drinking habit. Women don spoil this world. She no fit wait. 9 months na forever? She dry crase?
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by chocboi78(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nope. But be rest assured to give birth to a drunkard
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Case of deform to be alarmed

Make she no go born deformed baby

My aunty in Abuja drank alcohol when she was pregnant like she wanted to remove the baby

She end up giving birth to a cripple baby

The baby is 4 years now but still like a new born baby

I pray nothing happens to your own IJN
she took alcohol once unlike your aunty who is a drunk
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Kaycee9242(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Go to ur hospital and ask dem
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by switch47(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ganamustgo:

I also know a woman that drinks alcoholic beverages like her life depends on it, but she gave birth to a sound baby.
was she taking it in the first three months if pregnancy ni?
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by chloride6: 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
You should be very worried.

In fact I think you will most probably give birth to NwaAmaikpe unless you start taking 2 panadol daily then the damage may be reduced and you may birth LuciferKristi
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by donwhit(m): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Dont drink alcohol when pregnant. It can lead to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by xeros20(m): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nothing to fear, if it was harmful it could have flushed out the foetus. Baby is sound.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by lielbree: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
I'm not an alcohol drinker but each time I'm pregnant chilled Heineken is suddenly my bestie.

All my kids a normal and super intelligent.

I don't advise the consumption of alcohol during pregnancy o.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by 12345baba(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
If na boy dey her belle something fit happen, cos boys no dey strong for belle. Girls dey kakaraka. grin grin
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by 12345baba(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
lielbree:
I'm not an alcohol drinker but each time I'm pregnant chilled Heineken is suddenly my bestie.

All my kids a normal and super intelligent.

I don't advise the consumption of alcohol during pregnancy o.
noted! Heineken dey open brain, my wife go change brand
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by chris51(f): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
She should not be worried about the alcohol she took with pregnancy but should desist from doing so again.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Alcohol is great for the mind, but hurts the physical organs in a poisonous way, but the liver is the first line of defense, so do not be bothered, the alcohol went through the liver is totally de-hydroxylized before it goes into the blood stream.

The baby and the mother are fantastic.
Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by Nyceguy92: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
[quote author=justinajp post=71850710]

Wow! Everybody wants to say something in this kind of matter, even if it is not well-informed.

OP is worried about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, which refers to the unique features in a new-born whose mom is a chronic alcoholic. Mark the word "chronic."

There is no cause for alarm here. Even substances that are known to be harmful to the body/ baby do not produce their effects unless a certain threshold or minimum amount has accumulated in the body. This happens when the intake is on a continuous and large basis.

In fact, even a pregnant woman can safely take a glass or two of an alcoholic beverage once in a while to quench her thirst. In practice, people prefer to stay out of it as a general precautionary measure.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? by deebrain(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
She should see her doctor and explain these things to the doctor.

However, alcohol might not be immediately dangerous but increase the chance of danger.

That's why its mostly discouraged in your pregnancy appointments.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Moves To Replace Striking Doctors With Ad-hoc Staff / The Mysteriouse/medical Power Of Muster Seed And Black Stone / No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.