Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency (16043 Views)

Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko / Kwamoti Laori: Each Rep Gets N100m For Constituency Project / Job Slots Brouhaha: Senate Leaders Move To Appease Aggrieved Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Islie: 8:37am On Mar 14
It's True 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200Million Each For Constituency Projects —Chief Whip, Ndume

Nigerian Senate Chief Whip, Ali Ndume on Wednesday admitted that 10 Senate leaders including him got more than N200 million budget each for their constituency projects in the approved 2024 Appropriation Act.

The Senator from Borno South Senatorial District disclosed this on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme on Wednesday, adding that it is a normal practice for some Senators to get more than others.

He said, “My colleagues know that I got more than them (floor members).”

Ndume’s comment comes as a response to the claim of a lawmaker representing Cross River North Senatorial District, Senator Agom Jarigbe, who revealed that some ‘senior’ senators received N500 million each from the 2024 budget.

SaharaReporters reported on Tuesday that Senator Jarigbe made the revelation on the floor of the Senate during the day amid controversy over budget padding allegations made by Senator Abdul Ningi, who represents Bauchi Central Senatorial District on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Ningi had alleged that the Senate leadership padded the 2024 budget with N3.7 trillion and this led to his suspension for three months from the Senate.

Reacting to Senator Agom-Jarigbe’s claim, Ndume continued: It’s disparity now, we are not the same; all animals are equal but some are more equal than the other. That’s what the case is. They have agreed to that.

“All the senators have N200 million (each) as their constituency projects but I am a leader. That is the difference. 10 of us are leaders including those in the opposition. We get more than the floor members. It’s normal.

“That decision is taken by the senators. We have the Senate budget committee before but now the floor members entrusted that to the presiding officers. That’s the difference. So, most of the senators don’t know what I get and I will not tell you.”

https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/13/its-true-10-senate-leaders-including-me-got-over-n200million-each-constituency-projects

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by TANID(m): 8:38am On Mar 14
Hmmm And We No dey see Anything. back to back (FTC)

3 Likes

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Beremx(f): 8:39am On Mar 14
Nigeria corruption matter no go give me high blood pressure.

Next please!

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by sageb: 8:42am On Mar 14
Islie:

It's True 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200Million Each For Constituency Projects —Chief Whip, Ndume

https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/13/its-true-10-senate-leaders-including-me-got-over-n200million-each-constituency-projects

Nlfpmod

senator Ningi was right
corruption in Agbado kingdom

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Xscape1993(m): 9:03am On Mar 14
Nigeria is not ready for growth and development yet.

55 Likes

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Putindbutt: 9:05am On Mar 14
sageb:

senator Ningi was right
corruption in Agbado kingdom
Wailers, Dr Ruby, an Obident member has just collected agbado and put it inside her pocket. suffer no dey tire you?

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Beautifulday: 9:05am On Mar 14
Beremx:
If a whole Senator Ndume can get only 200million naira, who are those senators that got 500million naira? Make una dey play.

Next please!

What they got is not the issue. The issue is, was it captured in the budget?

If not, it's bribery.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Putindbutt: 9:10am On Mar 14
Abaribe also said he collected 266million and these men are ranking senators, so where's the 500million coming from?. If Bello Elrufai could deny receiving SUV, i'd never believe Ningi and his likes. All they do is form factional group to carry out an agenda.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by OfoIgbo: 9:13am On Mar 14
The N200 million that Ndume got, was it captured in the budget as CONSTITUENTY PROJECT money?

Or is he trying to confuse us, seeing that the cat is now out of the bag and he is cunningly trying to label his own loot as constituency project money. If this 200 million is not captured as constituency project money, Ndume should be arrested for being a part of padding the budget.

Nigerians ought to be asking the right questions

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by SoNature(m): 9:38am On Mar 14
People pray for countries where leaders make efforts to fix them. Praying for a country where leaders gather to share the resources of the country is a waste of time and prayer.

People praying for Nigeria are wasting their time and prayer. Direct that prayer to your wellbeing and loved ones. Nigeria wasn't designed to attain greatness!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by nnewsnjobs: 9:49am On Mar 14
Beremx:
If a whole Senator Ndume can get only 200million naira, who are those senators that got 500million naira? Make una dey play.

Next please!
You are reading the story up side down,

Ndume said 10 senators including him got more than 200m, but you are saying he got 200m.

Those 10 senators got the 500m, that is why Ndume refused to mention what he got.

Why are you always defending these people.

Constituency project that nothing will be done at the end of the day. 90% of the constituency budget money will got into each senators personal pucket.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Dpharisee: 11:52am On Mar 14
Ranking Senators get more than N1b in constituency projects, the issue is that some of the projects will never be delivered but completion certificates will be issued and the money paid to their companies

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Caspry5: 11:53am On Mar 14
angry
Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Helinus: 11:54am On Mar 14
Useless administration.

