Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate (9901 Views)

Customs Paraded 2016 Seized Rice Containers As 2019 Seizures - ThisDay / 2019: APC Will Takeover Akwa Ibom Like When Hitler Invaded Poland – Akpabio / 2019: APC Endorses Mannaseh, Passes No Confidence Vote On Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by chieyine(m): 3:23am On Oct 07, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's incumbent President was chosen as the flag bearer of the ruling Party, The All Progressives Congress.
The President on his acceptance by members of his great party gave a speech which was made available to Naija Politico and reproduced below

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AND PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS IN THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the Chairman and members of the Convention Committee for planning and conducting this convention. The same appreciation goes to the chairmen of National and State Executive Committees of our party. Thank you very much for doing a difficult job well.

I would like to pay tribute to Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Chief Bisi Akande the first chairman of our great Party and to Chief John Oyegun who led the party until this year and all the APC Governors.

The result of the presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress this time is different because I am the only candidate. I thank all other eligible candidates who deferred to me in the interest of our party unity and over-all national stability.

Fellow party members, it is with a deep sense of humility that I stand before you today to accept the nomination of our party, the All Progressives Congress to be its candidate and flag-bearer in the 2019 presidential elections.

As I stand today before you, there is no honour greater than the confidence given to me by all of you when you affirmed my nomination. I thank you for your support. I thank you for your guidance. I thank you for staying committed to the CHANGE agenda.

I accept this honour as a tribute and mark of confidence to carry the responsibility as we all join hands to continue the good work of the APC government to 2023 and beyond.

We are very proud of our record from 2015 to date:

We have arrested and checked the slide to anarchy on the security and economic fronts.

Boko Haram is reduced to dastardly attacks on soft targets. Normalcy has returned to much of North East and neighbouring North West states.

Our currency has stabilised. Our reserves are now $44 billion, a lot higher than we had in 2015.

Power generation capacity has reached 8,000 megawatts against less than 4,600 when we came into office. As we invest in new power generation infrastructure we are strenuously working to address the legacy deficiencies and challenges of transmission and distribution networks across the country.

We are executing Independent Power Projects in 9 Federal Universities to deliver uninterrupted power supply and we intend to expand to a total of 37 Universities

We have revived most of our capacity to produce fertilisers locally.

The Government through its Anchor Borrowers Programme and other incentives has empowered more than 2 million farmers to go back to the land. We now produce 80% of our rice requirements. Many farmers who nearly lost hope are now millionaires.

We have introduced primary school feeding programmes to encourage attendance and enrolment. We also have introduced the conditional cash transfer to help small and medium businesses, the men, the women and young people who drive our economy.

We have repaired and are repairing major arterial roads and starting major railway projects with the aim of linking the 36 states with efficient road and rail transportation systems.

We are attacking corruption head-on. With international support we are recovering Nigerian stolen assets and applying them to infrastructural developments.

Today the corrupt are facing the wrath of law and leakages have been generally blocked.

Mr. Chairman, Your Excellencies, Members of the APC.

We can be proud of our achievements. CHANGE has come. Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow Nigerians, think how much PDP Governments earned between 1999 to 2015. Think what they did with it.

Infrastructure down!

Security down! 18 local governments of Nigeria under control of a hostile army of insurgents,

Reserves depleted!

Bankruptcy around the corner.

What did they do with your money?

Internationally, Nigeria is now respected. My inter-action with foreign heads of state and government has been very encouraging. The international community is very supportive of our efforts to put our country in order.

Ladies and gentlemen, Members of APC. I thank you deeply for your support and confidence in me. I will not let you or the people of Nigeria down.

On to victory in 2019!
Long live APC!
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Thank you and God bless you all.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/full-text-of-buharis-acceptance-speech-as-2019-apc-presidential-candidate/

8 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by oluwapoju(m): 3:24am On Oct 07, 2018
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by KanwuliaMama: 3:37am On Oct 07, 2018
Same speech from 2015? undecided
Lifeless DAURA COW! cry

16 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by Ategberoson(m): 4:07am On Oct 07, 2018
if only there was good security, thriving economy in Nigeria today PDP convention would have been a futile efforts but your incompetencies and even ignorant towards the incompetencies resurrect PDP hope

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by Chisaedhor: 6:43am On Oct 07, 2018
This shows that Buhari is not ready and can not move or grow Nigeria.

