Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. (728 Views)

Rivers Election:can We Please Answer The Following Questions? / Is This True Or Just A Lie To Win Election, Can Anyone Confirm This For Us? / APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by oderemo(m): 11:50am On Jul 12, 2010
we have barely months to chosing the next president of nigeria.
one big question boggling my mind is, can anyone out there point to me what the present incumbent has done to merit putting himself up for election.
i am still wondering what jonathan has done since coming to power.
in terms of power supply, jobs,health., fighting corruption, security,roads , health and many more.
pls i wanna know.
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by jerseyguy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2010
My own question is where is the are opposing parties? And what are their plans for the nation? Without any viable opposition, PDP will continue their plunder of the country resources.

I guess Nigeria has been indirectly carved up. The other parties have resigned to regional politics - AC, Labour, ANPP. And Tinubu et al prefer the regional grip on power.

We can only remain hopeful about the fate of the country.
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by snowdrops(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2010
The status quo remains. Continue looting by the rich elite
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2010
ode remo:

we have barely months to chosing the next president of nigeria.
one big question boggling my mind is, can anyone out there point to me what the present incumbent has done to merit putting himself up for election.
i am still wondering what jonathan has done since coming to power.
in terms of power supply, jobs,health., fighting corruption, security,roads , health and many more.
pls i wanna know.
If you are asking what Jonathan has done to deserve 4 more years, then you are asking the wrong person. I am simply here to explain that rather than wait for a MESSIANIC leader to come in for next election, it may be in our best interest to focus more on ousting the current party as it has become the "status quo" picture of our democracy to date.
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by mustafar1: 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
KOBOJUNKIE ousting the present ruling party? by who, the OPPOSITION KE! there is nothing like opposition in nigerian politics. its the same people we have in all the parties. thats why its easy for politicians to decamp as they wish.

ODE REMO, are you really expecting anything else. . . all thats been done so far has been on the pages of newspapers and comsioning crap in as many states of the federation as one is patient enough to count.
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Fhemmmy: 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2010
I will just like to know who are contesting in every party.
I will like to know the timetable for the election
I will like to know the platform of each candidate.
I will like to know what they plan to do.

But seems like nothing is happening and yet we will be electing a leader soon . . . . I wonder what kinda election that would be
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
must_a_far:

KOBOJUNKIE ousting the present ruling party? by who, the OPPOSITION KE! there is nothing like opposition in nigerian politics. its the same people we have in all the parties. thats why its easy for politicians to decamp as they wish.

You are absolutely right! Orji of Abia recently decamped from PPA to APGA so he can probably win next election( not that he cares what is happening in Abia), Donald Duke left PDP so he can run for President etc.

But I believe there are still NOBODY/NEWBIE politicians out there that have not had their chance. I am not in anyway informing you that they are more credible candidates, or that they are not themselves THIEVES-IN-WAITING.  What I am suggesting could be the only thing that works for us in the end; if the current set of hooligans can be replaced with NOBODY's then maybe, just maybe, the switch will give us a chance to take back some more power, than we currently have today in that country.
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
must_a_far:

ODE REMO, are you really expecting anything else. . . all thats been done so far has been on the pages of newspapers and comsioning crap in as many states of the federation as one is patient enough to count.

I have come to realize that Nigerian politics dont really work with Opposition parties, they only wanna win and win, and nothing else matters.
I think Nigeria needs to get rid of some of the function-less parties
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by mustafar1: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2010
OH! i for fear. we need more candidates to make noise and throw themselves into the race and state the party they intend to get their ticket to contest. that way we can start pitching them against each other and have them quizzed. if they would gaffe, let them gaffe now and lets see how they deal with it.

Fhemmy, there are political parties in nigeria that rented two shops in shopping centers and use those as national secretariat.(i know of two parties and know where said offices are, i can provide pics as proof) i say those parties should be called to book by INEC.
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I have come to realize that Nigerian politics dont really work with Opposition parties, they only wanna win and win, and nothing else matters.
I think Nigeria needs to get rid of some of the function-less parties
i used to think so too until i realised some of them are only interested in their pockets too. .i heard an uncomfirmed info recently that TOM IKIMI may likely return to the PDP if jonathan finally becomes pdp flagbearer. . .i wouldnt doubt that since he's not getting federal contracts as an opposition.
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by DisGuy: 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2010
Funny country Funnier people

Me I'm already receiving daily Donation request by Donald Duke and his group, I dont even know if the guy is contesting, what party is he contesting under

i guess two weeks to the day proper we will get 'some' information grin
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2010
must_a_far:

OH! i for fear. we need more candidates to make noise and throw themselves into the race and state the party they intend to get their ticket to contest. that way we can start pitching them against each other and have them quizzed. if they would gaffe, let them gaffe now and lets see how they deal with it.

Fhemmy, there are political parties in nigeria that rented two shops in shopping centers and use those as national secretariat.(i know of two parties and know where said offices are, i can provide pics as proof) i say those parties should be called to book by INEC.

Even the INEC Chairman is only busy looking for how to make money.
~Bluetooth:

i used to think so too until i realised some of them are only interested in their pockets too. .i heard an uncomfirmed info recently that TOM IKIMI may likely return to the PDP if jonathan finally becomes pdp flagbearer. . .i wouldnt doubt that since he's not getting federal contracts as an opposition.

So sad, i just tire
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2010
Dis Guy:

Funny country Funnier people

Me I'm already receiving daily Donation request by Donald Duke and his group, I dont even know if the guy is contesting, what party is he contesting under

i guess two weeks to the day proper we will get 'some' information grin
concealing valuable information is a punishable offence. . .ehm ,can you gimmie any info on that daily package stuff ?
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by DisGuy: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2010
its goes directly to my junk mail its designed like one of those OBAMA internet campaign just fancy graphic
i'll search for them
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
Dis Guy:

its goes directly to my junk mail its designed like one of those OBAMA internet campaign just fancy graphic
i'll search for them
i just want to know if such is recognised by the eletora act cuz i'm seeing it as fraud for now
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by DisGuy: 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
http://www.donalddukeorganisation.org/donate.php

something similar, i'll look for the one sent to me when i get home

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/54748-donald-duke-organization.html

^^ others got the email as well
Re: Months To Election.,can Hardly Believe It. by Dejiteru: 12:22am On Jul 13, 2010
There is a person I am interested in seeing as the next president of Nigeria, His name is Ishola Balogun, I like his ideas and plans he exactly the type of NEWBIE/NOBODY that can rattle the cage and take the case of the Youth head on. Find out about him on:
Kobojunkie:

You are absolutely right! Orji of Abia recently decamped from PPA to APGA so he can probably win next election( not that he cares what is happening in Abia), Donald Duke left PDP so he can run for President etc.

But I believe there are still NOBODY/NEWBIE politicians out there that have not had their chance. I am not in anyway informing you that they are more credible candidates, or that they are not themselves THIEVES-IN-WAITING. What I am suggesting could be the only thing that works for us in the end; if the current set of hooligans can be replaced with NOBODY's then maybe, just maybe, the switch will give us a chance to take back some more power, than we currently have today in that country.
www.anewnigerianow.org or on www.facebook.com/anewnigerianow.

(1) (Reply)

Gej Storms New York With 120-man Delegation For A 36-hour Trip To The Un / NIA, SSS Probe Ex-gov Over Bomb Blasts / Do Not Waste Your Votes Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.