Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? (4086 Views)

Nigeria Will Work If South East Works - Vice President Shettima / 'Ndigbo Republic, Not Biafra May Emerge If South-East Fail To Produce President' / APC Asks Atiku: You Were Vice President For Eight Years, Why Didn't You Restruct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by JaceBlaze: 10:29am On Oct 07, 2018
How did African countries get it wrong even after so many years of their respective liberation? how did a country that was liberated only two decades ago (South Africa) end up being the gateway to the rest Africa?...

And to those who always claim that the benefits they enjoy today is because of the long years of white rule,well it's half truth and half lie.We can't deny that Apartheid ended up working to their advantage but there are too many things that blacks in South Africa didn't have access to before 1994,and besides,I think the "white rule" excuse is now overplayed since almost all infrastructure in Africa was built by colonisers.

I feel lazy to write long paragraphs,but I just want to know:where did the rest of Africa really go wrong?

8 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by matrixmuzi: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2018
Make no mistake bro. Blacks are cursed. Check all countries with white hair amongst them and see how progressives and developed they are and then check other countries with only blacks then u will know the difference . Blacks due to their curse will always be slaves and below the white. Check out Nigeria and the way the rulers are behaving that's why Hitler called us half apes. Check out other African countries with white skin do u see how developed they are? Then check the others that are mainly blacks. Now u will know the answer to your problem .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by xbernardx(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2018
The man above, please I am not cursed, I still black and proud to be

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by JaceBlaze: 11:16am On Oct 07, 2018
matrixmuzi:
Make no mistake bro. Blacks are cursed. Check all countries with white hair amongst them and see how progressives and developed they are and then check other countries with only blacks then u will know the difference . Blacks due to their curse will always be slaves and below the white. Check out Nigeria and the way the rulers are behaving that's why Hitler called us half apes. Check out other African countries with white skin do u see how developed they are? Then check the others that are mainly blacks. Now u will know the answer to your problem .
I think blacks suffered mental poisoning for a very long time,they have been told that they can't survive without the white race,that they are only better off as slaves because that's the only time they can ever be productive ...and people like you are proving them right

Many Asian countries are still messed up to this day,but do you ever hear them say that it's a curse?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by CLASSMAN: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2018
matrixmuzi:
how about Zimbabwe?
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Arda1000(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2018
Dont be misinformed,they are many african countries doing well,ony that nigeria like other oil producing african countries choose not to develop

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by matrixmuzi: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
JaceBlaze:
I think blacks suffered mental poisoning for a very long time,they have been told that they can't survive without the white race,that they are only better off as slaves because that's the only time they can ever be productive ...and people like you are proving them right

Many Asian countries are still messed up to this day,but do you ever hear them say that it's a curse?

Don't get me wrong . Give a black man all it takes to survive and he will still fail. Remove the white influence. Either he brings in religion , ethnicity ,hate and greed . That is what I mean by curse. It has been proven for a long time. What in this world has a black made in Africa that is being used all over the world without having western influence .Even the soccer and music has taken us far due the technology of the whites. Is this not a curse? Only when we start to do away with all those ills then we can progress.

8 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by HarryDuce(m): 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
matrixmuzi:

Don't get me wrong . Give a black man all it takes to survive and he will still fail. Remove the white influence. Either he brings in religion , ethnicity ,hate and greed . That is what I mean by curse. It has been proven for a long time. What in this world has a black made in Africa that is being used all over the world without having western influence .Even the soccer and music has taken us far due the technology of the whites. Is this not a curse? Only when we start to do away with all those ills then we can progress.
This one is suffering from mental slavery.

I have no words for you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by GMbuharii: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2019
CLASSMAN:

how about Zimbabwe?

My friend what's the state of Zimbabwe ever since late Mugabe literally drove the whites away after seizing their lands and handling over same to black farmers who are nothing but peasants and subsistence farmers? Zimbabwean dollar used to bevery strong but today it's the worst in Africa

10 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by orisa37: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
HarryDuce:

I have no words for you.

