Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? (4127 Views)

Nigeria Will Work If South East Works - Vice President Shettima / 'Ndigbo Republic, Not Biafra May Emerge If South-East Fail To Produce President' / APC Asks Atiku: You Were Vice President For Eight Years, Why Didn't You Restruct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by joygiver1: 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2020
Rosskiki:

You are IGNORANT beyond words. Try to research before commenting on things you know NOTHING about. Such as your dumb claim that ''almost all infrastructure in Africa was built by colonisers''. Name ONE road in Nigeria that you know was built by the colonialists. JUST ONE. Not to mention expressways or power stations. Or airports. Or flyovers and bridges. ANSWER: 0.

EVERYTHING you see in Nigeria today by way of infrastructure was built by NIGERIANS after independence, not the British colonialists. Same applies to ALL black African countries. THEY built their current infrastructure, NOT white colonialists.

The South Africa you are writing about, you are similarly clueless of. The ONLY reason SA is advanced today is that the colonialists who seized power a couple hundred years ago there REINVESTED that country's export proceeds from gold, into the country, such that by the 1940s, SA was already a developed country. They built their first universities as early as the 1880s!! Same as power stations, roads, bridges, rail networks etc. The reason the colonialists did this was because there was a huge white settler community there that regarded SA as their country.

Now contrast this with what the colonialists did in their fully black African territories. All we see is exploitation and near ZERO investment of export earnings in the respective countries, including Nigeria, which only got her first university in 1962, AFTER the end of white rule. Her first power plant, Kainji dam, was built in 1964 and commissioned by the Balewa govt. Prior to that there was NO NATIONAL GRID. The whites simply imported industrial generators to power the areas they lived in like Ikoyi and GRAs around the nation.

So the rest of black Africa is playing catch up to SA because we only started developing in the 1960s, AFTER INDEPENDENCE, while SA has been developing and building itself up since the 1800s.

SO TRY AND LEARN THE ACTUAL HISTORY OF THE CONTINENT YOU ARE WRITING ABOUT BEFORE INFESTING THIS FORUM WITH YOUR RACIAL COMPLEX AND IGNORANCE.

Don't mind that brainwashed South African guy just busy spewing thrash!!!!

When it's an open secret that SA was built by their white colonisers who later adopted SA as their country of origin. Left to the blacks alone SA who still be one shitty country.

Little wonder it took them several years to even "reclaim" a part of their country from the whites after suffering years of apartheid in their own countries.

They should forever be grateful to other African countries for coming to their aide during apartheid!!!

1 Like

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by arcnomec(m): 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2020
matrixmuzi:
Make no mistake bro. Blacks are cursed. Check all countries with white hair amongst them and see how progressives and developed they are and then check other countries with only blacks then u will know the difference . Blacks due to their curse will always be slaves and below the white. Check out Nigeria and the way the rulers are behaving that's why Hitler called us half apes. Check out other African countries with white skin do u see how developed they are? Then check the others that are mainly blacks. Now u will know the answer to your problem .

Who cursed black? Were you there when this curse was pronounced? What led to the curse?

Dude,if you don't have anything tangible to contribute to the Op article,kindly keep mute and learn from matured minds

2 Likes

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by 1manuel(m): 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
arcnomec:

Who cursed black? Were you there when this curse was pronounced? What led to the curse?

Dude,if you don't have anything tangible to contribute to the Op article,kindly keep mute and learn from matured minds
Don't mind that asswipe, thinks everyone has inferior complexity as he does, no body is cursed, we're just cursed with bad leaders......... After our independence nothing has improved significantly, just going one step forward two steps backwards...

1 Like

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Amujale(m): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2021
Colonisation never ended, it simply morphed into neocolonialism.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Amujale(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2021
The sooner we get rid of the malicious influence that the neocolonialist currently have on the continent, the better for us all
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Amujale(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2021
What did South Africa done in 20 years?

