Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,139 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise (1029 Views)

Autopsy: See What An Expectant Mother Said That Got People Talking / Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? / I've Been Having Constant Migraine Every Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 7:45am On Feb 08, 2020
Good morning healthlanders, please I need advice from experienced mothers and experts in here as I believe we have sane humans on this section.pls help my family as your advice will go a long way.

My elder sis is pregnant, about 5 months gone.
The problem is that she keeps having High blood pressure , had been hospitalized for 3 weeks , discharged last week only to be admitted again last night . My mum especially is breaking down because of this problem.

Pls note!..... This is her 3rd pregnancy. Please what should we do? The blood pressure keeps rising and falling.she is just 29.

Update!
She lost the baby. Thanks to @fairfora and a Miradamian for reaching out. I really do appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 08, 2020
She's suffering from PIH which is very dangerous.I've heard of cases where pregnant women died ahead of delivery due to PIH. but I pray her case doesn't end that way. Since she had had 2 kids already, why not just stop and take care of them, to save her life and that of the unborn child and to also save her husband and family all the wahala? She could have been diagnosed of this in her 2 previous pregnancies of which she must have been fully aware. Some women do not like themselves at all especially when it comes to childbearing and heeding medical advice associated with it. A lot needs to be done to enlighten our women on health issues.

In 2004, I was to conduct a clinical presentation at a hospital in Ogun state. There was this intern who read a health-related course who accompanied me there. On getting to the hospital, the dr who invited us was busy, so we had to hang somewhere on the corridor to wait for him. All of a sudden a dr walked past and asked a nurse on his way...madam, so this is the patient and she said yes, she died last night of PIH. She should be in her 3rd trimester. Her body was on a stretcher with the pregnancy, fully covered up and with swollen feet. The intern on hearing this stood up and took some steps backward. She left the scene in fear because she didn't notice the woman was dead, neither did she know a dead body was covered on a stretcher which was just right in front of her and we have been there waiting for the doctor.

By the way, PIH is on the rise and many pregnant ladies aren't aware of it. I'd urge any lady or would-be mothers reading this piece to always have her bp checked when pregnant and visit the antenatal clinic regularly. The dr might advise a CS in a critical condition to safe both the mother and the baby.

Please have the woman visit a teaching hospital where adequate care could he given. Some private hospitals are being operated by less-experienced medics and auxiliary nurses. Good luck to her.

2 Likes

Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by Miradamian: 8:29am On Feb 08, 2020
Which kind of hospital are u talking her to? If it's government hospital they will know what to do.she has to be taking her aldomet daily and also magnesium supplement 1 daily. No salty food, no oily food, and the most important,she must STOP being scared,bc fear causes anxiety which raises her diastolic pressure and heart rate.

4 Likes

Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 8:31am On Feb 08, 2020
fairfora:
She's suffering from PIH which is very dangerous . I've heard of cases where pregnant women died ahead of delivery due to PIH. but I pray her case doesn't end that way. In 2004, I was to conduct a clinical presentation at a hospital in Ogun state. There was this intern who read a health-related course who accompanied me there. On getting to the hospital, the dr who invited us was busy, so we had to hang somewhere on the corridor to wait for him. All of a sudden a dr walked past and asked a nurse on his way...madam, so this is the patient and she said yes, she died last night of PIH. She should be in her 3rd trimester. Her body was on a stretcher with the pregnancy, fully covered up and with swollen feet. The intern on hearing this stood up and took some steps backward. She left the scene in fear because she didn't notice the woman was dead, neither did she know a dead body was covered on a stretcher which was just right in front of her and we have been there waiting for the doctor.

By the way, PIH is on the rise and many pregnant ladies aren't aware of it. I'd urge any lady or would-be mothers reading this piece to always have her bp checked when pregnant and visit the antenatal clinic regularly. The dr might advise a CS in a critical condition to safe both the mother and the baby.

