Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch (14176 Views)

2023: Ben Ayade Joins Presidential Race / Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH / David Mark Makes U-turn, Joins Presidential Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:57am On Oct 07, 2018
A former Vice President of the World Bank for Africa, Obiageli Ezekwesili, has formally declared her intention to run for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Ezekwesili made the declaration in a statement titled, ‘Why I am running for the Office of President’ and exclusively obtained by SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday.

She promised to announce her political party of choice on Sunday (today), vowing to build an army of patriots willing to pull down the stronghold, “that is, the two failed dominant political parties in Nigeria – the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party.”

According to her, it is way past time for Nigerians to unify and mobilise nationwide to rescue Nigeria from mediocrity and enthrone excellence as the guiding standard.

Ezekwesili said, “The pain of seeing us become a country where the worth of life is trending down to zero, sadness that we are now known as the world poverty capital with 87 million extremely poor Nigerians, and anguish at the increase in the number of out-of-school children constitute a driving force for seeking the office of the President.

“Trust in public officials completely waned, angst knowing that only 10 per cent out of three to four million young people entering the employment market every year will likely find jobs, and concern about the future of Nigeria as a strong indivisible nation are the issues that have also compelled me.

“I have fully persuaded myself to lead a people’s movement that will permanently terminate bad leadership, ethnic and religious divisions, mediocrity, and failures in governance. We, the people of Nigeria, shall run together and win.”

While stating her rationale for taking the step, she said, “Our political class continues with self-absorbed attitude of seeing power as an end in itself, thereby producing no material improvement in the lives of citizens. This compelled a change of direction for me.

“It is time to make citizens’ wellbeing the core focus of political leadership. It is time to reclaim our values that have become distorted and reduced Nigeria and Nigerians to ridicule by the rest of the world. It is time for leaders to offer exemplary and sacrificial service that will mobilise our people to build a cohesive, stable, and prosperous society in which every Nigerian has a stake.

“I want to run for, and win the 2019 presidential election to serve and put the citizens first by mobilising and taking decisive actions on a number of big ideas that will help all of us build an exceptional nation that our future generation will be proud to call their own.”

According to the statement, Ezekwesili, who recently made the shortlist for the Nobel Peace Prize by the Peace Research Institute, Oslo, Norway, owing to her “efforts in making the world more transparent and less corrupt,” plans to run an all-inclusive campaign that will change the direction and dynamics of politics in Nigeria.

The former minister of education stated that she had no choice at this stage but to subordinate her feelings against politics to her stronger passion for ending the old order political ways, “which have entrenched bad leadership and governance failure in the country.”

Ezekwesili, until recently, led the #BringBackOurGirls pressure group as co-convener.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ezekwesili-declares-presidential-bid-unveils-party-today/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by hucienda: 4:58am On Oct 07, 2018
This GE is between the APC and the PDP.

She can try her luck in five years' time.

10 Likes

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by EmekaMD(m): 5:00am On Oct 07, 2018
I really missed the Madam due process..
The Oby that indirectly campaigned for Buhari was a big shame

But I still applaud her for eventually speaking up against the "never knows anything' in aso rock

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by trillville(m): 5:04am On Oct 07, 2018
Wow
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Nogodye(m): 5:19am On Oct 07, 2018
A confused woman that want to misled us about the debt of Nigeria borrowed in China, thanks to Kunle Somoye that quickly enlightened us...

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by deji17: 5:28am On Oct 07, 2018
Like someone rightly mentioned, all these wailing opposition PDP and the legbegbe mushroom parties will end up dividing each other votes , leaving APC to coast home to victory.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by jerryunit48: 6:10am On Oct 07, 2018
A scam to take a few PDP votes but the question is who sponsored her ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by slivertongue: 6:22am On Oct 07, 2018
Aunty Oby why waste ur little resources? u know u wont win so enjoy ur sai baba.

bt we will send him home come 2019

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by fagbalex(m): 6:23am On Oct 07, 2018
Can't wait for the show, she's indeed a woman of integrity.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Realdeals(m): 6:27am On Oct 07, 2018
Okay, when will her party conduct their primary election, she should remember that INEC deadline is October 9th.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Basic123: 6:32am On Oct 07, 2018
Forget it, your Igbo sisters and brothers will still prefer their slavery to their AFONJA fulani muslim overlord Saraki

That one Don press their mumu bottom ... unfortunately,he will not win the primary election.Whatever IPOB slaves and terrorists support will never succeed ask fayose,eleka,Jimi Agbaje,nnamdi kanu, Ojukwu etc!