You don't just Understand what he is saying.

So please stop insulting and harassing others with madness.

10 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by tpiar: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
JaceBlaze:
How did African countries get it wrong even after so many years of their respective liberation? how did a country that was liberated only two decades ago (South Africa) end up being the gateway to the rest Africa?...

And to those who always claim that the benefits they enjoy today is because of the long years of white rule,well it's half truth and half lie.We can't deny that Apartheid ended up working to their advantage but there are too many things that blacks in South Africa didn't have access to before 1994,and besides,I think the "white rule" excuse is now overplayed since almost all infrastructure in Africa was built by colonisers.

I feel lazy to write long paragraphs,but I just want to know:where did the rest of Africa really go wrong?

South Africa got her independence in 1934.

Democratic rule began in 1994.

Is that what you mean @ bolded.

10 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by orisa37: 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
GMbuharii:

My friend what's the state of Zimbabwe ever since late Mugabe literally drove the whites away after seizing their lands and handling over same to black farmers who are nothing but peasants and subsistence farmers? Zimbabwean dollar used to bevery strong but today it's the worst in Africa

Zimbabwe is a victim of The Colonizers' witch-hunt and brass wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by tpiar: 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by GMbuharii: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
orisa37:

Zimbabwe is a victim of The Colonizers' witch-hunt and brass wickedness.
Then kindly tell us about Libya when Gaddafi was in power with all the sanctions..

1 Like

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by ahaz: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
HarryDuce:

I have no words for you.
people like you are the problem of the black race..pls show me any iota of lie in what the poster or the guy you quoted posted..Take my advice,learn to make peace with the truth any were you see one.

7 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by babasolution: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
GMbuharii:

Then kindly tell us about Libya when Gaddafi was in power with all the sanctions..

libya,had oil,their population also minimal,
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by ofeco: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
Arda1000:
Dont be misinformed,they are many african countries doing well,ony that nigeria like other oil producing african countries choose not to develop
please mention the names of the all black African nations that are doing well?

1 Like

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Arda1000(m): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
ofeco:

ure really uninformed,Bostwana am sure google the rest.

5 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by sagitariusbaby(m): 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
Arda1000:
ure really uninformed,Bostwana am sure google the rest.

Rwanda, Namibia, Gabon and so many others

5 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Arda1000(m): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
sagitariusbaby:

Rwanda, Namibia, Gabon and so many others
bros u correct,u sabi joor

6 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by FarahAideed: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
matrixmuzi:

Even in America or UK check any good inhabited by only blacks and it looks like some dirty part of Lagos

3 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by AAEEI: 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2019
ofeco:

Seychelles, Botswana, several countries in the Carribbean. Rwanda is getting it right; but it not there yet. Remove Gabon; it is a corruption-ridden as Nigeria.

But I do agree with the OP that the black man suffers from greed, tribalism, nepotism, lack of rule of law, religiosity, and selfishness to a far greater extent than others. Such combination is very toxic for development.

6 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by wirinet(m): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
AAEEI:

Seychelles, Botswana, several countries in the Carribbean. Rwanda is getting it right; but it not there yet. Remove Gabon; it is a corruption-ridden as Nigeria.

But I do agree with the OP that the black man suffers from greed, tribalism, nepotism, lack of rule of law, religiosity, and selfishness to a far greater extent than others. Such combination is very toxic for development.
You forgot to add sex, ceremonies, titles, vanity and most important of all lack of acquisition and dissemination of knowledge.

7 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Amujale(m): 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
JaceBlaze:

Dont mind that poster he doesnt speak for anyone, is suffering from inferiority complex.

African history is the richest and most productive in the history of human kind; in itself begins in Africa.

All the best inventions in the world are mainly those of the African. i.e Architecture, Art, Commerce, Literacy, Numeracy, Philosophy, Science e.t.c

According to history, humanity began in Africa and our ancestors went on to populate the other continents.