What a lifeless speech from the most lifeless dictator in the world.

Any body supporting Buhari is a cow.

30 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by ManirBK: 6:43am On Oct 07, 2018
14, 842, 072 APC members voted President Muhammadu Buhari during the direct primaries that returned him as the APC 2019 Presidential candidate. Please note that this primaries was conducted in all states of the federation at various Wards.
Gentlemen, get this message clear. PMB has 15m votes kept somewhere for him.

13 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by Mopolchi: 6:43am On Oct 07, 2018
No be today we see Aboki with kettle. Na serious beating you gats expect in the coming election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by BafanaBafana: 6:44am On Oct 07, 2018
Thank you Mr President. You are indeed sent from God.
2019 is sure for you as we will never let the gang of criminals back into power.
God bless PMB
God bless Osibanjo.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by Omololu001: 6:44am On Oct 07, 2018
I can bet all the money in my account on it,and even bet with my life that it was written for buhari, all what he do say is usually written for him,and he will read straight from the book. He hardly make sense when he speak offhand.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by rxmusa(m): 6:45am On Oct 07, 2018
This is a true patriot! Lover of the masses and progress of Nigeria and Nigerians.
Oh Lord! Thank you for blessing us with a man of outstanding qualities, President Muhammadu Buhari.

Nigeria shall be great God's willing

7 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by sanandreas(m): 6:45am On Oct 07, 2018
Are these his achievements? Tell us how u were mute on herdsmen killings in North Central. I can never vote a blood thirsty presidential aspirant.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by excomarow(m): 6:46am On Oct 07, 2018
When I Said Bubu Worth 14million Votes, Some Idiotic Pigs of Bia**** took me for a clown.

That Figure now is Sparking Poo out of their Dumb Brains.

God Bless PMB
God Bless APC
God Bless Naija

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by ManirBK: 6:46am On Oct 07, 2018
It's game over. These votes are only from registered party members. The PDP has to produce more than 15m votes to stand a chance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by naijapips04: 6:46am On Oct 07, 2018
shocked see better lies.
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by babadeee(m): 6:46am On Oct 07, 2018
I don’t even need to read it because na lie go full that speech angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by stiffy56(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2018
rubbish .......
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by whykay12(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2018
Apc already rigging the 2019 election before it even started.. How on earth the they vote in the primaries that Buhari got over 14 million vote.. Just wondering ��

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by Imustreturn(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2018
I liked the way una dey curse this man.. the same people wah shout change now dey curse am
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by seunlayi(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2018
We are doomed in this nation
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by seunlayi(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2018

Oh dead, where is thy strength? Can't dead come and repeat what it did to Nigeria in 1998?

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by rrikado(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2018
God bless you pmb, may God direct you on the good path to govern our dear country come 2019,then those ur enemies both PDP and idiotic pig of biafra will be put to shame

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by DiscussYes: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2018
I can't even read the speech wella wella, maybe because the speech is meaningless to me also lifeless!
Gud A.M, interested in making money online? Check my signature!
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by primeache: 6:51am On Oct 07, 2018
The election results have been concocted
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by omolola15(m): 6:51am On Oct 07, 2018
Mopolchi:
No be today we see Aboki with kettle. Na serious beating you gats expect in the coming election.

You do know that saraki’s account is a parody account. And that claim is untrue as well. I’m sure you know yet you choose to share it. Smh

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by fratermathy(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2018
So Buhari actually wants to recontest? I was expecting a last minute change of mind from him. Nigerian leaders are indeed something else.
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by babadeee(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2018
As I stand today before you, there is no honour greater than the confidence given to me by all of you when you affirmed my nomination. I thank you for your support. I thank you for your guidance. I thank you for staying committed to the CHANGE agenda.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/full-text-of-buharis-acceptance-speech-as-2019-apc-presidential-candidate/
[/quote] which CHANGE agenda? Because as for me up till now have been seeing worst in your government not change grin angry
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by hurlaryinkah(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2018
chieyine:
President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's incumbent President was chosen as the flag bearer of the ruling Party, The All Progressives Congress.
The President on his acceptance by members of his great party gave a speech which was made available to Naija Politico and reproduced below

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AND PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS IN THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the Chairman and members of the Convention Committee for planning and conducting this convention. The same appreciation goes to the chairmen of National and State Executive Committees of our party. Thank you very much for doing a difficult job well.

