Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,611 members, 7,955,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

Final Episode: Shattered Hope (#diary Of An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Final Episode: Shattered Hope (#diary Of An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun (361 Views)

SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) / Episode 2: Shattered Hope (#diary An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun / Story: Shattered Hope (#diary Of An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Final Episode: Shattered Hope (#diary Of An Abused Wife) Written By Mercy Okusun by youngdav(m): 9:28am On Nov 18, 2018
I stare at my boss in confusion and sympathy, I have no idea how the accident is related to me or her.
“There are no survivors,” She begins, “It was an head-on collision, apparently the trailer lost control and the driver of the private car was immersed in his iPad, he didn’t see the trailer on his path until it was too late.” She finishes. I could clearly picture the horrific scene, spilled with blood. I close my eyes in shock as nausea threateningly rises. My unborn baby doesn’t agree with the vivid picture. I part my lips to take in steady breaths, after a few breaths the nausea subsides.

I wonder why she is telling me about the accident. “Deola,” She calls out. I stare at her response, noting the sympathy in her eyes.

I wonder why she feels sympathetic towards me. “How are you feeling?” She ask. I blink in surprise. “I know you are pregnant,” She answers my unasked question. I smile and lower my eyes in appreciation.

The thought of my unborn baby fills me with unexpected joy.
“I don’t know how else to break this news to you,” She begins as apprehension crawls over me. I wait for her to finish, my heart beats fast. “Your husband was involved in the accident,” my eyes widens uncontrollably. “He didn’t make it.” I feel the heavy weight of darkness descend upon me and drag me down as I succumb to the tug of helplessness. “I am so sorry,” I hear the voice say as blackness swallows me and the floor welcomes me.

Months Later, I walk along the beach, taking a breath of freshness. The past few months have been hectic and frighteningly unbearable. I lost the baby a few weeks after Lanre’s burial. It was a double blow… losing my husband and baby within a few weeks. I went easily from being a married woman to a widow. His parents whirled me away for a much needed vacation after the truth came tumbling into light. Tears slips down my face as I think about how my life would have turned if Lanre had lived.
Would we still be together or divorced? Would our baby have brought the healing we both needed? Regrets burn as I thought about the words I never said to him… the silent words that revolved around my
head. Maybe, it’s for good. I continue my leisure stroll along the deserted beach as the sun sets slowly.
THE End!.

Source:https://elegenceng.com/2018/11/final-episode-shattered-hope-diary-of-an-abused-wife-written-by-mercy-okusun/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Japan Joint Trade Mission / Let's Tell Them A Story / Intimidation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.