Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

On Dangote And His Police Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Dangote And His Police Cars (1561 Views)

VP Shettima Meets With Bill Gates, Dangote And State Governors (Video, Photos) / Dangote And Otedola At Eagles Square For Democracy Day Celebration (Photos) / Abba Kyari And His Police Team Carry Out Successful Operation. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Dangote And His Police Cars by lordsterlin(m): 7:52am On Oct 07, 2018
Something has bothered me. Police men riding in Dangote vehicles.

I saw then in Owerri. They are all over Lagos. They are everywhere in abuja. They are all over Kano.

How can we let a man sponsor the police?

I have thought about it. Yes the police are poorly funded. And they have no functional vehicles. So can’t we just let those who have money donate money and cars to the police?

Well, that makes sense.

But what about stretching it further. So we let one man build and brand Judiciary courts. And we let another build and brand Nigerian prisons and we let another buy dresses for the DSS and leave his company’s logo on them.

The police service is not the Red Cross or Boys’ Brigade. It is the soul of the state. How can the police that ride in Dangote’s vehicles contain Aliko Dangote and his company?

The very idea of private sponsorship of the police corrupts the understanding of the average policeman. If the police can accept cars from Dangote, then a DPO can accept a cash gift from an Alaba trader to fuel them.

Where then shall we stop?

Certain things should be preserved. The criminal justice system must be protected from genuine and dubious philanthropy. They damage public faith in the neutrality and professionalism of those institutions.

Dangote can donate cars and machines to hospitals. There are a million avenues to dispose trillions of dollars of charity in this country.

Imagine Bill Gates funding the FBI.

If Dangote is bothered about security then he can strike a deal with the government. He can fund the teaching hospitals and ask the government to give the money due teaching hospitals to the police.

What else do you want me to say?

The Dangote inscriptions on Police vehicles that litter this country makes her a Banana Republic. No, a pawpaw Republic. Why must his name be inscribed on them?

Imagine rushing into a police station to report a case against Dangote. And the only vehicle available for the arrest is a brand new Police Chinese car with the name of Dangote written all over it.

Who knows? Tomorrow it could be the turn of the Army. And you will see names of individual businessmen on their battle tanks.

How did Nigeria get to this sorry state?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by slimfit1(m): 7:58am On Oct 07, 2018
Hausa backward thinking from IGP catch me if you can.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by warem(m): 7:59am On Oct 07, 2018
To be continued
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:00am On Oct 07, 2018
Bad belle .
You will rant ! Just because it’s Dangote and not Chukudi or Flattino

3 Likes

Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by JudasNaCarrot: 8:01am On Oct 07, 2018
Nigeria is completely finished or finished completely under this stupid idiotic uneducated Fulani terrorist Buhari.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by slimfit1(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Bad belle .

Sign of poor education warning get sense in Jesus name. It's not done anywhere in the world. The igp has broken my laws and it only happens when you put Hausa man as igp. Check all the other ethnicity they all have good human right records. This man is as clueless as the president.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:10am On Oct 07, 2018
slimfit1:

Sign of poor education warning get sense in Jesus name. It's not done anywhere in the world. The igp has broken my laws and it only happens when you put and Hausa igp. Check all the other ethnicity they all have good human right records.
Thank you for clearing my doubts .
Clown ! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 07, 2018
thats too bad because on May 1 there was a russian scientist named Josovochorchid voahcochillichvuichi le. why didnt you read the name ? I'm not going to continue my story.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by BigIyanga: 8:14am On Oct 07, 2018
Thinking ahead of your peers.. Naija is not ready for such an intellectual discourse.. pls bring down ur brain to Naija default settings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by slimfit1(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Bad belle .

Go get sense abeg.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by blackpanda: 8:18am On Oct 07, 2018
Op u are right

Its very dangerous. Dangote wields way too much power. I don't understand d rationale behind this.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by Pivotal: 8:18am On Oct 07, 2018
Wailing of another Igbo
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by blackpanda: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2018
slimfit1:

Sign of poor education warning get sense in Jesus name. It's not done anywhere in the world. The igp has broken my laws and it only happens when you put Hausa man as igp. Check all the other ethnicity they all have good human right records. This man is as clueless as the president.

