Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers (3963 Views)

NCC Alerts Telecom Consumers On Flubot Malware / Airtel Unveils New Cheap Data Plans To Satisfy Consumers Growing Demand / NCC Assures Of Improved Telecom Consumers’ Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by mrakeli62: 6:22am On Oct 08, 2018
The Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission(NCC) Professor Umar Garba Dantatta has said the commission will continue to serve as a feedback mechanism for telecom consumers so as to avoid being exploited by service providers

He also said the gesture would assist the service providers to provide quality services, value for money and to check unwholesome practices.

Dantatta stated this at the weekend during 99th edition of consumer outreach programme held in Ilorin, Kwara state capital with the theme: “Using Information and Education as Tools for Consumer Empowerment and Protection.”

According to him, “the forum was organised to educate telecom consumers and other stakeholders in contemporary issues generating interest in the industry and also to serves as feedback mechanism.”

He said “At the NCC, the Telecom consumers are the target beneficiaries of all our activities which make them enjoy primary focus in terms of ensuring that they get good quality service, value for money spent, timely and fair redress of complaints and protection from unwholesome practices of some service providers.”

Dantatta who was represented by the Director, Consumers Affairs Bureau, Mrs. Felicia Onwuegbu Chulam said the commission had decided to design the outreach so as to empower consumer through the provision of necessary information and education to consumers.

Dantatta noted that: “Through empowerment and education, telecom consumers are fortified with necessary tools to be protected from market exploitation and to make rational and informed decision when making choices of services.

“Consumer information and education is identified by the NCC as one of the most effective mechanisms that provides and guarantees consumers empowerment and education.

“It also serves as a proactive way of providing consumers from making wrong choices and also protected the consumers from being exploited and against fraud.”

He, therefore, urged consumers to be up and doing and always free to come out with their feelings about the service providers saying that, “it is their inalienable rights to inform the service providers and NCC during this kind of forum so as to bring the much desired results and to assist them to continue to enjoy the value for their money spent on the services being provided to them”.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/ncc-vows-to-protect-telecom-consumers.html

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by hemartins(m): 7:02am On Oct 08, 2018
Can't believe on a Monday morning I will make FTC.
Seun, do something.
Don't let this FTC waste like that.
I fought bravely for it. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by gbaskiboy: 7:02am On Oct 08, 2018
second to comment
Thank you Jehovah for this feat
May your name be highly praised
let all the members in this forum experience uncommon favour, blessing, May you grant everyone his or her heart requests this morning......

4 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by chris20000: 7:02am On Oct 08, 2018
Two of you above me are really need some award.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Tokziby: 7:02am On Oct 08, 2018
Foolish people angry which kain yeye vow? Una just dey wake up After Airtel has finished stealing all my airtime by subscribing my line to useless services without my consent... Mtcheeeww

4 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by 9jagobetta: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2018
k
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by yjgm(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2018
Ok O. No be Nigeria we dey. Some people have suddenly woke up from sleep.
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by maxiuc(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2018
angry

Abegi

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by nony43(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2018
B
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by ikorodureporta: 7:05am On Oct 08, 2018
A BAD SPOT AT MILE 12 END OF THE IKORODU ROAD IS CAUSING HAVOC ON IKORODU DWELLERS. LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT, MAKE UNA COME PATCH AM FOR US... NA BEG WE DEY

1 Like

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by hisgrace090: 7:05am On Oct 08, 2018
We're watching you, agent of service providers ncc.
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 08, 2018
Would the service provider compensate me with free airtime for the exorbitant charges or is the usual fine :- undecided?
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by qanda: 7:06am On Oct 08, 2018
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Genniez(f): 7:07am On Oct 08, 2018
We have been hearing that ,please act on it.well, what more can I say when they all use free data /credit.mtwew vows oshi undecided
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Flexherbal(m): 7:07am On Oct 08, 2018
asuustrike1:
Would the service provider compensate me with free airtime for the exorbitant charges or is the usual fine :- undecided?

Ask them oooo
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Nathdougg: 7:08am On Oct 08, 2018
Even DSTV didn't listen to court order..
They still increased their subscription..
NIGERIA is just a shithole

3 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by LucemFerre: 7:08am On Oct 08, 2018
2 words "cheap internet"
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by israelmao(m): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2018
As it has protected high cost of data subscription?

3 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:10am On Oct 08, 2018
This is what they always say but they end up protecting the service providers

2 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Augustine8825: 7:22am On Oct 08, 2018
NCC should examine MTN carefully, Because many Nigerias are tired of their hidden charges in MTN data charges and system of reducting airtime balance secretly, i have observed this so many times. So i decided not to use MTN again. They provide the most expensive data product and still the data is consumed fast without any transaction done with it by the consumer. MTN are criminals and Nigerias don't really feel protected from them.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by maasoap(m): 7:23am On Oct 08, 2018
There was a time you could grab your phone and report your service provider to NCC. That was when they were protecting consumers. That era was gone forever!
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Rick9(m): 7:24am On Oct 08, 2018
What is NCC mtchewww, you are protecting us yet the Telecom company keep on exploiting us
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by maasoap(m): 7:25am On Oct 08, 2018
israelmao:
As it has protected high cost of data subscription?

NCC even forced higher cost of data on ISPs

1 Like

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by sureteeboy(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2018
Tokziby:
Foolish people angry which kain yeye vow? Una just dey wake up After Airtel has finished stealing all my airtime by subscribing my line to useless services without my consent... Mtcheeeww
You're not alone Bro.

Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by giztzone(m): 7:46am On Oct 08, 2018
Whats my own witht the vow............ na so buhari vow to change Nigeria...

Direct short service into Nigerian Airforce 2018 is ongoing. 2018 Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Direct Short Services Cadets (DSSC) Nationwide Recruitment Notice - (Graduate & Post-graduate).

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), invites application from suitable qualified graduates and postgraduates for training as:

Title: Direct Short Services Cadet

Registration is FREE

CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 08, 2018
pls you guys are just a toothless bulldog. Always vowing. It's just a waste and an insult to the term Vow. Pls go and sit down sir. Bleep up country
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 08, 2018
Na every week Dem de vow to protect Telecom Consumers Naija Networks Data run pass Ethiopian airlines
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by pennylland: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2018
I WAS EXPECTING NCC ARE VOWING TO MAKING SURE ALL NETWORK PROVIDERS ARE WORKING PERFECTLY,BY ROLLING BACK THE SPEED OF DATA/CREDIT TO NORMAL,BUT NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT THAT
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by Cassie74: 8:14am On Oct 08, 2018
They should start with Ntel... That one na service provider?
Re: NCC Vows To Protect Telecom Consumers by pennylland: 8:20am On Oct 08, 2018
I

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos - Apple Leaked The Surprise Iphone 12 Launch / What Happened To Tecno / Learn How To Get Free Credit/airtime On Ur MTN Sim Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.