Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,459 members, 7,850,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State (6327 Views)

Boko Haram Is Jihad On Christians - Rev Akinola / We're Planning A 'war' On Christians - Boko Haram / Boko Haram's Leader Abubakar Shekau Defends Attacks On Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 13, 2010
It is sad news.

My sincere sympathies to all those that have been killed.

It is not helpful to just insult northerners we need to look at why these killings are happening and address them.

We must blame our leaders for the fact that these killings happen so frequently and that they have not found a way to prevent them and deter perpetrators.

To end tribal killings, each and everyone of us must start by working  on our prejudice tolerance, respect  and acceptance of other tribes. A responsible government would be encouraging this to take place with public education and awareness campaigns.

I pray that we can get a proper government one day very soon, who would take putting an end to tribal feuding, very seriously.

God bless our nation.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by Rastamann: 2:17am On Jul 13, 2010
What are christains and southerns still doing in the North? All southerns should leave the North for their own interest.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by chelseabmw(m): 6:29am On Jul 13, 2010
Not again
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2010
The Question is, Who masterminds the attack ? Believe you me, A fellow is sponsoring the attacks.

1. Gun men in military uniform
2. Police/Military left the village a day before the attack citing unpaid Salaries

Look, some people just have to die for Nigeria to see peace, lets stop being religiously cowardice. Someone sponsors these attacks and should be sentenced to death.

When will I be given chance to run a ministry of justice ?

LeoMax
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by olapo(f): 10:13am On Jul 13, 2010
i just hope they don't hurt youth corp members serving there, it really sucks, no be their fault na d stupid people wey join diffferent tribes together to be one nation, we for just be like USA and IRAQ now,
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2010
dis people are terrible, are we not supppose to be brothers. is there no thou shall not kill in their holy book?.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by 13volts(m): 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2010
truly:

Do you honestly believe that this Release International will report any attack by Christians on Muslims?

you are damn right Not at all
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by baslone: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2010
Like the Jos situation that has been going on for a
very long time but Reports only sprang out when
it started gettin outta hand.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by kobikwelu(m): 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2010
the police left because their salaries were not paid, and then the massacre happened again

talk about coincidence
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by Jentletom(m): 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2010
Nawa 4nija wetn b d cos of dis fightn evrytim na dose mumu senators and top gov.oficials wey fight tia dem pant nadem cos al dis fightn

Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by informatix: 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2010
Abeg na lie people like you are supposed to be lynched for spredding rumours i lived in kaduna. Nothing like that happen. idiot shameless man.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by Anabel(f): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2010
why do some ppl derive pleasure in killing others, why are they heartless, God save us, the world is coming to an end, beginning with Nigeria, especially northern side.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by cystein(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
The govt should do it the Iran way. Kill christians the government will torture and maim muslims to tell who was involved and they be eliminated with family and friends. The same applies when a muslim is killed. That will stabelize the uncouth behaviour.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by vescucci(m): 12:29am On Jul 14, 2010
People spread rumours for no other reason than the silly sensation it builds. Some cattle farmers in one outskirt village had a dispute about something and some people died and it is suddenly a religious war? In the north, the 'Muslims' are mostly from a certain set of tribes and the 'Christians' are mostly from another set of tribes. When they fight, it looks like it is religious but it is actually tribal. And the 'Christians' kill as many of the Muslims as the other way round. They're not sitting ducks minding their business.

It's just as if Tutsi people were predominantly Muslim and Hutu (?) were predominantly Christian. It won't be long before they start seeing their religions as extensions of their tribes. And it won't be long before people call if religious warfare. It's the same with Arabs and Jews.

Northerners are generally very violent and temperamental. Why don't Muslims kill Christians in other parts of the country? And vice versa?
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by udezue(m): 2:18am On Jul 14, 2010
After all these years of nonstop attacks by muslims its quite dumb that Christians in the North still rely on incompetent army and police to protect them when they should form their own bakassi style militia to wipe those sons of Satan away anytime they misbehave.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by baslone: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2010
vescucci:

People spread rumours for no other reason than the silly sensation it builds. Some cattle farmers in one outskirt village had a dispute about something and some people died and it is suddenly a religious war? In the north, the 'Muslims' are mostly from a certain set of tribes and the 'Christians' are mostly from another set of tribes. When they fight, it looks like it is religious but it is actually tribal. And the 'Christians' kill as many of the Muslims as the other way round. They're not sitting ducks minding their business.

It's just as if Tutsi people were predominantly Muslim and Hutu (?) were predominantly Christian. It won't be long before they start seeing their religions as extensions of their tribes
. And it won't be long before people call if religious warfare. It's the same with Arabs and Jews.

Northerners are generally very violent and temperamental. Why don't Muslims kill Christians in other parts of the country? And vice versa?

W. O. R. D!!!!
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by MaiSuya(m): 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2010
vescucci:

It's just as if Tutsi people were predominantly Muslim and Hutu (?) were predominantly Christian. It won't be long before they start seeing their religions as extensions of their tribes. And it won't be long before people call if religious warfare. It's the same with Arabs and Jews.

Quite a beautiful peace, though I disagree with:

Northerners are generally very violent and temperamental.

Where on earth did you get that from?
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by truly: 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5594020-146/four_die_in_religious_violence_.csp

Four die in religious violence

"Violence between Christians and Muslims in Taraba state has resulted in bloodshed leaving at least four people dead, a police official said.

