Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,374 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World (725 Views)

Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For / I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice / The Untimely Demise Of Kalahari In Kenya And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 29, 2010
I am announcing my leave from the world of website development, i am returning back to what i do best - software programming - correction, has returned to software programming.
I will probably go back to the programming board of nairaland, but will still visit here once in awhile. No doubt i will miss some of you guys here sha.
I dont know if my leave is temporary or permanent, but for the next one year or so, i have some interesting software applications i am going to be working on - luckily, since i have been freelancing all this time, i can pull off a bit easily, but for my old clients, well, we will find a way to sort them out
- outsourcing is not always a bad idea really.
This is not easy for me to do at all, leave all of d-h-t-m-l programming. . . .and return to all them C++,C#,VB.NET,Java. . . .i am already missing them
joomla and drupal already.
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by DualCore1: 5:55am On Sep 29, 2010
This is sad. sad

But i'll focus on the good side: Afrobaby is now a free bird for me to catch hia smiley. Thanks bro, I appreciate cool.

You will be back. That, I know.
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by drone99(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2010
Goodluck to you, i actually thought you were retiring to join politics grin
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by basking4me: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2010
@DHTML,

I am happy you are leaving, grin

No more competition from you!. Everybody that has been shouting your name, ''DHTML, the best developer and trainer on NL'' will have to relocate with you to programming section.

In the mean time, those students you mentioned, will you pass them over to my school since you wont be taking development classes too,

This will leave me here to become the undisputed yet uncrowned best web developer of NL, shocked

Have a great time out there!
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2010
Basking, Your crazily amusing, So you dey happy say DHTML dey commot, cause you won dey follow all this newbies claim Champion!

@Post. I have followed DHTML for a long time. And i know, even if no one knows and give props to some ideeorts on Nairaland, that he is the Best Webdeveloper, anyone can ever work with.

Virtually everyone has indirectly tapped from his anointing. The guy who trained me is a product of DHTML,

So bros, go, i go come meet you there soon! Me self dey plan retirement!

@DHTML. Shege, See your mouth like Retire. You think say i go cry. I go still pass Bug to you if i see anyone wey pass me. If na Ajax or Js! Abi you think you be DaGrin or Terry G!
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2010
Dhtml Retire Yeah Right he's gonna register another new id and become moderator of this forum i doubt it's that easy to retire like that
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by lojik(m): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2010
@DHTML
If i choose to see this from a software programmer's point of view, i go say u don hammer b4 u make dis decision.
If i choose to see it from a web developer's point of view, i go still say u don hammer to have made dis decision.

Whichever way, pepper don rest for u my guy. Ja mi si now. Wetin dey happen?
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by SamMilla1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2010
drone99:

Goodluck to you, i actually thought you were retiring to join politics  grin

grin grin grin grin  Especially with the election year coming
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by yawatide(f): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2010
A toad doesn't jump in the broad daylight for nothing. If you see an old lady running real fast during the day, it's either because her grand child is missing or because she can't find her snuff box.

There is more to this than meets the eye. Stay tuned grin grin wink grin grin
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by quadrillio(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

A toad doesn't jump in the broad daylight for nothing. If you see an old lady running real fast during the day, it's either because her grand child is missing or because she can't find her snuff box.

There is more to this than meets the eye. Stay tuned grin grin wink grin grin
@yawa, I ve to agree with you. this is a skill he's best known for. I can't wait for the full version LOL grin

lojik:

@DHTML
If i choose to see this from a software programmer's point of view, i go say u don hammer b4 u make dis decision.
If i choose to see it from a web developer's point of view, i go still say u don hammer to have made dis decision.

Whichever way, pepper don rest for u my guy. Ja mi si now. Wetin dey happen?
Everly, any which way he will surelly survive. a programmer will always hammer, most especially a Good one like DHTML.

@DHTML, JA MI SI. I can switch ooo if the pay is right. LOL grin grin grin

what will happen to tutorials on this section? Webezzi gone, DHTML going. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

- SAFE
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
lojik and yawatide are very close to the point, but well, i am switching fields into another section of IT which is more of programming and less of web development. I will still hang around here a little sha.

basking, you no serious at all. . .i am not changing my ID (i love it), without my dhtml skills, i will never have what it takes to do what i am getting into now
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by mcfranc(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
Very close to the point indeed. E bi like say na you develop the software wey INEC won use for the election process. Wishing you all the best in your ACTIVE retirement.
Re: My Untimely Leave/retirement From The Website Development World by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 01, 2010
You guyz make it sound like i am writing my EPITAPH. Not so, just switch to another line, just that i have reduced my web IT time to about 10-20% and programming to ehm about 80-90%.

(1) (Reply)

Get An E-book On Step By Step Guide To Web Design/development / I Need A Theming Expert Now! / Teach Graphic And Web Design For 10days And Earn 10k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.