Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement (17662 Views)

EFCC Releases Official Statement About Naira Marley / Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Mophasa(m): 1:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
Despite the hoopla that has trailed the allegation on the social media , the State of Minnesota , U . S. , has yet to issue an official statement about the alleged declaration of October 6 as Wizkid Day .

According to trending tweets and video , sensational musician Ayo Balogun , aka Wizkid , was honoured with a day in the American state , where he performed at the Skyway Theatre on October 6 .

Although a photograph of the said declaration is available on Twitter and the singer actually retweeted it on his Twitter handle @ wizkidayo , the governor of the state , Mark Dayton , has made no mention of it on his Twitter handle .

According to The Investigations , whenever the State of Minnesota makes such a proclamation as is being claimed by Wizkid and his teeming fans, it is usually gazetted and reported on the state ’ s website via a dedicated URL .

For instance, when Taylor Swift and Beyonce/ JayZ had days dedicated to them , the news was reported vide : Taylor Swift and Beyonce respectively.

Again , official letters issued to Taylor Swift and Beyonce, and published on the state ’ s website, were dated the same day they got the recognition , unlike Wizkid ’ s letter which was dated September 26 th while the Wizkid Day is declared as October 6 .

There was also no mention of Wizkid Day on the Governor ’ s website , or the state ’ s website.

Meanwhile , Wizkid has yet to upload a copy of the purported certificate on his social media pages as of the time of filing this report.

The latest artiste to be honoured with a day is Taylor Swift , and the proclamation was dated August 31 , 2018 , the same day officially allotted as her day .

See a screenshot of the search of the Minnesota Government website:

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2018/10/wizkid-day-minnesota-government-yet-to.html?m=1

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by 3millionia: 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
cool
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by hisexcellency34: 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Any lies and gullible Nigerians will believe. How can a governor declare a day as official and yet no official statement backing it up?

19 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by YomzzyDBlogger: 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
cool
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Lexusgs430: 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Who cares?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by aynurni220(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
shocked
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Kerry111: 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by holluwai(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
Who God bless....
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
Some Nigerians can believe anything sha..... The gullible ones!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Who cares?
.............Dettol cares wink

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Badonasty(m): 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Mophasa:
Despite the hoopla that has trailed the allegation on the social media , the State of Minnesota , U . S. , has yet to issue an official statement about the alleged declaration of October 6 as Wizkid Day .

According to trending tweets and video , sensational musician Ayo Balogun , aka Wizkid , was honoured with a day in the American state , where he performed at the Skyway Theatre on October 6 .

Although a photograph of the said declaration is available on Twitter and the singer actually retweeted it on his Twitter handle @ wizkidayo , the governor of the state , Mark Dayton , has made no mention of it on his Twitter handle .

According to The Investigations , whenever the State of Minnesota makes such a proclamation as is being claimed by Wizkid and his teeming fans, it is usually gazetted and reported on the state ’ s website via a dedicated URL .

For instance, when Taylor Swift and Beyonce/ JayZ had days dedicated to them , the news was reported vide : Taylor Swift and Beyonce respectively.

Again , official letters issued to Taylor Swift and Beyonce, and published on the state ’ s website, were dated the same day they got the recognition , unlike Wizkid ’ s letter which was dated September 26 th while the Wizkid Day is declared as October 6 .

There was also no mention of Wizkid Day on the Governor ’ s website , or the state ’ s website.

Meanwhile , Wizkid has yet to upload a copy of the purported certificate on his social media pages as of the time of filing this report.

The latest artiste to be honoured with a day is Taylor Swift , and the proclamation was dated August 31 , 2018 , the same day officially allotted as her day .

See a screenshot of the search of the Minnesota Government website:

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2018/10/wizkid-day-minnesota-government-yet-to.html?m=1

Is it your day

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Doerstech(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Atikulate2019

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by SHOPPERS(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Una too dey give unasef high BP on top this kid's matter. You wan kill unasef ni? What if the guy just dey play with ya head now?

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Iscoalarcon: 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
Bad Belle bloggers so you guys even dedicated time just to search wether it is official or not

Nawaoo for some hungry bloggers sad angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by DonBenny77(m): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
As day break naso manya and weed clear for the governor eye

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by kirkwood: 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
Childish Gambino
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by kinglyt: 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
This is my first time commenting on nairaland
I thank God,my parent,my friend,my buddy,my haters for giving me this opportunity to be able to air my view on this great platform.
you can also welcome me you know..

BTW lol I wonder those who believe this ,wizkid fans will not allow us hear word in peace.
October 6 wizkid day ko Lifeless dey nii.

10 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nigerian singer Praiz was also conferred and confirmed.

He don't even yell about it

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by package7(m): 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kiwa lo kan mi ni bee..... Waiting concern me for there, park well jare. Shior
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Elthugnificent(m): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Who cares?
YCS
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by MufasaRebirth: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wizkid no get day for lasgidi na Amelica come dash am day grin

I Dey laff ooo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Cyoung4real(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
wizkid and lies. na so he wan take build his said schools in West Africa?

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by finesounds01(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
to wizkid haters, he's not the first Nigerian to be honoured with such. one State in America declared praiz day too and it is been celebrated every year now.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lol why would Minnesota declare a day for Wizkid when 99% of Minnesotans have no idea who Wizkid is?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Joseunlimited(f): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
We we should fetch water?
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Lexusgs430: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
TheGreenLand:

.............Dettol cares wink

Indeed...... After exposing his nether regions. Dettol might purify his skin ......
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
There’s nothing like wizkid day. The funniest thing all Nigerians news channel took the news from wizkid Instagram and twitter pages without proper verification. Fake Journalism!! Who will declare wizkid day in America? People are busy working their a*s out daily. How did wizkid day going to be a benefit to this country economy? Even in Nigeria that he have lived all his life they didn’t declare wizkid day for a second. I rest my case.

........................................................................Check my signature for discount TOEFL.SAT.GRE.IELTS.

9 Likes

Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Lexusgs430: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
Elthugnificent:

YCS

Yoot Central Society?
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by lonlytroy(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
Make una go sleep; wetin be wizkid day?
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lol, Wiz kid is a tout.
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by Pabloosas(m): 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
kinglyt:
This is my first time commenting on nairaland
I thank God,my parent,my friend,my buddy,my haters for giving me this opportunity to be able to air my view on this great platform.
you can also welcome me you know..

BTW lol I wonder those who believe this ,wizkid fans will not allow us hear word in peace.
October 6 wizkid day ko Lifeless dey nii.

FTC cheesy
Re: Wizkid Day: Minessota Government Yet To Issue Official Statement by LordNapoleon: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
And why would a state like Minessota declare a Wizkid Day, because of the rubbish he sings?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

~Sanaa Lathan And Her Delicious Beau Adewale Ogunleye~ / Burial Arrangement For Nomoreloss Has Been Announced / “ Don’t Let Any Pastor Bully You” – Simi Pours Out Aggressively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.