Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows (345 Views)

Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency / Saraki: When I Become President, All My Ministers Of State Will Be Under 35 / We’ll Impeach Obaseki If He Flouts Laws, Edo Assembly Faction Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows by NewsDeyOnline: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2018
Senate Majority Leader, Ahmed Lawan, has assured the All Progressives Congress (APC) that the senators of the party will do eerything within their powers to ensure the impeachment of Senate President Bukola Saraki.

Lawan said when the National Assembly is reopened for session, he and others in APC will ensure that Saraki is replaced and the INEC budget along with that of security agencies is passed.

Lawan made the statement at the recently concluded APC national convention held over the weekend, The Sun reports.

He said: “I want to also add that the number of senators of APC in the senate remains the largest. I want to call the attention of everyone here to the fact that democracy, as defined by people, remains government of the majority, where minority will always have their say.

READ ALSO: Breaking: Nigerians react to Atiku’s victory as PDP’s presidential candidate (video)
“Those who cannot remember that there was a time in this country when nine was greater than 16, I want to remind them that we have come to that point again.

“Now, we have our chamber dominated and occupied by minority leaders. They remain minority leaders occupying our positions. Those who refuse to follow the part of honour and integrity by exiting; we will send them out with ignominy.

“I want to assure everyone here that 2019 is going to be a walkover for Mr. President, by the grace of God. It will see APC winning more than 24 states.

TRENDING NOW Atiku woos Obasanjo as he becomes PDP's presidential candidate
“We will have a national assembly where vast majority of senators will be from the APC and in the House of Representatives.

“We want to have a National Assembly that will, at all times, work with Mr. President, day and night, to deliver to Nigerians what we have lost over the years.

“The leadership of the National Assembly has shown to us that they are not prepared to be loyal to this administration.

“On Tuesday, we will be going back to the National Assembly when our recess is over. We intend to force through a lot of things and pass that budget for INEC and the security agencies for the 2019 election.

“If we cannot convince them, we intend to force through the foreign plan for this administration. Some people have taken our mandate and ran away with it. We intend to fight, defend and promote the interest of this party at all cost.”

https://newsdey.com/2018/10/1196799-well-impeach-buhari-nass-reopens-senate-leaders-vows-html/

Re: We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows by NewsDeyOnline: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2018
Read about The man Atiku Abubakar https://newsdey.com/2018/10/the-man-atiku-abubakar/
Re: We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows by manmoraskk: 8:58am On Oct 08, 2018
Let wait and see nah.
Re: We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows by chiefolododo(m): 9:00am On Oct 08, 2018
Impeach saraki and PDP members will Impeach your new SP, and then reinstall saraki
Re: We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows by luvmijeje(f): 9:01am On Oct 08, 2018
They should leave Saraki alone and focus on governance.
Re: We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows by Mynd44: 9:09am On Oct 08, 2018

(1)

In The Case Of Cngrssmn Jefferson, Why Atiku Is Wanted - What The Court Said / I Will Waste My Vote On Atiku Abubakar / Onochie Replies Atiku Campaign Organization, Listed Buhari's 64 Achievements.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.