You don't have to be racist to make a point. Your tribe (whatever it is) enjoys no intellectual superiority over others!
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by jhubril(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2018
You are one of the LAST FOOLS on earth.

1 Like

Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by CanineOfJackal: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Bad belle .
You were calling yourself a contractor in Osun thread but your post looks so infantile that my neighbor 7 year old daughter has a higher IQ than you. You are a disgrace to yourself
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:35am On Oct 07, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
You were calling yourself a contractor in Osun thread but your post looks so infantile that my neighbor 7 year old daughter has a higher IQ than you. You are a disgrace to yourself
Where did I call myself a contractor
Do you have amnesia? cheesy
Clown cheesy
Go and remove the IGP and put Ebuka or Chukudi there. Clown cheesy

1 Like

Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by omoiyalayi(m): 8:37am On Oct 07, 2018
Op you nail it succinctly

This thought ve been running Tru my mind since

And police law is against it o

Dangote alone is capable of riding almanjiris in all kano streets, but choose to dash Nigeria police the money

Hmmmmmmmm
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by Partnerbiz(f): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2018
I see sense in this.
It will fetter their discretion to act fairly.

Make cash by selling airtime to us at juicy rates.

Also come for cheap data.

Na dem dey rush us now oo.. shocked

See over 723 testimonies from members here below.

Nkea bu nke anyi.
042 Amaka.
Otu Onicha amakazi
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by slimfit1(m): 9:10am On Oct 07, 2018
blackpanda:

You don't have to be racist to make a point. Your tribe (whatever it is) enjoys no intellectual superiority over others!

It's just an observation Abacha this government is looking like Abacha's government.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by FarahAideed: 9:10am On Oct 07, 2018
When I complained about this earlier some fools say I was being jealous of Dangote
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by chacoonder(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2018
I don't think there is anything wrong in it.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by Almaiga: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2018
Trash.
Dangote is a patriot who cares about the security of this Country.
Besides, what stops Nnamdi Kanu or Emma Powerful from replicating this gesture? Bunch of hypocrites.
If you get money, hide your face. grin

God bless me,
God bless Dangote,
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by lereinter(m): 10:56am On Oct 07, 2018
this tread is too concised for ordinary nigerians i mean people who have less or equal amount of brain level as buhari to understand

it also happen in every sphere of nig life not only even dangote

why didnt dangote grp access the security trust fund for her csr
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2018
BigIyanga:
Thinking ahead of your peers.. Naija is not ready for such an intellectual discourse.. pls bring doeb ur brain to Naija default settings

The way Nigerians think is very obsolete,very sad
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by maasoap(m): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2018
lordsterlin:

Something has bothered me. Police men riding in Dangote vehicles.

How did Nigeria get to this sorry state?

There is no big deal in individuals or organisations donating to the police. The same practice occurs in USA and other countries where their police are far better funded by the government than here in Nigeria. As long as the individuals or organisations donating are not tainted by crime or negative things.
Donating to the police doesn't mean that you'll be above the law of the land. Various individuals and organisations have cases in courts against Dangote.
What I thought that you would be talking about was the issue of "DANGOTE" boldly written on the cars. The police and FG shouldn't have agreed to that condition. It is like they're advertising his brands of good and services.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by maasoap(m): 11:23am On Oct 07, 2018
omoiyalayi:
Op you nail it succinctly

This thought ve been running Tru my mind since

And police law is against it o

Dangote alone is capable of riding almanjiris in all kano streets, but choose to dash Nigeria police the money

Hmmmmmmmm

The same way Bill Gates and Zuckerberg have capabilities to ride all the junkies and homeless people off the streets of USA but decided to be doing "philanthropy" across the globe. My point is that they believe that it's their money and that they reserve the right to give whoever they wish.
Re: On Dangote And His Police Cars by omoiyalayi(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2018
maasoap:

The same way Bill Gates and Zuckerberg have capabilities to ride all the junkies and homeless people off the streets of USA but decided to be doing "philanthropy" across the globe. My point is that they believe that it's their money and that they reserve the right to give whoever they wish.

You ve a point

I thought same too

(1) (Reply)

Behold The New Federal Civil Service Commission Chairman / Memo To Mrs Abike Dabiri-erewa, An Ethnic Champion .. / Witnesses: INEC Cancelled Akpabio’s Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.