Trying their best to correct the unbalance in the every day lives of the indegenes.

They're still fighting to reduce the brutality and the institutionalised bigotry that exist at the back of the horrific Apartheid regime.

Comparing South Africa, Zimbabwe with other continentals goes to show our inbuilt ignorance we have on the happenings in and around the continent.

The situation in those countries aren't the same as that of other continentals.

1 Like

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Amujale(m): 9:53am On Jul 20, 2021
My thing is that we MUST dismantle all the archaic and draconian agreements that came about during the so-called Independence process.

Apart from our parents/guardians, noone can give you independence.

Independence and or freedom is something that you are meant to take by all means necessary.

This isn't something that you're given.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Amujale(m): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2021
The most powerful countries on the continent (allegedly), that being Egypt and South Africa aren't independent of anything, nevermind anyone else.

That is to say, virtually no country post colonisation can really lay claim to being dependent.

Furthermore, I don't give any credence to the so-called independence process, something that is totally flawed.

What I does give credence to is for us to become dependent on ourselves, our laws, our educational systems, our culture and traditions, dependent on OUR everything.

That's the true meaning of being self-sufficient, and this is what is needed for us to reach the great heights that we rightfully deserve.

Know thyself, remember the suffering and pains of those who came before us and work to make a better tomorrow for ourselves and the next generation.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Amujale(m): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2021
matrixmuzi:

You aren't making any sense.

Give your head a wobble, perhaps some sense might just find its way to you.

Africans invented all the better things in life.

It seems to me that you're suffering from "Eurocentric Sociopathy" as well as an acute case of "Stockholme Syndrome".

Listen to yourself raining abuses at yourself.

Instead of you to channel that same energy at condemning the evil perpetrators of colonisation and slavery, you instead begin to foam out the mouth as though you're a rabbies patient.

My advice is for you to bin all the nonsense you're currently reading and pick up proper history books.

Cease cowtailing to the false narratives that is being perpetuated by the same foreigners who perpetrated those heinous atrocities on the continent.

You only come across as a person who hates themself.

Again, as a fellow NLander stated, you're alone in that diabolic mentality that you've adopted.

Wake yourself up immediately.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by Ovamboland(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2021
matrixmuzi:

Don't get me wrong . Give a black man all it takes to survive and he will still fail. Remove the white influence. Either he brings in religion , ethnicity ,hate and greed . That is what I mean by curse. It has been proven for a long time. What in this world has a black made in Africa that is being used all over the world without having western influence .Even the soccer and music has taken us far due the technology of the whites. Is this not a curse? Only when we start to do away with all those ills then we can progress.

What are you doing to change this narratives? Shey you are black African too? Are you currently working or creating anything the whole world might want to use?

The Asians were in similar situation odd 60 years ago, they did something to change the tide, can't we learn from that?
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by musicwriter(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2021
JaceBlaze:
How did African countries get it wrong even after so many years of their respective liberation? how did a country that was liberated only two decades ago (South Africa) end up being the gateway to the rest Africa?...

And to those who always claim that the benefits they enjoy today is because of the long years of white rule,well it's half truth and half lie.We can't deny that Apartheid ended up working to their advantage but there are too many things that blacks in South Africa didn't have access to before 1994,and besides,I think the "white rule" excuse is now overplayed since almost all infrastructure in Africa was built by colonisers.

I feel lazy to write long paragraphs,but I just want to know:where did the rest of Africa really go wrong?

The only problem I have with this type of discussion is that when told the solution to the problem, most of you would prefer to be slaves instead.

South Africa is not a free country at all and aren't doing better than other African countries in reality because the wealth in South Africa belong to white people not blacks. South Africa is actually one of the most neo-colonized country in Africa.

How many black South Africans employ white people in South Africa? Versus how many white people employ black South Africans? Like Singapore and other former European colonies that have majority whites and are so called doing well, the natives are just citizens that could be rented to work in mines and factories for Europeans.

