Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,840 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:41 AM

Advancing Your Career Through Self Development - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advancing Your Career Through Self Development (272 Views)

Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) / Upgrade Your Career Through ICT / How To Advance Your Career Through Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advancing Your Career Through Self Development by ValourDigest(m): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
ADVANCING YOUR CAREER THROUGH SELF DEVELOPMENT
Everyone desires career growth but only those who spend time to invest in themselves usually get to the point where they live their dreams. Most people are motivated, but motivation is not enough because the bridge that connects motivation to reality is discipline. What I’m emphasising is that apart from listening to motivational speakers and reading motivational books, you need discipline to make your dreams a reality. And it is not a one-off thing, it takes consistency to achieve success. This agrees with the view of the late American businessman, Jim Rohn, whose formula for success, says “Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals.” The same goes for career growth, there are basic fundamental steps you must take consistently to experience a leap in your career.

Self development is the key to experiencing career growth. We observe this in the story of the young Malawian inventor, William Kamkwamba. He was born into relative poverty and relied primarily on farming to survive. A season of crippling famine forced Kamkwamba to drop out of school. He was not able to return to school because his family was unable to afford the tuition fee. In a desperate attempt to retain his education, Kamkwamba began to frequently visit the library. It was at the local library where Kamkwamba discovered his true love for electronics.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/advancing-your-career-through-self-development/

HOW TO HAVE YOUR OWN BUSINESS & BE A CEO
Being the chief executive officer of your own business is a dream come true for those who don’t want to answer to anyone and have the energy and fortitude to persevere through business obstacles. While this avenue isn’t for everyone, every day new entrepreneurs seek employment freedom by opening their own businesses. In 2008, the Small Business Administration reported more than 627,000 new businesses with almost 600,000 business closures. Starting your own business and serving as CEO is simple, but building a business that endures early growth hiccups and withstands difficult economic periods requires diligent work and discipline.

Write a business plan that develops a business idea into a viable product or service company that understands its target market and how to reach those buyers. Research industry, demographic and small business statistics through resources such as the SBA, the U.S. Census Bureau and your local Chamber of Commerce.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/how-to-have-your-own-business/

SPLITTING FINANCIAL DUTIES WITH YOUR PARTNER: YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG
If you’re in a relationship—or have ever been in a relationship—you know that managing money as a twosome can be tricky.

We get questions every day about … how should we divide it? Who should pay for what? So when rather controversial research came out suggesting there’s a whole new way to divide your money in a couple, we perked up.

Especially since, in many traditional American households, the husband manages the investments while the wife manages daily budgeting and spending …. and that, researchers say, might be all wrong.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/splitting-financial-duties-partner-youre-wrong/

WHY IT’S TIME TO STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR WHAT’S NOT WORKING
I’m too old. I’m too busy. I’m too broke. I don’t know how.

Listen to the excuses of truly successful people and one thing will stand out: They don’t make any. Rather, they own their choices and take full responsibility for the results they create, what they do and what they don’t.

If you really want to do something, then do it. You have to stop lying to yourself about why you haven’t done it already.

Not disciplined/outgoing/experienced/educated/connected/(fill in the blank) enough?
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/time-stop-making-excuses-whats-not-working/

CONTROL OR GROWTH? WHICH IS CRITICAL TO A BUSINESS’ SURVIVAL?
From “my” business to “ours”…

My five-year legal battle to get a license for my mobile telecoms venture in Zimbabwe is well documented. I had been forced to sell the business I’d built with equity support from the IFC, as my legal battle to set up a mobile company became toxic. Finally, the court had ruled in my favor. The government had accepted the ruling of the Supreme Court of Zimbabwe.

The harassments of the so-called “rogue elements” of the CIO had become a way of life. They followed me everywhere, and occasionally pulled me in for questioning.

Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/control-growth-critical-business-survival/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Career Resources / Apply Now | Become A Wordpress Developer / Apply Now: MHF Graduate Teacher Trainee Programme 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.