Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc (8332 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by snowdrops(m): 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2010
its harsh to say wayne rooney. he was certainly not the worst player. fine, he played way below expectation but not the worst player. separate emotion from rationality please
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by Spyker: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2010
We should differentiate between disappointing players and worst players. Rooney, Torress, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka e.t.c fall under the disappointing players category.
But worst players category: Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Sani Kaita (Nkita) top the list.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by kazman7(m): 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2010
Y-A-K-U-B-U-L-L is the worstest player ever to play in a world cup tournament, a jam-body player who has got no ,
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by baslone: 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2010
rokiatu:

Wayne rooney. This title belong to him only. even david beckham was better, at least he serve as an eye candy.

Half baked and unfit Rooney could never have performed when
you have ego midfielders that prefer playing shots from
mid-field instead of laceing passes.

adeshsam:

Andrew Iniesta is the worst player of the tournament and the best player is Aiyegbeni Yakubu,  

We all have our opinions, personally Iniesta is over-rated
and I wasn't impresses with his style of play at this world cup.

snowdrops:

That award will DEFINITELY HAVE TO GO TO SUAREZ of Uruguay.

With that hand of devil, he denied Ghana and Africa from carving their niche in history, a place in the semi finals.

. . .  But his country-men will still give him props for taking them
to the next round! I wish we had that kind of chance too against Korea.

obinna5000:

Robin Van Persie (Holland)
Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Nigeria)
Fernando Torres (Spain)
Wayne Rooney (England)
Frank Ribery (France)
Sani Kaita (Nigeria)

The whole French squad is wack!!
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by snowdrops(m): 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2010
hope FIFA takes a hint and create such an award.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by obinna5000(m): 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
baslone:

The whole French squad is wack!!

cheesy cheesy  grin  grin They are as wack as the entire Italian squad.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by mukina2: 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2010
obinna5000:

grin grin grin
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by baslone: 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2010
obinna5000:

Yes O!! Do you know the Nigerian Team itself is 4th on Goal.com's Top 10 Flops of the world cup!!!  grin
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by davidif: 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2010
FAT-KUBU MOST DEFINITELY.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by Johnmos(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
The Yak himself would be on my list, Torres, a good number of 60% of over-rated English players, and 95% of France players.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by obinna5000(m): 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2010
According to Goal.com, Wayne Rooney (England) is the No. 1 Flop of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by ogazi007(m): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2010
Inesta is overrated?
God,some people can talk.
i pray we have half of his talent in supper eagle.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by oluagness(m): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2010
Yahkubu Aiyegbeni
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by johndavid1(m): 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2010
oluagness:

Yahkubu Aiyegbeni
Yak don become the king of this thread! CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by tobaina: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2010
AND THE AWARD GOES TO,
, YAKUBU,
The worst player in the history of soccer, his name has gone into guiness bk of record
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by baslone: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2010
ogazi007:

Inesta is overrated?
God,some people can talk.
i pray we have half of his talent in supper eagle.

I didn't say he was a flop! I'm not bringing Barca talk
here, that right there is my opinion!

I can as well keep praying for the so-called flops(Rooney,
Torres, Melo, Gutierrez, e,t,c) because you sure still don't
have those talents in your eagles!
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by mojounited(m): 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
Wayne rooney. This title belong to him only. even david beckham was better, at least he serve as an eye candy.

@rokiatu

Why Wayne Rooney when the whole English team sucked The English team guys were playing individually like players of separate English league clubs rather than the National team with poor game tactics, no services from the middle of the park to Rooney whatsoever such that Rooney, sometimes, had to come down to the mid-field to hustle for ball - Frustration. And I don't even want to get started about his useless striking partner, Emile Heskey when Darren Bent (3rd highest goal scorer in the EPL was left out of the squad), even Carlton Cole of West Ham woulda been preferable, to me.

For crying out loud Fernando Torres was the worst player in the world cup. Can you believe that with the kind of world class services he received from the Spanish mid-field (consisting of Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Fab, et al; the best passers of the ball), this guy (Torres) couldn't even manage a fantastic shot on target/goal shocked Don't really wanna put much blame on him as he returned from injury few days prior to kick off of Spain's first game.

Permit me to digress. I am yet to see a bold English coach that'll decisively bench either Lamps or Gerrad; the pair don't play well in the middle albeit Gerrad played as a LMF when you have guys like Young and/or Agbolahor (since SWR failed to deliver) who've been playing LWF regularly in Aston Villa (esp Young) on regular/consistent basis and Joe Cole was left to rot on the bench . Wonder why Fabio Capello requested Paul Scholes to come out of Int. footy retirement The guy's a genius although he can't tackle to save his own life grin . Also, Barry aint no DM (De Jong plays DM for Man. City) - In this particular case, both England and United have been unlucky not to have Owen Hargreaves' services since he's been injured for so long, but one of the best DMs in Europe when fit and at his prime, remember 2007/2008 champs league?.

If anything, blame Capello for playing some of his guys outta position and leaving out the naturally gifted players on bench and/or outta the squad. Duh! Can't believe I'm ranting again undecided
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by WackyJ1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
Yakubu is the worst. No player in this world cup has ever missed scoring an empty post especially when HE'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT!! With that kind of performance i wonder what the eagles pardon me hatchlings do during practice
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by baslone: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
mojounited:

@rokiatu
I am yet to see a bold English coach that'll decisively [b]bench either Lamps or Gerrad; the pair don't play well in the middle [/b]

Infact,their solution should start from there.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by sayso: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
Sani Kaita
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
YAKUUBUUUU AIYEGBENI

HE YAKUBUED NIGERIA'S CHANCES.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by Acidosis(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2010
Messi, because my expectation was cut short.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by 12large: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2010
my brother your wrong messi could easily have had a hattrick against naija,greece and korea, it was only against germany that he was dissapointing
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by manheim: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2010
Yakubu for life
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by Jarus(m): 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
obinna5000:

According to Goal.com, Wayne Rooney (England) is the No. 1 Flop of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Because players like Yakubu were not rated by Goal.com in the first place.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by Drenix(m): 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2010
1) Rooney (2)Torres (3) Odewengie (4) Etuhu (5) Yakubu
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by Mesef1: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
Rooney, Torres, CR 9 et al may have performed below expectattion but they didn't miss an empty net from within the 6 yard!!!!!!

YAKUBU is undoubtedly deserving of this award.
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by ehie007(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2010
Fernando torres
vanpersie
xavi
rooney
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by CarlosVent(m): 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2010
upon all d midfielders experienced 1 for that matter that was feeding him with passes he bleeped up.

DAVID VILLA IS NOT A STRIKER
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by forkinsonlolo(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2010
simply YAKUBU AYEGBANI,,, he missed a goal can could also be scored by a statue   grin
Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by CarlosVent(m): 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2010
upon all d midfielders experienced 1 for that matter that was feeding him with passes he bleeped up.

Re: Ur Worst Player Of Just Concluded 2010 Wc by CarlosVent(m): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test / Sure 1.20 - 1.70 Odds Super Singles Daily On Whatsapp Group Free!!! / Nigeria's WC 2010 Home Jersey Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.