Please have the woman visit a teaching hospital where adequate care could he given. Some private hospitals are being operated by less-experienced medics and auxiliary nurses. Good luck to her.

Thank you so much for responding. She is in one of the government hospitals in Lagos . she will not die in Jesus name. Pls asides the cs ....I s there something else we should do? To help her situation now.
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 8:35am On Feb 08, 2020
Miradamian:
Which kind of hospital are u talking her to? If it's government hospital they will know what to do.she has to be taking her aldomet daily and also magnesium supplement 1 daily. No salty food, no oily food, and the most important,she must STOP being scared,bc fear causes anxiety which raises her diastolic pressure and heart rate.

Yes, It is a government hospital and she has been on those drugs you mentioned but I don't know about her nutrition cause I'm very far away from her at the moment. I will do well to inform my mum about the feeding aspect cause she is the one with her at the hospital. Thank you very much for your contribution.
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by Miradamian: 8:35am On Feb 08, 2020
fairfora:
She's suffering from PIH which is very dangerous . I've heard of cases where pregnant women died ahead of delivery due to PIH. but I pray her case doesn't end that way. Since she had had 2 kids already, why not just stop and take care of them, to save her life and that of the unborn child and to also save her husband and family all the wahala? Some women do not like themselves at all. A lot needs to be done to enlighten our women on health issues

In 2004, I was to conduct a clinical presentation at a hospital in Ogun state. There was this intern who read a health-related course who accompanied me there. On getting to the hospital, the dr who invited us was busy, so we had to hang somewhere on the corridor to wait for him. All of a sudden a dr walked past and asked a nurse on his way...madam, so this is the patient and she said yes, she died last night of PIH. She should be in her 3rd trimester. Her body was on a stretcher with the pregnancy, fully covered up and with swollen feet. The intern on hearing this stood up and took some steps backward. She left the scene in fear because she didn't notice the woman was dead, neither did she know a dead body was covered on a stretcher which was just right in front of her and we have been there waiting for the doctor.

. Are u scaring them or are u giving an encouraging advice? simply advice one on what to do u are telling whole lot of crap story.who want to hear about a dead woman.u can perhaps let them know d number of pregnant women that die all day in Nigeria.putting more fear in her when u know fear is one of her problems

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 8:37am On Feb 08, 2020
Miradamian:
. Are u scaring them or are u giving an encouraging advice? simply advice one on what to do u are telling whole lot of crap story.who want to hear about a dead woman.u can perhaps let them know d number of pregnant women that die all day in Nigeria.putting more fear in her when u know fear is one of her problems

Thanks so much for this.
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 08, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

Thank you so much for responding. She is in one of the government hospitals in Lagos . she will not die in Jesus name. Pls asides the cs ....I s there something else we should do? To help her situation now.
Amen, I've already prayed for her, that her case won't end that way. It's the Drs who would advise what to do because I do not have her medical history or report. Since it's a general hospital, I expect capable hands to attend to her.

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 8:39am On Feb 08, 2020
fairfora:
Amen, I've already prayed for her, that her case won't end that way. It's the Drs who would advise what to do because I do not have her medical history or report. Since it's a general hospital, I expect capable hands to attend to her.

Amen to your prayers and thanks for your contribution. Are you saying that the general hospital can handle the condition?.
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 08, 2020
Miradamian:
The fact that the woman needed help doesn't suggest that she's is the only one experiencing this neither does it mean she would be the last one. It is necessary to let our women or ladies who are still single to be aware of the risk by citing examples so they'd know how dangerous it is and how to take the matter seriously.

