Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Do Not Waste Your Votes Please - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Waste Your Votes Please (727 Views)

Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike / Buhari Should Not Waste Our Time. / Let Us Not Waste Our Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Brownteeth(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2010
We all know we have some personalities in Nigeria who sound upright and determined to profer solutions to the problems inflicting the country. We regard these individuals as people who deserve to lead the country cos they have a good vision for the country. Those who belong to this class may include figures like; Pat Utomi, Donald duke, chris okotie etc. But despite the fact that these individuals sound transparent , giving your votes to them may turn out to be a wasted vote cos these individuals are so unpopular and not widely accepted across Nigeria. In fact it will be so easy for IBB the evil genius to win a free and fair election  in Nigeria than for any of those saints to win. These saints are only popular among the very educated, enlightened and upright people amoung us. Unfortunately majority of the 70 million voters across the country are uneducated ( I don't mean the ability  to read and write ) so they have no chance to be elected   president. For this reason, I think we should narrow down our focus to include only Goodluck Jonathan, Muhammadu Buhari and IBB. I think these three names is what 2011 election should be all about. The rest of the presidential aspirants are like flies buzzing arround our heads to distract attention. You may say that those three names are criminals, but our duty should be to make sure that the lesser criminal among the three of them is elected.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2010
Yes! good for bringing up this thread. Let us not make any mistake that we would regret. We know that the like of Ribadu, Pat and others are good but it's better we direct our vote to GEJ who is more popular. I dont want to be seeing that IBB of a man. When i asked my mum why i was the only one in the family that does not have a childhood pix, she told me that things changed when IBB came to power. When i look at my siblings pix, i became jealous. My mum suffered so had to raise me during that gorilla regime. I did not test ordinary milk during my childhood bcoz of that single man. I would smash any tv i set eyes on showing that man. It does not matter whose tv it would be. Please compatriots, lets not forget so soon. Vote wisely. Vote GEJ 2011
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by monkeyleg: 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
Sorry to differ, but this just confirms my thoughts on the ordinary Nigerian, including some that claim they understand. So I shouldnt vote for Pat Utomi because he wont win, rather I should vote for the other 3 candidates who I dont believe in? This just smacks of Political Laziness.

You guys got to understand something, Freedom and good governance is not cheap, and doesnt happen by taking the route of least resistance, neither does it happen by chosing a leader that doesnt stand for anything, but is popular for nothing.

It might be useful to lcearly state why those 3 candidates appear popular to you guys
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2010
If you vote Pat at this time it means you have just planned to fail. It means you have indirectly voted for IBB. It's better to vote for a human whom you dont believe in than to vote for a devil. Pat can come after GEJ but Pat can never come after IBB. Calculate well and vote wiselly. GEJ 2011 wink
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by monkeyleg: 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2010
Really, So if I vote for Pat, I indirectly vote for IBB. How did you arrive at that conclusion? Why dont you get your family and friends to vote for Pat, that way we get someone in who really represents a change.

This political laziness is unbelievable. Do IBB and GEJ not belong to the same party? Or am I mistaken to believe that a party cannot have more than 1 flagbearer?
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Brownteeth(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2010
monkeyleg, IBB and GEJ are in the same party, but the likely scenario to eventually play out is, GEJ will get the PDP ticket while IBB will decamp to another party.

The simple fact remains that someone like pat isnt popular enough to win a presidential election. There are people across Nigeria who dont even care about his upright personality. It takes more than that to clinch that seat.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Monkeyleg are voting for party or are you voting for the the candidate. If ppl who can vote for IBB is 40%, GEJ = 40%, Pat =20%. We are therefore asking few ppl that would have voted for pat, to vote for Gej. In that way, Gej will win and IBB will become a loser. It's is better drawing from 20 to fill the 40, than otherwise.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by chosen04(f): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2010
Hate being a Nigeria cos of this stupid thread. . . . . . . .What is the poster even advocating self . . . . .

What will you gain by telling PAT's Son not to vote for his father cos he is not too popular to win an election, rather that he should vote for JEGA of the all thiefing PDP who has not even done anything to improve the lots of by kinsmen after more than 5 months? (What has PDP achieved after more than 11 yrs?)
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Brownteeth(m): 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2010
Chosen 04, whats the need of voting for someone who has no chance? Tell me.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by monkeyleg: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Think you guys are missing the point.

So GEJ and IBB are popular, right? for what?

Now should I have for a candidate because his party and him stand for nothing, but they are popular for the wrong reasons. Nigerians really need to go and check themselves

IBB is popular because he is a crook, and Nigerians are prepared to vote for him regardless

GEJ is popular because he has been in office for about 6mths, squandered all the reserves, spent money carelessly, and yes in the process giving Nigerians scraps, while his uncultured wife runs around dashing rice.

