Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing (1052 Views)

0.45mm Gauge Aluminum Longspan Now Selling @ N1, 070 And 0. 55mm N1, 450 / Measurements, Supply And Installation Of Longspan Roofing Materials / Quality Aluminum Roofing Sheets For Your Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
I just wanted to share quick data on the price of aluminum roofing, data is what I like and I hope its useful for others.

I went direct to the Jony Tech factory in Lagos to make my purchase. I used .45 gauge (my houses are bungalows), and the price was N1,370 per square meter. In Ibadan it is sold at N1,500 per square meter. Difference for me was around N110,500 about $310 so it was worth if for me. The experience of visiting the factory was also priceless.

I transported approximately 850 square meter for N17,500 from factory to my site in Ibadan (elebu area). My Carpenter screwed up a panel that winds destroyed during installation and I had to go and buy one panel from Ibadan at N1,500 per square meter and transport it for N2,500 (that was painful).

Couple of takeaways, go to the factory if you can (I enjoyed the experience personally but wished it wasn't in Lagos), get good measurement, if the work will span over a day then make sure that all half installed panels are well secure (the winds were particularly nasty that night).

Special thanks to Hajj Mufutau (of course, nothing gets done around here without the Don involved) and also KolaShangOne.

PS: Despite what I was told by the driver, they ultimately only move at night after law enforcement has closed for the day. They left the factory in Lagos at 630PM, got to my site in Ibadan around midnight (had to go around bribing watchmen to open security gates as if I was transporting contraband angry ) and they promptly left back for Lagos around 2AM after we ate and drank. So I am not sure why I’m afraid to travel at night as this guys were not bothered a bit to do so. I think we create our own fears.

3 Likes

Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by mufutau55(m): 2:28am On Oct 09, 2018
Lovely brother and thank you for sharing your experience.
Every kobo saved is worth it o. Glad you did it all.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by KolaShangOne(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
Glad I could do the little I could although I wish I had done more but time is always a constraint..

I follow my aluminium trucks to site most times even if we get there 1 or 2 am because it could be damaged easily during loading and offloading and cost of replacing (gbese) can really affect profitability

Travelling at night in Nigeria is dangerous but we thank God for protection..

Goodluck sir, on other aspects of the project..

1 Like

Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
One more thing to add.

Even if you’re using .45mm for the roof panels, you should consider using .55mm and above for the trims.

I wish I did since I can see how that would result in neater work during the install.

My though sha.
Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by mufutau55(m): 3:00am On Oct 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:
One more thing to add.

Even if you’re using .45mm for the roof panels, you should consider using .55mm and above for the trims.

I wish I did since I can see how that would result in neater work during the install.

My though sha.

Oga mi. Why will that make any difference?. Is it that obvious?
I have never used 0.45mm, so just trying to understand.

Hajji M.
Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 10, 2018
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

A thicker metal will be more resistant to creases which is my major issue with longspan. It's only beneficial to folks like me who use .45mm

It's just esthetics and not structural but its obvious to me on couple of roof jobs that I saw after I did mine.
Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by mufutau55(m): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

A thicker metal will be more resistant to creases which is my major issue with longspan. It's only beneficial to folks like me who use .45mm

It's just esthetics and not structural but its obvious to me on couple of roof jobs that I saw after I did mine.

Ok. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by KolaShangOne(m): 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Yes it actually would. Especially for Eaves angle, bottom flashing, Ridges and gutters. It makes installations neater and they wont fall off easily too.

I'm sure you might have seen some Eaves angles and bottom flashes fall off soon after installation..

2 Likes

Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
KolaShangOne:

Yes it actually would. Especially for Eaves angle, bottom flashing, Ridges and gutters. It makes installations neater and they wont fall off easily too.

I'm sure you might have seen some Eaves angles and bottom flashes fall off soon after installation..

This has been a journey of learnings for me. I am humbled and grateful for the education that I am getting.
Re: Price And Transportation Of Longspan Aluminum Roofing by mufutau55(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This has been a journey of learnings for me. I am humbled and grateful for the education that I am getting.

We are all learning. Only a fool stop learning, regardless of age.

Hajji M.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Sale : Uncompleted Structure @ Diamond Estate Scheme 2, Sangotedo, Lekki / 3bedroom Bungalow With BQ / Very Decent 2bedrm Flat With All Amenities 180k P.a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.