Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,154 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback (3377 Views)

Akpabio Suffers Setback In Bid To Retain Senate Seat / Move To Impeach Fayose Suffers Setback / Buhari’s Eligibility Suit Suffers Setback, Adjourned To April 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by deluxecad(m): 7:42am On Jul 12, 2010
Orji Kalu’s planned return to PDP suffers setback
National NewsJul 12, 2010

By Henry Umoru

ABUJA —  PLAN by former Abia State governor, Chief Orji Kalu, to return to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, this week suffered a major set back yesterday, this time, a total rejection by his Bende local government chapter of the party.
According to the chapter, the news of his return to the PDP which he dumped to form the Progressive Peoples Alliance, PPA, was even strange to his Igbere ward and the Bende Local Government Area of the state, just as it said he must not come back through the backdoor.
In a statement signed by Chairman of the party in the local government, Engr. Ekekwe E. Ejiagba, entitled: “Orji Uzor Kalu’s purported return to PDP: Disclaimer,” noted that the news read in the pages of newspapers was an “utter embarrassment.”
The statement read in part: “We read with utter embarrassment some newspaper reports on the purported return of Chief Orji Uzor Kalu to the PDP in Igbere, Bende Local Government Area of Abia State.
“We want to make it abundantly clear that the PDP, after the last congress, elected functionaries recognised by the party in every ward and local government, including Bende L.G.A where Orji Kalu hails from.

“The PDP is a disciplined, stable and organised party governed by the rule of law, its constitution and due process. We will not fold our hands and allow Orji Kalu an undeserved respite after destroying the fortunes of Abia State and infecting his own Progressive People’s Alliance, PPA, with the nuisance, confusion and destruction that have become his trademark."

“The fact that he convened a personal meeting of discredited, motley crowed of remnants of his shattered PPA in his private residence at Igbere does not mean he has returned to the PDP which constitution clearly stipulates the method by which a decampee like Orji Kalu may return to its fold.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/12/orji-kalu%E2%80%99s-planned-return-to-pdp-suffers-setback/

The bolded part thrills me most. Politicians are getting conscientious.

Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by deluxecad(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2010
Haha! I like to see him humiliated.
grin
cool
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by GoldCircle: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2010
No Mind these PDP people o! Na because him (OUK) never throw some money around. That's why the chairman is using very harsh words here. . . once he settles, it will be a case of "Here is our son whol was lost, but now has been found. . . (proverbial prodigal son)". IT happened with Atiku Abubakar too. . . so make we just dey watch! In Nigerian Politics, Dog dey chop him vomit!
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by lagoshost(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2010
If you are waiting for Orji to be humiliated you are wasting your time.

You will see what will happen. That guy is faster than all those guys in PDP.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2010
Frustrated outcast !!!
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by omamokta: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2010
Isnt it better to be big fish in a small pond than being a small fish in a big pond, OUK should thread softly but i see a bleak political future for him either in PDP or PPA. He should know politics is not a must win all the time.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by DoubleN(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
The man is a snake! He is planning to return to PDP so that his brother Mascot can win the ticket of the party in Abia State.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by wealthlift(m): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2010
He is reaping his kpalava
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by EzeUche(m): 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2010
This makes me laugh.

Many PDP communities such as my own in Abia State, did not like OUK. The man did not spread the money around to us, and now he is paying dearly for it. My village still needs the completion of a paved road, but OUK and Co stopped it!
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by matty1024: 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2010
Why is it that our politicians are idiots?
The say something today and contradict it tomorrow. Too bad!!!
Orji Kalu, made alot of condemning statement about PDP,
why is he returning? is PDP the only party? Why not stand alone
since independent candidate has right to contest!!
Orji, you are not honest. shame on you!!!
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
Honesty, shame, disgrace, embarrassment. those are words you don't find in our politicians dictionary.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by idifu(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
all of our politicians are all ashawo's
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by Fhemmmy: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
I never knew that PDP are "disciplined" sets of people . . . Interesting
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by ricky01: 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
na wa oh nigger,
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by PastorOla1: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
Na wa oooooo
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
Double N:

The man is a snake! He is planning to return to PDP so that his brother Mascot can win the ticket of the party in Abia State.

thats right so he and hes brother mascot can later dump the PDP for PPA again. i guess PDP has learnt their lesson, once bitten twice shy. grin
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by seanet02: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
Always cunning as a politician. A REAL FRAUDSTER.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by MrFire: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2010
You ignore kalu in Abia politics at your own peril; someone who has 80% of the touts in Abia under his pay role. PDP should not make the mistake of re-admitting him. He will only use and dump them. This is when we need Obasanjo, Kalu's mortal enemy, to step in and help send Kalu to his final sleep, politically speaking.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by DeepSoul(f): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2010
Integrity is absolutely non-existent in the dictionary of Nigerian politicians!!
After all the rubbish Orji Kalu spewed about PDP, he wants to decamp.

Question: What do you call a person who sh!ts and want to eat his sh!!t with a glass of champagne??

Answer:    A mad man!!
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by MrFire: 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
But this is not limited to Kalu. What about Atiku who decamped, insulted PDP to no end, and came back? What about the current PDP chairman who also decamped, came back and was whoppingly rewarded with the party's highest position?
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by judithsexy: 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2010
Orji my man, why PDP now, if you leave who will take care of PPA? Just be a Man you have always been.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by SSaemoenl(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
But why all these so called Malpoliticians BUTTERFLY?
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ok
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by shanktang(m): 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2010
i'm really not suprised about his going back to his vomit, our politics in Nigeria is chop chop politics, they'll always want to  flock arround where the water flows the most, but what really bemuse me the most is the PDP's attitude not to let him in, i'm sure if he was still a serving governor they wont even blink an eye b4 they wellcome him wth wide open arms.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by mensdept: 1:15am On Jul 13, 2010
Kalu is an idiot, but that is Naija for you. He's not the only one doing it. So yes, maybe Nwabueze is right by saying we need a VIOLENT revolution, even a big slap across the face of every Nigerian. WAKE UP!
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by rickie4us(m): 1:32am On Jul 13, 2010
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by Rastamann: 2:13am On Jul 13, 2010
Orji Kalu is selfish, a rogue, a thief and a coward. Him and other selfish politicians will burn in hell.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by uyakachi(m): 2:41am On Jul 13, 2010
WHO KNOWS HIS PLAN THIS TIME AROUND .PDP SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT HIS RETURN . I DON'T TRUST HIM. BUT I LIKE HIM because HE IS TOO CLEAVER,
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by mbulela: 5:07am On Jul 13, 2010
Rastamann:

Orji Kalu is selfish, a rogue, a thief and a coward. Him and other selfish politicians will burn in hell.

Amen!!
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 13, 2010
Cross-carpeting should be abolished. The 1999 constitution should be amended to accommodate decamp and cross-carpeting once and not unlimited. As for Kalu, what do you expect from an illiterate school drop-out, who made money through corn game and thuggery. They never learn to go clean. You cant expect these from Mike Adenuga, Dangote, Otedola, who are literate corn artists. We as a people must wake up and maim any politician bent on destroying our constituents, Bende people should handle OUK and stop complaining to me and you.
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by cecegorz(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2010
Come on guys, which set back are we talking about here?

The man was shown on National TV last night with the PDP national chair, grinning from ear to ear as he welcomed one of the 'founding fathers' back to the big Umbrella.

Both him and the state gov. Theodore Orji had left PPA completely battered.

Never put your stake on Politicians ooo. They can dump even their own shadow whenever  it is convenient
Re: Orji Kalu’s Planned Return To Pdp Suffers Setback by bisiaet: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2010
I'm not really surprise we all know they are all political shoppers. So they are shopping around and more are still shopping and more will still shop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Policemen Kill Detainees And Sell Bodies To UNICAL Anatomy Department / ... / BREAKING NEWS: APC Just Gave Me My Change(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.