OK and Pat is not popular because, though me might be best suited to the job, he says things that the predominatly uneducated Nigerians do not understand, so in other words it is not good for them.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by monkeyleg: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Chosen 04,

My sister, I tire oh for this lazy politicing. I fought this same problem during the last election, and people insisted on Yar Adua. What is with this not voting for someone because you dont think they will win.

I think the basic problem here is people do not even have a clue. We are so politically lazy, we want freedom and good governance on a platter of gold. No hard work, and that is the basic mentallity of the common man in Nigeria, that is why they are not prepared to work hard to archieve success. This is the same principle of 419, kidnapping, corruption. Easy way out.

I have very clear reasons why I dont feel GEJ is suitable

1: He belongs to a party that has seriously damaged our country.
2: GEJ has shown that he does not have a clue
3: GEJ has shown that he very loose with my money, yes I own part of Nigeria's money like you
4: GEJ does not have the address book to call on very capable hands to implement the changes Nigeria desperately needs
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Brownteeth(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2010
monkeyleg, I never said GEJ and IBB are ideal for the job. They may have achieved their popularity through unworthy means, but the fact still remains that they are popular. A lot of Nigerians are troubled and hungry that the have no time to listen to pat utomi's rocket science explanation on how he intends to fix Nigeria's problems. They masses are more intrested to know what GEJ, IBB and buhari are up to cos of their popularity. Its an advantage.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Mobinga: 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2010
kenis:

Yes! good for bringing up this thread. Let us not make any mistake that we would regret. We know that the like of Ribadu, Pat and others are good but it's better we direct our vote to GEJ who is more popular. I dont want to be seeing that IBB of a man. When i asked my mum why i was the only one in the family that does not have a childhood pix, she told me that things changed when IBB came to power. When i look at my siblings pix, i became jealous. My mum suffered so had to raise me during that gorilla regime. I did not test ordinary milk during my childhood bcoz of that single man. I would smash any tv i set eyes on showing that man. It does not matter whose tv it would be. Please compatriots, lets not forget so soon. Vote wisely. Vote GEJ 2011  
Wow!! Are you bleeping serious?
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by redsun(m): 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2010
GEJ's wife was apprehended with millions of unaccounted dollars not 2 long ago by ribadu,d case was subdued. Today GEJ is our president and he is expected to lead us to d promise land. For some uncanny reasons,pple tend to deserve d leaders they get.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by ladi02(m): 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2010
Brownteeth:

monkeyleg, I never said GEJ and IBB are ideal for the job. They may have achieved their popularity through unworthy means, but the fact still remains that they are popular. A lot of Nigerians are troubled and hungry that the have no time to listen to pat utomi's rocket science explanation on how he intends to fix Nigeria's problems. They masses are more intrested to know what GEJ, IBB and buhari are up to cos of their popularity. Its an advantage.

Sorry but this is very a very silly thought line. What is wrong with enlightening people about others, the three names you mentioned have all been Head of State/Presidents which gave them "their popularity" so indirectly we should continue be ruled by past leaders thieves.

A lot of Nigerians are hungry the more reason we should all work together to vote in someone that can change things

I agree with u monkeyleg, the political laziness of nigerians such as Brownteeth & Kenis is what keeps us from moving forward,
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by chosen04(f): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2010
Brownteeth:

Chosen 04, whats the need of voting for someone who has no chance? Tell me.

What is the need for voting for someone whose 4 yrs period will be a total waste. . . . .Tell me.

I repeat, I will rather waste my vote, than vote someone for winning sake whose tenure will not only be a waste but will further compound the already existing problems in the country . . . . .
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Brownteeth(m): 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2010
ladi02, the problem is the mass poverty and poor enlightenment and not me. If majority of Nigerians were educated then people like pat utomi will be men to beat. Unfortunately this is not the case. If you think the uneducated ones needs to be educated, how many of them have been educated so far?
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by CrudeOil2(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2010
I believe you are the one who is actually wasting his votes. Why would you vote retrogression?
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by chosen04(f): 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Chosen 04,

My sister, I tire oh for this lazy politicing. I fought this same problem during the last election, and people insisted on Yar Adua. What is with this not voting for someone because you dont think they will win.

I think the basic problem here is people do not even have a clue. We are so politically lazy, we want freedom and good governance on a platter of gold. No hard work, and that is the basic mentallity of the common man in Nigeria, that is why they are not prepared to work hard to archieve success. This is the same principle of 419, kidnapping, corruption. Easy way out.

