Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test (8328 Views)

U-17 Eaglets To Receive 20k Each (pictured) / Nigeria U-17 Eaglets Set For Tomorrow's Match (photos) / 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by mukina2: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2012
Eighteen members of the Nigerian U-17 team have failed the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) test conducted to verify their ages.

The affected players were screened out during the Grade 1 test ordered by FIFA for all the countries that will participate in CAF/FIFA age grade football competitions.

The Media Officer of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Demola Olajire, confirmed the development on Friday, adding that the over-age players had been ordered out of the camp.

“The NFF conducted MRI tests for the players presented to us by the coaches as U-17. The players failed our MRI test and they are out of the Golden Eaglets team," he said.

"So, we are looking for new players now, but Nigerians should note that we are not the parents of these players.”

It will be recalled that Nigeria has, in the past, faced many accusations of fielding over-age players in age-grade competitions.
Reacting to the latest scandal, former coach of the Flying Eagles, Tunde Disu, advised Coach Manu Garba and his assistants to go back to schools to select new players ahead of their Africa U-17 qualifying series, which kicks off in September.

“I don’t see this incident as a disgrace; rather it’s a wake-up call. Nigeria still has time to amend the situation," he said.

"Let the coaches go to the academies and schools to scout for players who are within the age limit. I think the MRI test introduced by FIFA will force Nigeria and other African countries to go back to the grassroots to pick true U-17 players.”

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/18-eaglets-fail-mri-tests#.UApw7kUPJH0.twitter

1 Like

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Tattooboy: 11:11am On Jul 21, 2012
eeya! Above 40 can't be in the squad. The usual 38 years old Eaglets should fit in.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Henries: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2012
Haaaaaaaaaaaa,i laf fiafia it remind me of philip osondu saga.i remember kingsley udoh already had 2 kids b4 he played 4 eaglet unda tella of blessed memory.mtchewwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by supereagle(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
Thank God FIFA didnt discover it for us.
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by slimdiggi: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
Must they have been discovered by FIFA...naija and d spirit of cheating
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by trigar12(m): 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
Hahaha.....17yrs old with MUSTACHE and SHAVING STICK

2 Likes

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by babsmii(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
we cheat in everything...
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Biggyd2: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
Eehnn!!! Very good. Now our football association will learn to do the right thing. Era of "football age" don die be dat.
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by aare07(m): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
the players copy Mr. President, because Our President fails to declear his assets. Players assest is by giving force information on his or her age in order to stay long on field.
At the tail end, they would win any global titles.
Ends will Justify the means.

1 Like

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by otokx(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
If 18 failed, how many passed?
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Afam4eva(m): 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
Was there even a need to carry out a test? Mere looking at most of them you would know that they're our parenrt's age mates. Some of them even have kids that are older than 17.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
Most African,and south American are guilty of fielding overage playerz..imagine,taiye taiwo's younga brother is reffered to "bros"in his area by people that are above 30yearz.i wonda how old he is,truly.when he claims below 30yrz.anoda case study is Julius Aghaowa,a serving policeman then,claiming unda 30,when he's truly above 45....mmmtcheww.

1 Like

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by TheGeneral1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
It is not a news!
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by murtalaa(m): 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
See these useless people grin.
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by elampiro(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
Yomieluv: Most African,and south American are guilty of fielding overage playerz..imagine,taiye taiwo's younga brother is reffered to "bros"in his area by people that are above 30yearz.i wonda how old he is,truly.when he claims below 30yrz.anoda case study is Julius Aghaowa,a serving policeman then,claiming unda 30,when he's truly above 45....mmmtcheww.
How true is this? Do you know his suppose brother? Or are you just repeating what you read somewhere about Taiye Taiwo having a twin brother? Please throw more light because Taiye Taiwo was quoted to have said his twin brother died as an infant.
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
Sick NFF. Me self resemble U17.
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by GenOrumov: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
Dem bones for don hard like iron!
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
suprised?No!
We win youth competition cos we present over aged players.
That's why they become useless by the time they reach the senior team.

1 Like

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by geniushyke(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
My broda naija football don finish be that now, these over aged players na hin we dey use win trophy b4 o!! FIFA self.
saxywale: suprised?No!
We win youth competition cos we present over aged players.
That's why they become useless by the time they reach the senior team.
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Icon4s(m): 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
No problem!! as long all participating teams too are tested. I know others like Ghana, Cameroun, Guinea, Gambia,North African teams, All South American Teams will b affected too. The only teams I trust are in Europe & Asia.

1 Like

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by deeozi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
The spirit of 9jarism in every sector- banks, firm, companies n super eaglets
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by tempest01(m): 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
them 4 even post their estimated real age...because na forgery nah.

1 Like

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by DExplorer1: 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Siga: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
elampiro:
How true is this? Do you know his suppose brother? Or are you just repeating what you read somewhere about Taiye Taiwo having a twin brother? Please throw more light because Taiye Taiwo was quoted to have said his twin brother died as an infant.
Yomieluv: Most African,and south American are guilty of fielding overage playerz..imagine,taiye taiwo's younga brother is reffered to "bros"in his area by people that are above 30yearz.i wonda how old he is,truly.when he claims below 30yrz.anoda case study is Julius Aghaowa,a serving policeman then,claiming unda 30,when he's truly above 45....mmmtcheww.

Bros...I wonder too....where u get ur story from....
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Megozuks: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
elampiro:
He said YOUNGER BROTHER not twin.
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by kennethromanus: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
Lol..nawa o.. If 18 of dem fail d test,,.na hw many still remain nw?...sha dat 1 no b prblm cos we hv vry young talented boyz out der.na make d agents go out der n huzzle 4 dem..datz my flying eaglet..lol
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
elampiro:
nairaland isnt 4d blind,or illiterate.if u cant read,or having difficulty undastanding simple writeup,click on exit.ok.
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Adanyebe(m): 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Eyaaaaaaa Fifa Shud jst allow Us For the last time lets put these boys sorry diz MEN... for the sake of Good football

1 Like

Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by xtremeidea(m): 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
LMAO
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Mucokey(m): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
elampiro:
you could at least read in btw lines to understand his write up before referring to already over _flogged_issue of denial of Mr. Taiye Taiwo . He specifically stated Taiye Taiwo's YOUNGER BROTHER while you re hia still defending de indefendable Taiwo....think
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by UKBobo(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
What about the coach. Did he fail it too? grin
Re: 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by elampiro(m): 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mucokey:
you could at least read in btw lines to understand his write up before referring to already over _flogged_issue of denial of Mr. Taiye Taiwo . He specifically stated Taiye Taiwo's YOUNGER BROTHER while you re hia still defending de indefendable Taiwo....think
So what is the name of this Taiye Taiwo younger brother? Is he close to the Taiwo family?

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Africa Games: Edidiong Umoafia Wins 3 Gold Medals For Nigeria / NPFL: 2017/2018 Season Kicks Off This Weekend [full Fixture List] / Nigeria's WC 2010 Home Jersey Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.