You see this as crap but it would help a lot of those who are yet to experience this to firm up. On health matters, you don't show empathy when giving advice and that's why we are different from ordinary people like you. We tell people the health risks involved and also advise accordingly. If you do not do this they wouldn't understand what it means to avoid or prevent it from occurring. Medical job isn't for those who show pity, but for the brave who would tell the truth even in the face of threats...that's what medicine is all about. Why do you think pictures and videos are shown as means of illustrations of those infected with diseases to educate patients? Drs could have just said a so and so number of people were infected not to scare people. Those pictures and videos are there to let them know it's real and they can always avoid being infected by doing the needful . Medicine is about being practical and caring and not theoretical as in your case

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 08, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

Amen to your prayers and thanks for your contribution. Are you saying that the general hospital can handle the condition?.
Yes and in case there's no improvement, please do not hesitate to take her to either LUTH or LASUTH. Maybe all she needs is bed rest.
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2020
fairfora:
The fact that the woman needed help doesn't suggest that she's is the only one experiencing this neither does it mean she would be the last one. It is necessary to let our women or ladies who are still single to be aware of the risk by citing examples so they'd know how dangerous it is and how to take the matter seriously.

You see this as crap but it would help a lot of those who are yet to experience this to firm up. On health matters, you don't show empathy when giving advice and that's why we are different from ordinary people like you. We tell people the health risks involved and also advise accordingly. If you do not do this they wouldn't understand what it means to avoid or prevent it from occurring. Medical job isn't for those who show pity, but for the brave who would tell the truth even in the face of threats...that's what medicine is all about. Why do you think pictures and videos are shown as means of illustrations of those infected with diseases to educate patients? Drs could have just said a so and so number of people were infected not to scare people. Those pictures and videos are there to let them know it's real and they can always avoid being infected by doing the needful . Medicine is about being practical and caring and not theoretical as in your case

Are you trying to say that she somehow caused her condition?
I would like to know the cause of this and preventive measures too.
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

Are you trying to say that she somehow caused her condition?
I would like to know the cause of this and preventive measures too.
PIH could be caused by a number of health conditions. Some antenatal patients too could take some haematinics without the consent or permission of a medic, which they're not supposed to ordinarily take because of its high iron content. Some could also have a history of HBP. That's why the antenatal clinic attendance is key, as a pregnant woman.

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 9:23am On Feb 08, 2020
fairfora:
PIH could be caused by a number of health conditions. Some antenatal patients too could take some haematinics without the consent or permission of a medic, which they're not supposed to ordinarily take because of its high iron content. Some could also have a history of HBP. That's why the antenatal clinic attendance is key, as a pregnant woman.

Thank you for the clarification.
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
Cc computergeek! Please ma , Kindly ignore people's opinions, I absolutely support your actions towards those girls. Pls don't let any body's opinion infuriate you.

PS... I have been an adent follower of your diary, you ve been an inspiration as you also happen to be in my field. I humbly apply to be mentored in the tech world by you. I'm also in the tech field.
Much love ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by bigiyaro(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
which one come be PIH?
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by dayleke: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
bigiyaro:
which one come be PIH?

Pregnancy Induced Hypertension

I guess.
Re: Expectant Mother Having Constant Reminders BP. Rise by prizlezzlalasky(f): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2023
Hello @ pocohantas, good afternoon to you Queen. I came across your post on needing an assistant, please ma, I’m humbly applying for this role.

I have a job that I won’t mind resigning from just to take up this offer if you find me fit for it. I had low key prayed to be mentored by you having been an avid follower of your diary, sadly I was off Nairaland as at the time you trained people on remote work.
My new job is totally different from what I have passion for , I’m just on it to make ends meet. It’s not in anyways helping me add value to myself skill wise.

It’s true you need someone between the ages of 21 to 26, I am 27 years old, very humble and willing to learn. I have also served and have a tech background. I have a working smart phone and laptop too.

I humbly plead that you consider me. I promise to abide by your long rules and regulations.
Warmest regards.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why China's Victory Over The Corona Virus Causes World's Outrage / Ghana COVID-19 Confirmed Cases Surpassed Nigeria / Mortuaries Are Filled Up! Lagos Governor Gives 2weeks Notice For Mass Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.