I have very clear reasons why I dont feel GEJ is suitable

1: He belongs to a party that has seriously damaged our country.
2: GEJ has shown that he does not have a clue
3: GEJ has shown that he very loose with my money, yes I own part of Nigeria's money like you
4: GEJ does not have the address book to call on very capable hands to implement the changes Nigeria desperately needs

Moneyleg,

Do you mind all these lazy political minded analyst . . . . . . . . . .

1) JEGA has even shown that he is incapable of improving the lots of his kinsmen.

2) JEGA's continued stooging for OBJ means that his 4 yrs period if elected will be a total waste . . . . . . .So, tell me the essence of joining the majority to parttake in wasting of a complete presidential tenure in the name of voting a popular candidate indeed!!!!!
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Brownteeth(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2010
chosen04, the truth is that one of those criminals will become president next year. Whether you like it or not. The best we can do is make sure that the lesser criminal among those three heavy weight becomes president. simple
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by MaiSuya(m): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2010
Brownteeth:

chosen04, the truth is that one of those criminals will become president next year. Whether you like it or not. The best we can do is make sure that the lesser criminal among those three heavy weight becomes president. simple

So who among them is the 'lesser criminal'?
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by chosen04(f): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Brownteeth

Mai Suya:

So who among them is the 'lesser criminal'?

Just like the above question . . . . . . . . . . .the so seen as a lesser criminal 2day will be the biggest and the worst criminal 2morow.

So, i will rather waste my vote than join the majority to make today's lesser criminal tomorrow's REGRET for the country.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by ladi02(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2010
Brownteeth:

ladi02, the problem is the mass poverty and poor enlightenment and not me. If majority of Nigerians were educated then people like pat utomi will be men to beat. Unfortunately this is not the case. If you think the uneducated ones needs to be educated, how many of them have been educated so far?

You mean since the uneducated are more than the educated, they will vote for the popular names and everyother person should not waste their time? Did i get your point right? so the educated should back the less evil of the popular names. What a backward way to think, thats is in one word slavery my friend. Nigerians have the right to demand for change and without a fight rather than taking defeat Nigeria will never move forward.

pls think positive! b4 we recommend you to becomrich to be moved to Benin grin
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by redsun(m): 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
Some nigerians tend to confuse notoriety with popularity.Nigerian leaders since d second republic are nothing other than notorious with d exception of Idiagbon who tried to steer d country on d path of discipline,responsibility and accountability
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by chosen04(f): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2010
redsun:

Some nigerians tend to confuse notoriety with popularity.Nigerian leaders since d second republic are nothing other than notorious with d exception of Idiagbon who tried to steer d country on d path of discipline,responsibility and accountability

GBAM!
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Mobinga: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2010
SMH @ thread
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by Brownteeth(m): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2010
ladi02, the fact still remains that the 2011 elections is between GEJ, Buhari and IBB if he doesnt get the PDP ticket. Its either you vote for the best among these three or you forget about voting.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by ladi02(m): 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2010
Brownteeth:

ladi02, the fact still remains that the 2011 elections is between GEJ, Buhari and IBB if he doesnt get the PDP ticket. Its either you vote for the best among these three or you forget about voting.

You are wrong Ribadu is as popular as Buhari imo it will be between GEJ & Ribadu

I am ready to "waste my Vote" but will proudly vote for Ribadu, than any of the so called "popular names"  angry
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by MShittu: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2010
I'm pretty scared of the upcoming elections, cuz erything's being postponed. They'd better be doing so for good reason, cuz if they're not, then what we might be seeing is an attempt by GEJ to perpetuate himself in power. I'm just hoping I'm paranoid tongue
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by redsun(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
IBB's participation in nigerian presidential election can be likened to a situation where late pinnuche of chile had come back to contest for presidential election after his reign of terror in chile.Nigeria is fucke-d for real.
Re: Do Not Waste Your Votes Please by monkeyleg: 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Brownteeth

If you are telling me that the Nigerian people after so many years of misrule are still taken in by hollow popularity, then let me be the first to say unreservedly. The Nigerian people then are damn stupid. If after so long of bread, garri, and rice politics, they can still believe in the likes of IBB and GEJ, then I am sorry we ate a stupid society.

And for those who advocate ditching beliefs to support popularity, you are just showing the typical Nigerian in us. Not prepared to work hard but want to drive nice car. You are not prepare to fight for a successful government, yet you all want a functioning system. Please wake up, things doin work like that in the real world, you need to put in the graft to enjoy any tangible benefits. Politicaly lazy people

(1) (Reply)

The Monster In Our Electoral System / Why Ijaw Youths Are Not Excited With The Jonathan Presidency–iyc President / Lad Ojomo Won The Illegal Primary In Owo Constituency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.