You can NEVER be free until LANGUAGE, EDUCATION, RELIGION are yours and not the ones given to you by a foreigner.

It's such a pity, but most of those responding and even accusing black people of being dumb are simpletons and it's this very mentally that keeps us this way.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by AlphaCEO: 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
tpiar:

South Africa got her independence in 1934.

Democratic rule began in 1994.

Is that what you mean @ bolded.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by omoharry(f): 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
JaceBlaze:
How did African countries get it wrong even after so many years of their respective liberation? how did a country that was liberated only two decades ago (South Africa) end up being the gateway to the rest Africa?...

And to those who always claim that the benefits they enjoy today is because of the long years of white rule,well it's half truth and half lie.We can't deny that Apartheid ended up working to their advantage but there are too many things that blacks in South Africa didn't have access to before 1994,and besides,I think the "white rule" excuse is now overplayed since almost all infrastructure in Africa was built by colonisers.

I feel lazy to write long paragraphs,but I just want to know:where did the rest of Africa really go wrong?

Why don't you concentrate on your people and their xenophobic madness and looting people shops all in the name of protest . Are u really bored of worrying over the problems in Ur country than focus on Nigeria ? Or this is another Nigeria batching thread by Idiotic South Africans ?
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by AlphaCEO: 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
AAEEI:

Seychelles, Botswana, several countries in the Carribbean. Rwanda is getting it right; but it not there yet. Remove Gabon; it is a corruption-ridden as Nigeria.

But I do agree with the OP that the black man suffers from greed, tribalism, nepotism, lack of rule of law, religiosity, and selfishness to a far greater extent than others. Such combination is very toxic for development.
SMH... Well said.

Global standards adoption
by several African countries
like Lee Kuan Yew did in
Singapore in the 1960s is the
way to go!

Western Nigeria for example was already progressing educationally and economically in the 1950s
and 1960s with the establishment (by the government of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN) of the famous Ikeja, Apapa, Ilupeju,
Iganmu, Matori, Oluyole, Industrial
Estates.

NOTE:
Ikeja, lganmu, Ilupeju, Mushin, Isolo, etc, and all the areas I've mentioned above were in the
Western Region until May 27, 1967 when these towns were carved out by General Yakubu Gowon to form Lagos State.

The unitary system adopted
first by the military and then the politicians undid the pre-oil boom
advancements of the Nigerian regions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by JaceBlaze: 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
omoharry:
Why don't you concentrate on your people and their xenophobic madness and looting people shops all in the name of protest . Are u really bored of worrying over the problems in Ur country than focus on Nigeria ? Or this is another Nigeria batching thread by Idiotic South Africans ?

But I never mentioned Nigeria.The shoe fits I guess tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
JaceBlaze:

But I never mentioned Nigeria.The shoe fits I guess tongue cheesy

She got pissed off by a 3 year old thread that didn't even mention Nigeria grin grin She also came at me earlier calling me an ingrate and pathetic, and that the whites were right to oppress us looters. Very angry woman that one.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by JaceBlaze: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

She got pissed off by a 3 year old thread that didn't even mention Nigeria grin grin She also came at me earlier calling me an ingrate and pathetic, and that the whites were right to oppress us looters. Very angry woman that one.

It's interesting that they keep finding comments and threads we posted eons ago.This is some FBI level of surveillance.

The white man is always right to them.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
JaceBlaze:

It's interesting that they keep finding comments and threads we posted eons ago.This is some FBI level of surveillance.

Boko Haram Secret Service.
Re: If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? by JaceBlaze: 6:25am On Sep 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

Boko Haram Secret Service.

BHSS grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Cries Out As 30 Minutes Downpour Swallowed Vehicles In Asaba (Photos) / The Kind Of Cow Rearers We Need In The South(pix) / FFK Furiously Reacts As US President, Joe Biden Fails To Congratulate Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.