I would like to pay tribute to Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Chief Bisi Akande the first chairman of our great Party and to Chief John Oyegun who led the party until this year and all the APC Governors.

The result of the presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress this time is different because I am the only candidate. I thank all other eligible candidates who deferred to me in the interest of our party unity and over-all national stability.

Fellow party members, it is with a deep sense of humility that I stand before you today to accept the nomination of our party, the All Progressives Congress to be its candidate and flag-bearer in the 2019 presidential elections.

I accept this honour as a tribute and mark of confidence to carry the responsibility as we all join hands to continue the good work of the APC government to 2023 and beyond.

We are very proud of our record from 2015 to date:

We have arrested and checked the slide to anarchy on the security and economic fronts.

Boko Haram is reduced to dastardly attacks on soft targets. Normalcy has returned to much of North East and neighbouring North West states.

Our currency has stabilised. Our reserves are now $44 billion, a lot higher than we had in 2015.

Power generation capacity has reached 8,000 megawatts against less than 4,600 when we came into office. As we invest in new power generation infrastructure we are strenuously working to address the legacy deficiencies and challenges of transmission and distribution networks across the country.

We are executing Independent Power Projects in 9 Federal Universities to deliver uninterrupted power supply and we intend to expand to a total of 37 Universities

We have revived most of our capacity to produce fertilisers locally.

The Government through its Anchor Borrowers Programme and other incentives has empowered more than 2 million farmers to go back to the land. We now produce 80% of our rice requirements. Many farmers who nearly lost hope are now millionaires.

We have introduced primary school feeding programmes to encourage attendance and enrolment. We also have introduced the conditional cash transfer to help small and medium businesses, the men, the women and young people who drive our economy.

We have repaired and are repairing major arterial roads and starting major railway projects with the aim of linking the 36 states with efficient road and rail transportation systems.

We are attacking corruption head-on. With international support we are recovering Nigerian stolen assets and applying them to infrastructural developments.

Today the corrupt are facing the wrath of law and leakages have been generally blocked.

Mr. Chairman, Your Excellencies, Members of the APC.

We can be proud of our achievements. CHANGE has come. Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow Nigerians, think how much PDP Governments earned between 1999 to 2015. Think what they did with it.

Infrastructure down!

Security down! 18 local governments of Nigeria under control of a hostile army of insurgents,

Reserves depleted!

Bankruptcy around the corner.

What did they do with your money?

Internationally, Nigeria is now respected. My inter-action with foreign heads of state and government has been very encouraging. The international community is very supportive of our efforts to put our country in order.

Ladies and gentlemen, Members of APC. I thank you deeply for your support and confidence in me. I will not let you or the people of Nigeria down.

On to victory in 2019!
Long live APC!
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Thank you and God bless you all.

Dear Mr.President,
You have tried but much are still expected from you.To the best of my knowledge you have not done well in tackling security challenges Infact I will score your 25%,on the issue of employment people are suffering(I have Bsc and HND with both in Upper Classification but no job) and many other youths in category are jobless.No start up capital from Government to assist the youth going into entrepreneurship.Pls address all these issues as a matter of urgency!
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by excomarow(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2018
Omololu001:
I can bet all the money in my account on it,and even bet with my life that it was written for buhari, all what he do say is usually written for him,and he will read straight from the book. He hardly make sense when he speak offhand.

Mumu in the Making

Before Nnkoor!

What is the use of his Chief Press Secretary and other Special Assistants

3 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by Mopolchi: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2018
omolola15:

You do know that saraki’s account is a parody account. And that claim is untrue as well. I’m sure you know yet you choose to share it. Smh
I know it is a parody but there is an element of truth in the tweet.
Re: Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2018
Too much lies from an old man close to God..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: IGP Files 20 Grounds Of Appeal At Supreme Court. / Akeredolu: I Didn't Call Dor The Scrapping Of The Senate / EndSARS: Many Victims Already Received Compensation – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.