Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Chelsea Legend John Terry Retires From Professional Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Legend John Terry Retires From Professional Football (835 Views)

Eden Hazard Retires From professional football At 32 / Ronaldinho Has Officially Retired From Professional Football (Read Tweets) / Anthony Joshua Pictured With John Terry In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Legend John Terry Retires From Professional Football by Sportdab(m): 6:09am On Oct 08, 2018
Former Chelsea defender John Terry has announced his retirement from playing football.

The former England captain has hung up his boot at the age of 37 and is understood to be set for a return at Aston Villa.

He is linked with being Thierry Henry's assistant manager, with Henry in pole position to be named as new manager this week.

Terry wrote on Instagram: “After 23 incredible years as a footballer, I have decided now is the right time to retire from playing. I have many people to thank.

“My wife Toni and my two children, Georgie and Summer, for being my rocksthroughout my career – I couldn’t have done it without you, I love you with all my heart.

“I thank my parents, Sue and Ted, for the sacrifices they made for me as a boy, giving me the best opportunity to fulfil my dream and become a professional footballer.

“My brother, Paul, for his help and advicethroughout my career – and all my familyand friends for their great support.

“As a 14-year-old, I made my best and biggest decision: to sign for Chelsea Football Club. Words will never be enough to show how much everyone at the club means to me, in particular the fans.

“Right from the outset they have given me total support, on and off the pitch, and I have a tremendous bond with them.

“We achieved so many great memories together and I couldn’t have succeeded without you. To me, you are the best fansin the world. I hope I have done you all proud wearing the shirt and the armband.

“My club career and heart will always belong to Chelsea, but I am grateful for my loan spell at Nottingham Forest in 1999, which was invaluable for my development as a young player.

“And I also want to say a huge thank you to Aston Villa for giving me the opportunity to play at such a big club and captain it throughout the 2017-18 season. It was a privilege to represent such a renowned football club with great fans.

“I look forward to the next chapter in my life and the challenges ahead.”

Terry's last match as a professional footballer was Aston Villa's 1-0 Championship playoff loss to Fulham in May.

Terry won 78 England caps, five Premier League titles with Chelsea, five FA Cups and three League Cups.

He also won Champions League and Europa League winners’ medals but did not play in the finals.

Source:>>https://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/10/chelsea-legend-john-terry-retires-from.html

cc: lalasticala

Re: Chelsea Legend John Terry Retires From Professional Football by Victor8st: 2:17am On Sep 24, 2020
I still can't believe that he's not playing anymore...
Re: Chelsea Legend John Terry Retires From Professional Football by emmanuilteleshe(m): 2:23am On Sep 24, 2020
Yep, he was a very good player, I will never forget him. He was always one of the best players in team. When somebody was speaking about Chelsea, I was thinking about Terry. When I became a fan of this club, I started to bet onjudi slot online and I won a lot of money at that time, because they were really strong. Now I lost interest to soccer, maybe it is because of the pandemic. A lot of matches have been cancelled and when the tournament began, there were no fans on the stadium, so it doesn't make it that interesting.
Re: Chelsea Legend John Terry Retires From Professional Football by Danny50: 2:39am On Sep 26, 2020
I thought this man had retired since.

(1) (Reply)

17 African Players Who Died On The Pitch / Sevilla Aim Hilarious Dig At Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man. U Over Top 4 Race / Single Stakes Draw To Bet On 23/24 Saturday And Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.