5 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by AAEEI: 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
wirinet:

You forgot to add sex, ceremonies, titles, vanity and most important of all lack of acquisition and dissemination of knowledge.
Nigeria is not more sexualized and vain than America. I agree with the bolded parts

1 Like

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by wirinet(m): 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
Amujale:

Dont mind that poster he doesnt speak for anyone, is suffering from inferiority complex.
It's not inferiority complex, it's the reality on the ground. All black African communities are doing poorly.

African history is the richest and most productive in the history of human kind; in itself begins in Africa.
Which history? Is it history written for us by outsiders or history written by our own historians.

All the best inventions in the world are mainly those of the African. i.e Architecture, Art, Commerce, Literacy, Numeracy, Philosophy, Science e.t.c
Why not list the best inventions created by black Africa? Where are the architectural masterpieces, where are the literature, science, Numeracy of black Africa stored. The oldest written texts (cuneiform texts) were found in Iraq. Where is our own?

According to history, humanity began in Africa and our ancestors went on to populated the other continents.

Yes humans is said to have began in Africa, but those that left fared much better than those left behind.

4 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Rosskiki: 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
JaceBlaze:

You are IGNORANT beyond words. Try to research before commenting on things you know NOTHING about. Such as your dumb claim that ''almost all infrastructure in Africa was built by colonisers''. Name ONE road in Nigeria that you know was built by the colonialists. JUST ONE. Not to mention expressways or power stations. Or airports. Or flyovers and bridges. ANSWER: 0.

EVERYTHING you see in Nigeria today by way of infrastructure was built by NIGERIANS after independence, not the British colonialists. Same applies to ALL black African countries. THEY built their current infrastructure, NOT white colonialists.

The South Africa you are writing about, you are similarly clueless of. The ONLY reason SA is advanced today is that the colonialists who seized power a couple hundred years ago there REINVESTED that country's export proceeds from gold, into the country, such that by the 1940s, SA was already a developed country. They built their first universities as early as the 1880s!! Same as power stations, roads, bridges, rail networks etc. The reason the colonialists did this was because there was a huge white settler community there that regarded SA as their country.

Now contrast this with what the colonialists did in their fully black African territories. All we see is exploitation and near ZERO investment of export earnings in the respective countries, including Nigeria, which only got her first university in 1962, AFTER the end of white rule. Her first power plant, Kainji dam, was built in 1964 and commissioned by the Balewa govt. Prior to that there was NO NATIONAL GRID. The whites simply imported industrial generators to power the areas they lived in like Ikoyi and GRAs around the nation.

So the rest of black Africa is playing catch up to SA because we only started developing in the 1960s, AFTER INDEPENDENCE, while SA has been developing and building itself up since the 1800s.

SO TRY AND LEARN THE ACTUAL HISTORY OF THE CONTINENT YOU ARE WRITING ABOUT BEFORE INFESTING THIS FORUM WITH YOUR RACIAL COMPLEX AND IGNORANCE.

9 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by wirinet(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2019
AAEEI:

Nigeria is not more sexualized and vain than America. I agree with the bolded parts
I am not referring to Nigerians in particular but blacks in general. Black's are far more sexual active than other races and we are much more fertile. Our population rate is good testimony.

1 Like

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by wirinet(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Rosskiki:

You are IGNORANT beyond words. Try to research before commenting on things you know NOTHING about. Such as your dumb claim that ''almost all infrastructure in Africa was built by colonisers''. Name ONE road in Nigeria that you know was built by the colonialists. JUST ONE. Not to mention expressways or power stations. ANSWER: 0. EVERYTHING you see in Nigeria today by way of infrastructure was built by NIGERIANS after independence, not the British colonialists.

The South Africa you are writing about, you are similarly clueless. The ONLY reason SA is advanced today is that the colonialists who seized power a couple hundred years ago there REINVESTED that country's export proceeds from gold, into the country, such that by the 1940s, SA was already a developed country. They built their first universities as early as the 1880s!! Same as power stations, roads, bridges, rail networks etc. The reason the colonialists did this was because there was a huge white settler community there that regarded SA as their country.