Taraba State Police Commissioner, Aliyu Musa said the killings started on Tuesday in the community of Bukari after Christian youth became angry over the location of a mosque. He told The Associated Press on Wednesday that a group of young people burned down the mosque, which caused a counterattack by Muslims.

Sources said security agents intervened this morning eventually restoring calm to the community. Violence between Christians and Muslims in neighbouring Plateau state earlier this year left a trail of dead bodies in its wake."

Will Release International report this true story. No
Will they invent rumour. Yes
Do they really love us. No
so why? They want a tattered country

If there is a true religious violence, the national dailies will report
Let us now react to this objectively.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by JaaizTech: 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
informatix:

Abeg na lie people like you are supposed to be lynched for spredding rumours i lived in kaduna. Nothing like that happen. shameless man.

My brother; I weak o!. I was stunned when I read the news o!; I live in Kaduna too, omo I no hear anything like this o; And I trust my colleagues at work, this kind of news would spread across to everybody; in fact we would have been told to close work early the day it supposedly happened.

But for sure this one happen, and for sure it never makes headlines:
Christian Youths attack MUslims in Taraba; Brought down an almost completed Mosque
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5594020-146/four_die_in_religious_violence_.csp

Violence between Christians and Muslims in Taraba state has resulted in bloodshed leaving at least four people dead, a police official said.

Taraba State Police Commissioner, Aliyu Musa said the killings started on Tuesday in the community of Bukari after Christian youth became angry over the location of a mosque. He told The Associated Press on Wednesday that a group of young people burned down the mosque, which caused a counterattack by Muslims.

Sources said security agents intervened this morning eventually restoring calm to the community. Violence between Christians and Muslims in neighbouring Plateau state earlier this year left a trail of dead bodies in its wake.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
JaaizTech:

My brother; I weak o!. I was stunned when I read the news o!; I live in Kaduna too, omo I no hear anything like this o; And I trust my colleagues at work, this kind of news would spread across to everybody; in fact we would have been told to close work early the day it supposedly happened.

But for sure this one happen, and for sure it never makes headlines:
Christian Youths attack MUslims in Taraba; Brought down an almost completed Mosque

Violence between Christians and Muslims in Taraba state has resulted in bloodshed leaving at least four people dead, a police official said.

Sources said security agents intervened this morning eventually restoring calm to the community. Violence between Christians and Muslims in neighbouring Plateau state earlier this year left a trail of dead bodies in its wake.

what happened to RELIGION TOLERANCE in this country ? Whenever the muslims hit the christains,every media houses including CNN would report on it but the reverse is the case when the christain hit first.you hardly get to hear about it.until we learn to address both sides,then we can begin to find a lasting solution to the religious outbreak in the north.
blaming one side and defending the other because of sentiments will not bring peaces to the region.all we needed is a holistic approach devoid of sentiments.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by baslone: 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2010
Exactly!!!!!
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by truly: 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2010
udezue:

After all these years of nonstop attacks by muslims its quite dumb that Christians in the North still rely on incompetent army and police to protect them when they should form their own bakassi style militia to wipe those sons of Satan away anytime they misbehave.
Now that we know that the story is untrue, would you like to review your position
Now that you know that christains just attacked muslims first, what is your opinion

I am a muslim, but I know that one of the articles of any faith is for an adherent to comply with the injunctions of a religion, no matter the provocation

Any muslim who because he believes muslims are wronged kills himself (eg through suicide bombing) is no longer following the rules of islam
In his mind, he is fighting for Islam, but in actual fact, he is taking himself out of the fold of Islam

Similarly, unless christians have been lying to us, I believe that any christian who in annoyance attacks people is also taking himself out of christianity
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by siapaya(m): 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2010
I think is not about protecting the christian or the moslem, but is all about how the government need to protect the law and it's citizen. Strong law and constant implementation will finish this kind of clashes.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by MeAboki(m): 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what happened to RELIGION TOLERANCE in this country ? [b]Whenever the muslims hit the christains,every media houses including CNN would report on it but the reverse is the case when the christain hit first.you hardly get to hear about it.[/b]until we learn to address both sides,then we can begin to find a lasting solution to the religious outbreak in the north.
blaming one side and defending the other because of sentiments will not bring peaces to the region.all we needed is a holistic approach devoid of sentiments.

Why are you so surprised

The media is a very powerful tool that can be used to shape and control human mindset and perception, often at the disposal of politicians, powerful groups and governments, to manupulate people along their agenda - propaganda.

It is not a secret that majority of media houses (print and electronic) in Nigeria as well as in the Western world (Europe and America) are owned, manned, managed and teleguided by christians. 
Just tell me why therefore should you expect objectivity when they are reporting about Muslims or Islam.

We muslims have become acustomed to this bias and remain hopeful that; from time to time incidences of double standards such as the one we see would eventually help bring out the truth about the role the media is playing, through its commissions and ommissions in reporting religious conflicts especially beween christians and muslims in this counry and worldwide.

However, I remain hopeful that one day Insha Allah that both christians and muslims would wake up and come to realise how they are being manupulated to see each other as mutual enemies -just to serve the interest of a few.
Re: New Attacks On Christians In Kaduna State by Akosbaba(m): 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2010
I think this has nothing to do with sectarianism just like it was during the hitler days,it's just the stupid desire of some pple to see others suffer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pix Of Kaduna Refinery Just Started Working. / Biafra Officially Participates In Boxing In Thailand Beats An Iranian To Stupor / #ENDSARS :: Tinubu Son Seyi Jets Out To. London With His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.