Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? (727 Views)

I Need A Webmaster For An Urgent Two Weeks Job / Google Adsense Running On My Wapka Site What Did You Think Webmaster / Orin: First web-based music streaming platform for Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by jeshurun07: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2010
been seeing alot of webmasters of africa banners around and am interested in knowin who they are and what are they into?
Re: Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by lagoshost(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2010
Pls give us a link. I will love to see it.
Re: Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by yawatide(f): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2010
Site: http://www.webmastersofafrica.com/

About WOA: http://www.webmastersofafrica.com/about-webmasters-of-africa/

Purpose of site/organization:
- To provide a place where webmasters of African origin can register and be seen by those of African origin who need a website but aren't comfortable hiring non-Africans

- To promote the African webmaster

- Eventually, to lay the foundation for possible meetings so that fellow African webmasters know who they are and meet, not for politics but to share knowledge.
Re: Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by lagoshost(m): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ok, we have to do a research and find out who is responsible for that. Let it not just be a guy out there trying to make a name for himself.
Re: Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by DualCore1: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2010
lol no waka far for ur research o. Woulda loved to see that site grow up into something like a webmasters haven but a few things jst refuse to work in Nigeria.
Re: Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by yawatide(f): 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2010
I happen to know the guy personally. He has actually told me a few people over the years have contacted him, thanking him for the site as they have landed clients via the site (one of the features is "find a webmaster" where you enter your search criteria and get webmasters that meet the search criteria).

He is actually in the US and as mentioned earlier, but for logistical reasons, his plan is to eventually set up a meeting where we could all meet-and-greet, and rub minds for the betterment of us all. If things go well after that, he intends to set up a branch in every African country.

As Dual may have suggested, there are things that work flawlessly in other parts of the world, basic things, which for some reason refuse to work within the Nigerian environment. I can personally attest to this. It is very discouraging. Don't lose the faith though.
Re: Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by OmniPotens(m): 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2010
I'm checking to ensure I haven't lost mine. Where's my faith? wink

@yawa I still got no words for you oooo
Re: Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by bakenda(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2010
Where is Keteren Banki located?

In the US, I guess?

Just my 2 cents.

wink grin
Re: Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? by yawatide(f): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2010
he he, bakenda, there is something called google. I suggest you start using it wink

(1) (Reply)

Sms Sending Php Application / My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World / Get An E-book On Step By Step Guide To Web Design/development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.