Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain (37644 Views)

Atiku Must Pick Up His Phone To Call President Buhari- Keyamo / Atiku Must Tell Us Who He’s Planning To Sell NNPC To - Bismarck Rewane / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by dazzlingd(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Can you imagine the shameless effontery of SW begging for VP ticket of a party they loathed. While others were slaving (SESS) to keep the opposition afloat, yoruba were mocking it and trying to kill it. Now they are cap in hand begging for VP slot of a party they detest.

yorubas make una try dey get shame small na. haba!

Use your tongue to count your teeth.

Yourbas play politics well, they flow with power, check it out, since 1999, Yoruba have been determining your next leaders,.
Obasanjo brought Gej and Yaradua for you. Obansanjo turned against Gej. The jagabans brought you your present government. Everyone knows very well yorubas are needed to take power. Can that be said of the Igbos who are so irrelevant because of their rigid style of politics and chest beating.

Any party that Yoruba is not strongly invovled in 2019 will not win. Sorry, it's your atiku that should be begging for Yoruba support.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by bishopkay: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2018
RockHard:

I am only saying that Atiku has the SE bloc vote on lock down, so why not strategically give the VP slot to a zone where it will have more impact? It is only common sense, no sentiments.

When you overlook the love your wife has for you and continue cheating, she would turn Into a wild dog, and you won't see the love she once had for you.

Atiku's undoing would be to treat the SE and SS love and support for him with levity. Everyone in Nigeria knows the SW voters are unreliable. The SE deserves the VP slot not even the SS. They have produced a president

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by EasternActivist: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
tiger28:
AGAIN the igbos made a political blunder...... Atiku will use and dump them....... COLLOSAL losers of life!

No one in history has ever used the Igbos and dump them but can that be said about the Yoruba's.

Igbos have never made any political blunder in history.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by deomelo: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
dazzlingd:

Ipob begging desperately to be slave of the Fulani. Interesting, who says love can't be found in the most unexpected of all situations.

The real Hausa Fulani slaves. Igbos are known for eating their vomit.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Ugosample(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
open eyes and see pdp has schemed yorubas out of the party.wike told our leaders to go to hell when it was the turn to produce chairman.if south west eventually vote for atiku south south and east will take over his govt and yorubas will be reduced to mere followers of the party.
a vote for buhari is vote for osibanjo and fashola.
pdp did nothing for yorubas from 1999 till date. the infrastructures we enjoy re done by our governors.
apc has embarked on big infrastructural projects that will be delivered by december and first quarter of 2019.
dont allow igbos to blackmail us to vote pdp that did nothing for us

look at this one cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by jaxxy(m): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2018
hucienda:
Vanguard, the chieftain no get name?

The Yoruba and Igbo are really hustling for this ticket. cheesy

Atiku be like "na dem dey rush me." grin

Realistically speaking, all politicians of note in Yorubaland are all in the APC. The 6 SW states are in firm control of the APC, even the current VP is from the APC, so politically it would be tough for Atiku to pick a SW over a SE that currently has three states in the PDP column. The PDP as a party obviously made a tactical mistake not ceding the PDP Chairmanship to the SW. They should have been strategic and planned to avoid this potential scenario in advance where the big two in the south slug in out.

Politics is not about sentiments but interests and strategy - and it would pay Atiku to pick his vice in a stronghold - else he risks voter apathy and indifference in such places.

Ur analysis is very smart and correct. We need a prominent person from the SW not just anyone, someone in the caliber of IWELA or just settle for her because she comes with alot of foreign/western credibility and support which complements Atiku.

In anycase the sw must carried along or we risk loosing them. Either the national chairman steps down for sm1 from the southwest if NOI gets VP

1 Like

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by bishopkay: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2018
dazzlingd:

Yourbas play politics well, they flow with power, check it out, since 1999, Yoruba have been determining your next leaders,.
Obasanjo brought Gej and Yaradua for you. Obansanjo turned against Gej. The jagabans brought you your present government. Everyone knows very well yorubas are needed to take power. Can that be said of the Igbos who are so irrelevant because of their rigid style of politics and chest beating.

Any party that Yoruba is not strongly invovled in 2019 will not win. Sorry, it's your atiku that should be begging for Yoruba support.

Well it doesn't look like that now @ the bolded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2018
deomelo:
Which kain rubbish be this ke?

Abeg we want ipob VP from ipob SE village o, don't listen to the SW jokers.

grin grin

I don't even want d vp to come from West, Atiku pls pick someone from South East , at least westerners will have no reason to vote pdp, smooth ride for Buhari

1 Like

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Nyceguy92: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
The most important thing is how to move Nigeria forward.
The Mr No-name PDP chieftain is greedy and has no basis for his statement.