All the people that voted for Tinubu are in regret

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by LagosG: 11:54am On Mar 14
Nigeria is irredeemable

Even if we split up, this irrational, selfish behaviour will unfortunately never stop.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by jericco1(m): 11:54am On Mar 14
We need an ethical cleansing in this country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by inoki247: 11:54am On Mar 14
Lol....

I have no problem with whatever they're getting...

Where I av problem is will the money even be used to develop dere constituency nd will the masses in dere constituency feel the impact....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by LandMann: 11:54am On Mar 14
Northerners defending their own in a veiled manner. Last last Akpabio will be removed from that seat of corruption and waste. Shey u see how dey are coming out to speak about Sharing Nigeria's budget between themselves meanwhile Tinubu is busy chasing shadows while Nigerians rigmarole in poverty.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by DatNiggaDaz: 11:55am On Mar 14
Ok.

How much did Tinubulators get grin grin

Ok let comprehend this theif assertions.
All memebers of the senate got 200million. Senior members also got the 200 million naira.

But since all animals are not equal, in that some animals are highly equal than some animals, Senior Senators got additional 200million, meaning they got double which is 400million. Which is almost 500 million approximately.

So when one of the ordinary Senators that is unequal cried that some Senators got 500million, he was damn right, because he felt he should also be a higher anaimal

This is what the Tinubulators are angry about that Ningi the lower animal who broke the scandal should be suspended and they are happy defending the Suspension of the Senator

People must do away with APC, especially Tinubu

Reacting to Senator Agom-Jarigbe’s claim, Ndume continued: “It’s disparity now, we are not the same; all animals are equal but some are more equal than the other. That’s what the case is. They have agreed to that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by just2endowed: 11:56am On Mar 14
Islie:

all animals are equal but some are more equal than the other.

this statement is the problem of africa.

Truely Nigeria is an animal farm like story.

Some works their life out til they die without any pension and rewards,
the protestant thast complain are banished and sent on exile.
the governmentr people will discussed with the humans(IMF and World bank) on how to share and divide the resources and making sure the people earned peanut and devalue their resources further

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Gossiphub: 11:56am On Mar 14
nnewsnjobs:

You are reading the story up side down,

Ndume said 10 senators including him got more than 200m, but you are saying he got 200m.

Those 10 senators got the 500m, that is why Ndume refused to mention what he got.

Why are you always defending these people.

Constituency project that nothing will be done at the end of the day. 90% of the constituency budget money will got into each senators personal pucket.

Exactly.

Ndume gave half truth.

2 Likes

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by StOla: 11:56am On Mar 14
Good information.

I hope the illiterate mob and anarchists would cure their ignorance and stop brewing a storm in a tea cup.

“All the senators have N200 million (each) as their constituency projects but I am a leader. That is the difference. 10 of us are leaders including those in the opposition. We get more than the floor members. It’s normal.
Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by babaagba1000: 11:56am On Mar 14
WHAT EXACTLY DO THEY DO WITH ALL THIS CASH?.. JUST ASKING OR IS IT JUST BOASTING ABOUT WHAT THEY RECEIVED?[color=#006600][/color][i]

1 Like

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by AllahOfBlood: 11:56am On Mar 14
grin

1 Like

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by casppyjay: 11:57am On Mar 14
Islie:

public servant saying it loud and clear !!! I will not tell you how much largesse I got !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by LagosG: 11:57am On Mar 14
jericco1:
We need an ethical cleansing in this country
Unless you want to nuke every human and start afresh with AI in government, nothing will change

2 Likes

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Samogloby: 11:57am On Mar 14
Putindbutt:
Abaribe also said he collected 266million and these men are ranking senators, so where's the 500million coming from?. If Bello Elrufai could deny receiving SUV, i'd never believe Ningi and his likes. All they do is form factional group to carry out an agenda.
Seriously, you sound like clown! You mentioned 200million as if you are taking about 50 thousand naira

3 Likes

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by easyfem(m): 11:57am On Mar 14
So all Dix money borrowing from china , is for share within house of assembly …. 200m naira why 200 millions of Nigerian don’t knw what to eat this morning … GOD gentle oo and he is kind

1 Like

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by Cantonese: 11:58am On Mar 14
Putindbutt:

Did you read well at all? Or do you even know what’s happening at all?

1 Like

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by StOla: 11:58am On Mar 14
Ignorance and political mischief will soon set this country on fire.

Nigerians are grossly uninformed despite their education, and terribly unrefined like a barbarian horde.

Little wonder there is jungle justice in every nook and cranny.

A people deviod of logic and reasoning, and very hateful of anyone trying to be rational and shed light on their ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency by FutureFocus: 11:58am On Mar 14
Well, I can’t really say much.

If you are remote worker, content creators, customer service representative, buzz me for the best of headsets for your job
Check my WhatsApp for nice offer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At INEC Office In Imo (Photo) / Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi / Military Kills 11 Cattle Rustlers In Katsina, Arrest 39

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.