18 Likes

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Tolexander: 6:46am On Oct 07, 2018
Make she go siddon for one place jare!
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Masama: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2018
She wan contest? shocked
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 07, 2018
Happy Sunday guys
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by loomer: 6:49am On Oct 07, 2018
you don come again
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by tayo4ng(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2018
I ll also announce mine tomorrow, see wat Buhari as course in this country everybody now think he or she can do better because of his woeful performance,it as never been like this before, in PDP alone 12 candidate jostling for Buhari seat. His incompetency tribalism as shown that anybody can via for number seat in the country.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Carlyscales: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2018
Hmmm!
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by ednut1(m): 6:50am On Oct 07, 2018
Ode
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Exponental(m): 6:50am On Oct 07, 2018
And she coordinated the CUPP thing..... Anyway, it's all about APC vs PDP. Others are contesting for ' 2nd best loser'.
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by PassingShot(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2018
At least, our IPOBites and their sympathizers won't say they don't have one of their own to vote for.

Donald Duke and Oby Ezekwesili are now in the race.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Haphard(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2018
Nigeria population is 160 million or so with numerous political parties
United State of America 320 million or so with TWO political party
China 1 billion or so with 7 political parties
Is Nigeria not done for in the hands of this politicians bayi??
We need Help

1 Like

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2018
fagbalex:
Can't wait for the show, she's indeed a woman of integrity.

She's using our party oooo
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Kdon2: 6:55am On Oct 07, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ezekwesili-declares-presidential-bid-unveils-party-today/amp/

We don't need loud mouth like you, its okonjo iweala Nigeria need as first female president in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by hackman34: 6:55am On Oct 07, 2018
Why does she want to waste her time. I guess she wants popularity
15 Tips to be a Good Girlfriend to Your Boyfriend
https://realinfos.tk/15-tips-good-girlfriend-boyfriend/
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by naijapips04: 6:56am On Oct 07, 2018
Nogodye:
A confused woman that want to misled us about the debt of Nigeria borrowed in China, thanks to Kunle Somoye that quickly enlightened us...

Kunle the daft economist is not fit to touch the helm of obys gament.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Chisaedhor: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2018
: Did
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Chisaedhor: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by rxmusa(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2018
Now it's glaringly obvious why she was maligning the current government.
First, she expected an appointment in Buhari's cabinet for partaking in BBOG campaign, when she wasn't considered, she went haywire.
Secondly, she has been attacking everything about this government
Thirdly, she has been trying to be in the news by all means including one-man protest gimmick
Finally, she has revealed her aim = The Presidency.

We patriotic Nigerians know what's best for us.

I'm just an Insightful Observer

1 Like

Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by DiscussYes: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2018
Everybody sha wan become president for naija! i tire oo

Gud A.M, interested in making money online? Check my signature!
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by Akios63(m): 7:00am On Oct 07, 2018
If She Runs For President and She Is Voted For Then We are In Deep Trouble
Re: 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch by sakbio(m): 7:01am On Oct 07, 2018
This is a good idea, it is just that she has no or little chance in winning the election because most of the people complain will not vote for her. Sincerely speaking my vote is for her if at all I will vote because of her integrity, love for nation, fearless and her competence. It is a good trial. Imagine an aspirant given as much as 5k dollar for each delegate for vote, where do u expect them to get the money back.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku: Promising To Restructure Nigeria In 6 Months Is A 'big Lie' - Keyamo / Buhari Planning To Smuggle New Certificate To INEC Through Backdoor – FFK / FG Declares State Of Emergency In Tomatoes Subsector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.