APC as a party has failed to perform and it is time for a change, just as it is done on the soccer pitch.
Atiku/PDP will definitely win huge votes in the SW because the average educated men and women will surely vote PDP.
Only the uninformed will vote along tribal lines because of the Vice president.

The SE/SS politically have been marginalized.
They had always voted predominantly PDP regardless.

The choice of a VP from the SE, say, Mr Peter Obi, will further consolidate PDP hold on these (SE/SS) regions.
Obi is prudent and visionary. He has managed men and resources very well in the past (please watch his YouTube interviews).

What I want for Nigeria are people, no matter where they come from, who will cover our lost grounds developmentally.
Look at our roads, electricity, and water supply. They are in shambles.

The technology for regular power supply is her on Earth, not gotten from the moon.
Most African countries have better power supply than The Giant of Africa!

The era of voting for a candidate because he is my relative or we come from the same region should belong to the past.
Let's put only the good men and women in there to work for us.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Rebelutionary: 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
RockHard:

No. Atiku already said he is willing to do only one term in office to complete the North's turn so that the presidency can come vack to the South.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/2019-ill-sign-undertaking-to-do-one-term-if-elected-president-atiku/

It is based on that premise that the SE delegates voted for him, and not because of any VP slot per se. Anyway, let's wait and see.
And you believe him? Wow...are you not a Nigerian? I had to quote you cos you kept repeating that gibberish!
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Ugosample(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
lonelydora:
On behalf of all Igbos.....we are not bothered where the VP comes from. We need to rescue Nigeria first by sending the dullard back to Daura.

exactly

1 Like

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Akinz0126(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Can you imagine the shameless effontery of SW begging for VP ticket of a party they loathed. While others were slaving (SESS) to keep the opposition afloat, yoruba were mocking it and trying to kill it. Now they are cap in hand begging for VP slot of a party they detest.

yorubas make una try dey get shame small na. haba!

Use your tongue to count your teeth.

Ma guy I followed each and every of your comments I must say you spoke nothing but the truth.

As for those saying sw is for buhari you all have forgotten that SW are unpredictable the reason they voted massively against gej was because they were sidelined yes,but not just that they were all tired about the corruption under his watch.

But presently now most south westerners are tired of PMB because hunger has ravaged the land including the delayment in the payment of salary.Yoruba's are intelligent people they know what they want but what they are actually seeing now was not what they bargained for

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by mathew247: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
Atiku should know he's not winning any state in Yoruba land. he should pick Peter Obi or Ben Bruce. He's got South East And South South Vote already... and good number from SS&SE living in Yoruba land. He should find a way to atikulate the north.

IMO state and Ebonyi na PDP dem dey vote for.
the real battle na north.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by enemyofprogress: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
Osinbajo or Pastor Bakare are his best choice
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Wahala90: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
Go

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Enugupikin: 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
dazzlingd:

So what are u doing now? Your really want it.

Whichever, Atiku cannot win the election, that's the bitter truth. My heart only goes out to all the Igbos whose heart would be broken beyond repair after election, then you will begin to scream biafra again for the next 4 years.
if Atiku cant win so why are u fighting for the vp slot...you it in your heart that buhari has lost momentum and about to lose
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by oodualover: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kooldon:
My point is not abt where VP is picked from but who has the integrity and a greater capacity to win more votes to PDP?
Femi Otedola(SW) just an exemple, will just do the magic by spliting the vote from APC stronghold
This is a dream. APC will win the south west. We dont need PDP here in the west
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Gudybay(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
Am from Southwest but best place to pick candidate is from Southeast because as for southwest no candidate is that credible to pull crowd. because Apc has hold all states but the vote will still be share not 80/20.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by deomelo: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
yemaldo:

I don't even want d vp to come from West, Atiku pls pick someone from South, at least westerners will have no reason to vote pdp, smooth ride for Buhari

It really doesn't matter, he's already carrying the ibo candidate label in the North and SW so he's automatically locked out in the SW and the North. Even his votes in the SE and SS are going to be seriously diluted and shared with the APC.

grin grin
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Carlyscales: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
Nogodye:
If you're picking VP from S/W, Fayose should be the last person to be consider...
Of course ooo!
To avoid stories that touch
We don't want someone turning Aso rock into animal/poultry farm
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by IbrahimDamola: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
Iblad0994:

Omo Igbo, why are you denying your ancestral image by using a fake name.