Now contrast this with what the colonialists did in their fully black African territories. All we see is exploitation and near ZERO investment of export earnings in the respective countries, including Nigeria, which only got her first university in 1962, AFTER the end of white rule. Her first power plant was built in 1964 and commissioned by the Balewa govt. Prior to that there was NO NATIONAL GRID. The whites simply imported industrial generators to power the areas they lived in like Ikoyi and GRAs around the nation.

So the rest of black Africa is playing catch up to SA because we only started developing in the 1960s, AFTER INDEPENDENCE, while SA has been developing and building itself up since the 1800s.

I totally agree with you that we were disadvantaged from the beginning. The British were only interested in exploitation and not development. But.. God gave us amply opportunity to develop ourselves better, but we blew it. The country was awash with petrol dollars not long after independence, what did we do? We were more interested in stupid power play and greed. We had no vision whatsoever on building a developed society. We took to primitive impulses of crass materialism and consumption without building a productive base. We did not invest in developmental education like science and technology, but only interested in educational degrees and titles. We dug ourselves into a hole that is very difficult to get out.

The British were masters of manipulation. Have you ever wondered how a very small country like Britain with a tiny population was able to colonized India, a continent on its own with massive population (and I am not talking about present day India alone, but with Pakistan and Bangladesh ). They simply played the people against each other. So you can never divorce from the instability from local power play and greed. The British needed to play the tribes and region against each other to obtain and retain power. Even the religion you are talking about is part of the tool the British used to divide us. Ever wonder why the British had better relations and favoured the Islamic north?

The British never bothered to build schools and the missionaries built schools to convert children to Christianity, so where did you expect the people to obtain developmental education like science and technology from?

6 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Rosskiki: 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
GMbuharii:

Dummy, Zimbabwe HAD to pay the price of western sanctions for RIGHTFULLY redistributing its land away from 95% ownership by its 5% white minority population.

Today, Zimbabwe is recovering from the sanctions and life is improving, UNDER A NOW REDISTRIBUTED NATIONAL WEALTH. The people are no longer slaves and peasants on their ancestral land, and actually have a FUTURE. For this, ALL AFRICA has Robert Mugabe and the ZANU PF party to thank. YOU can go and dash your ancestral land to white Europeans if that makes you feel a better slave. Zimbabweans said NO. And RIGHTFULLY SO.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by IronGalaxy: 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
Amujale:

According to history, humanity began in Africa and our ancestors went on to populated the other continents.
100 % Correct!

3 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Rosskiki: 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
wirinet:

I totally agree with you that we were disadvantaged from the beginning. The British were only interested in exploitation and not development. But.. God gave us amply opportunity to develop ourselves better, but we blew it. The country was awash with petrol dollars not long after independence, what did we do? We were more interested in stupid power play and greed. We had no vision whatsoever on building a developed society. We took to primitive impulses of crass materialism and consumption without building a productive base. We did not invest in developmental education like science and technology, but only interested in educational degrees and titles. We dug ourselves into a hole that is very difficult to get out.

Dude, a nation forcibly cobbled together from disparate ethnicities by greedy colonialists uninterested in national integration or development, but solely money and profit, will always encounter teething problems characterised by conflict, corruption, oppression, inefficiency, and other problems. Have you heard of the Berlin Conference of 1884? That was where ''Nigeria'' was born. It was an economic deal that had NOTHING to do with your progress or mine. What we are doing is trying to develop from a terrible disadvantage. We are doing a good job, having not slaughtered each other in a hail of disunity and hatred the way they did in Europe last century. Give us SOME credit. We are not Japan yet, but we have definitely come a long way in terms of development in the last 60 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians More Passionate about Biafra Than Nigeria? / Why Is President Buhari Sitting On A Chair During Eid Prayers? / Why Is Nigeria's Business Climate So Hostile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.