Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Episode 2: Shattered Hope (#diary An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Episode 2: Shattered Hope (#diary An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun (385 Views)

Final Episode: Shattered Hope (#diary Of An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episode 2: Shattered Hope (#diary An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun by youngdav(m): 1:03am On Oct 08, 2018
Three months later. We have been married for over two months now and — I just found out I’m pregnant, the obvious result of the incident. God, I feel so ashamed. My voyage as a wife has been bumpy and humiliating.

He repulses me now, every time he tries to touch me I feel like throwing up — the baby could be the reason behind it though. I dread telling him about my pregnancy because I don’t know how he would react. He usually has this spell of black moods, it is ill-advised to go close to him when he is in that mood.

He has been possessive ever since we got married, sometimes, he is charming and attentive. He thinks I would go file a complaint at the police station or human right activist. I chortled at that thought; who would believe a husband raped his wife? You are shocked too, right?
I burst out in laughter before realizing I was in the conference room with some potential clients, I blinked rapidly and the laughter died down suddenly as I felt curious eyes on me. This was not the time to unleash my domestic problem, I realized. I cleared my throat and gathered my thoughts into the domestic folder in my head. I smiled at my clients to ease the tension and curiosity buzzing within the conference room.

I know as you read this, you are wondering who I am.
My name is Adeola Janet Adeola, now Mrs. Adeola Janet Coker. I am married to one of the youngest CEO in the country. Olanrewaju Coker is his name. Lanre, as he is popularly called, is the only son and child of Senator Coker and Mrs. Coker. I smile wistfully as I reminisce a little about the man I fell in love with. Lanre is over 6 ft. tall, with alert light brown eyes. He has a pointed nose which suits his long face and naturally red colored bow lips which compliments his fair skin. His black curly hair gave away his Caucasian descendant. I can’t decide if it was love at first sight, especially with the circumstance. Most ladies wish to be in my position, I would gladly trade my position as his wife with any lady. I never
wish to relive the incident. The incident which has led to a pregnancy — wanted or unwanted?

I sigh mournfully, the darkness of the incident threatens to swallow me. How do I broach the subject with him? Would I find him in a cheerful mood tonight? Does he have to know? Or should I keep the secret to myself, but for how long?
I resolve within myself to tell him…he has to know.
Tonight.

WATCH OUT FOR EPISODE 3

Source:https://elegenceng.com/2018/09/episode-2-shattered-hope-diary-an-abused-wife-written-by-mercy-okusun/

(1) (Reply)

..... / In My Feelings / Tales From My Alma Mater (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.