Aburo, omo iya mi, bawo ni.... Ojukokoro o ni pa wa ni'ile yooba sha. Kini afe fi VP slot awon PDP se? Sebi osibanjo ti sha gba VP slot awon APC. Se ole buruku ni wa ni'ile yooba ni? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by OBAGADAFFI: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
ModsareChevres:

You must be deluded

Tell me more

The SW got natural phobia for PDP.
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by lonelydora: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
IamAtikulate:

I am bothered because SW is a political suicide. SW would never leave Osinbanjo for Fayose or Adeshina and SE, PDP's strongest hold would never support a NE/SW.

If we are so sure that they would vote PDP, then we would give the ticket to them, Ndi Igbo are progressive and Buhari is the common enemy. But SW would NEVER take that initiative.

Exactly! I didn't think it this way
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Akinz0126(m): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
yemaldo:

I don't even want d vp to come from West, Atiku pls pick someone from South East , at least westerners will have no reason to vote pdp, smooth ride for Buhari

See them a won jegudu jera. More reason Nigeria has refused to move forward. Until when are we gonna continue this way?What will profit you if VP come from your place?What has changed ever since you have a sw as a VP?has the rate of hunger reduced, has employment rate increased,can you boast of three square meal a day(balanced diet)? Think my friend think.

Yoruba ronu oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by IbrahimDamola: 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
dazzlingd:

If yoruba are as powerful as you opined Awo would have been president. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Austin234(m): 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
I love your articulated reasons

hucienda:
Vanguard, the chieftain no get name?

The Yoruba and Igbo are really hustling for this ticket. cheesy

Atiku be like "na dem dey rush me." grin

Realistically speaking, all politicians of note in Yorubaland are all in the APC. The 6 SW states are in firm control of the APC, even the current VP is from the APC, so politically it would be tough for Atiku to pick a SW over a SE that currently has three states in the PDP column. The PDP as a party obviously made a tactical mistake not ceding the PDP Chairmanship to the SW. They should have been strategic and planned to avoid this potential scenario in advance where the big two in the south slug in out.

Politics is not about sentiments but interests and strategy - and it would pay Atiku to pick his vice in a stronghold - else he risks voter apathy and indifference in such places.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by RedAlert08(m): 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
RockHard:

Atiku will get SE votes regardless of where his VP comes from so no need wasting the slot on them. SE is PDP, PDP is SE. wink grin cheesy

Very intelligent submission.
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Ronel0908: 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
Right now there is nobody from the southwest that can challenge for the post, cos Jagaban have the large say there, from my opinion I think a good force from the southeast can give Atiku a good egde over Buhari base on economy recession bedeviling the country. And with the good negotiations of the east in biz they can cos little growth in the economy right now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by IbrahimDamola: 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
Akinz0126:

See them a won jegudu jera. More reason Nigeria has refused to move forward. Until when are gonna continue this way?What will it profit you if VP should come from your place?What has changed ever since you have a sw as a VP?

Ori e wa nbe!

Cc Iblad0994.
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
RockHard:

Atiku will get SE votes regardless of where his VP comes from so no need wasting the slot on them. SE is PDP, PDP is SE. wink grin cheesy
Not really bro.
I think Atiku is stock in-between 2 very important zones here and his decision may either increase or decrease his chances in 2019.
If I were him I will pick my VP from the South East.
My reason is that the West naturally leans towards the APC or anything but PDP since 1999, plus there are no strong men to help ganer enough votes for him there(strong men win elections in Nigeria and not the masses).
Should he fail to pick a VP from the East, there will be voters apathy from that region which is a supposed PDP strong hold (d lesser the turnout, the better for Buhari). The APC will use it to campaign against them in the East too which will make some people vote for them out of anger for the PDP.

What PDP needs is to close ranks in the North East to check mate Buhari too.
If South South and South East can turn out enmass for the PDP plus his North East and North Central, the South West and the North West will be cancelled out.

But in all, I still think Buhari has d upper hand for now.
My opinion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by Softhands(m): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Awon ole...
olaolaking:
I disagree with you. The people of SE and SS had already accepted Atiku. No matter what, they will vote Atiku. But picking his vice in southwest will affect APC because it will be a way of dividing and sharing the SW votes
Re: Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain by gurnam: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
Enugupikin:

Deji is an APC man and yoruba is APC..Yoruba should stick with buhari..be like yoruba has seen buhari will soon lose and are looking for cover

I smell fear all over you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu Campaign Director, Najatu Mohammed, Dumps APC / May God Forbid That Any Government Will Repeat What Gej's Did – Oby Ezekwesil / Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.