Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) (111876 Views)

Expanded Polystyrene And Some Of Its Application / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) / ALTERNATIVE BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (RED INTERLOCKING BRICKS) COMPARATIVE COST ANALY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 9:58am On Apr 10, 2018
STEP 6 - GET IT WELL DRESSED BY AN EXPERIENCED HAND..... grin grin grin grin

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 10:06am On Apr 10, 2018
More Pics

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
@saydfact thanks for keeping to your promise of updating the thread with pictures of your Inspection Chamber cover.

went to deliver some polystyrene materials to a site close to one of saydfact site and I now checked on him saw some offcut of polystyrene boards with me and he request to use it for covering Inspection chambers, gave the boards out on the condition that he post the work on my page.
thanks for keeping to your word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2018
Teewhy2:
@saydfact thanks for keeping to your promise of updating the thread with pictures of your Inspection Chamber cover.

went to deliver some polystyrene materials to a site close to one of saydfact site and I now checked on him saw some offcut of polystyrene boards with me and he request to use it for covering Inspection chambers, gave the boards out on the condition that he post the work on my page.

uwc - grin grin grin
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2018
Teewhy2:

uwc - grin grin grin

I forgot to add that we needed less than 1 bag of cement to achieve this work - compare that to casting and reinforcing the normal chamber cover.

would have cost us much if we are to achieve this quality and thickness of 100mm (50cm poly + 30cm poly + 20cm (cover)

great value for money.... and all we needed were offcuts of polystyrene. thanks Teewhy
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by GodMercy2015: 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
How can you be reached please. i will be needing polysttyrene for paraphet for my three bedroom bungalow.
Teewhy2:

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
GodMercy2015:
How can you be reached please. i will be needing polysttyrene for paraphet for my three bedroom bungalow.

sir, you can send a mail to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 8:49am On May 01, 2018
To every worker who continues to give their best regardless of the limitations and challenges of the workplace…

To the ones who wake at 4 am and arrive home at 11pm...

To those who strive every day to put food on the table of their families...

Happy international workers day from all of us at Fruges Arena Ltd.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by princly4all: 10:47pm On May 01, 2018
@Teewhy2 pls how much would it cost to complete a two bedroom bungalow using this product.

I need to also confirm what your installation prices are per square meter especially noting that the two bedroom may sit on a 30/50 land space.

Or on a 95sqm land space

What's the cost of the installation and the cost of the purchase ? Princly4all@gmail.com
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by princly4all: 11:03am On May 02, 2018
Teewhy2:

To every worker who continues to give their best regardless of the limitations and challenges of the workplace…

To the ones who wake at 4 am and arrive home at 11pm...

To those who strive every day to put food on the table of their families...

Happy international workers day from all of us at Fruges Arena Ltd.

@Teewhy2 pls how much would it cost to complete a two bedroom bungalow using this product.

I need to also confirm what your installation prices are per square meter especially noting that the two bedroom may sit on a 30/50 land space.

Or on a 95sqm land space

What's the cost of the installation and the cost of the purchase ? Princly4all@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:35pm On May 02, 2018
princly4all:

Or on a 95sqm land space

Sir,
sorry for the late response and thanks for the mail, a response has been sent to your email address
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by spyder880(m): 7:06am On May 12, 2018
Teewhy2:

What's your contact number Sir, some people needs polystyrene parapets in Lagos area?. Waiting.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by abdulwastecx(m): 8:52am On May 12, 2018
spyder880:

What's your contact number Sir, some people needs polystyrene parapets in Lagos area?. Waiting.

Here sir 08169492682
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by spyder880(m): 10:42am On May 12, 2018
abdulwastecx:

Here sir 08169492682

Thank you Sir.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 6:40pm On May 12, 2018
spyder880:

Thanks sir my Oga for the mention, can you please send me a mail on frugesarenaltd@gmail.com to pass across my call contact or can I have a mail, I can contact you to send my call no.
Note the above call no. not my contact
I really appreciate.
God bless your hustle.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Arnoldfish(m): 7:44pm On May 15, 2018
Can this kind of cornice be achieved with EPS?

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 8:03am On May 16, 2018
Arnoldfish:

The pics you shared was actually done with polystyrene (offcourse I know its a 3ds grin grin ) - google polystyrene.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 5:01pm On May 17, 2018
Arnoldfish:

yes sir, it can be achieved with EPS, EPS is very flexible and can be use to make any design of choice. Kindly send me a sectional view with details of what you want and we can give it to you.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 5:11pm On May 17, 2018
To all our Muslim clients and well wishers
As the crescent moon is sighted...
And the holy month of Ramadan begins...
May Allah bless you with happiness
and
grace your home with warmth & peace !

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Arnoldfish(m): 9:57pm On May 18, 2018
saydfact:

The pics you shared was actually done with polystyrene (offcourse I know its a 3ds grin grin ) - google polystyrene.

Jeez, Great moldings... How did you achieve that?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 22, 2018
I sent you a mail from olayanjugto@yahoo.com. Want to know cost of EPS parapet cost + installation
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:47pm On May 23, 2018
efuks:
I sent you a mail from olayanjugto@yahoo.com. Want to know cost of EPS parapet cost + installation

Thanks seen and responded.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by myobjective: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Teewhy2:

Thanks seen and responded.

Please can you send me your number, I need to buy some polystyrene facial for a project here in Lagos. I need it urgently
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 5:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
myobjective:

Please can you send me your number, I need to buy some polystyrene facial for a project here in Lagos. I need it urgently

Sir,
Sorry for the late response.
What size of polystyrene facial do you want.
Kindly send a mail to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com for quick response.
Thanks
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by bandwidth: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2018
Hello Teewhy2,

For a bungalow, do I necessarily have to have a roof beam in place to hold the EPS parapet in place? I was wondering if same can be fastened to the roof plate coupled with the use of binding wires then apply concrete cast thereafter. I feel this would further save the cost of running and casting a roof beam.

Please what do you think of this idea?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by bandwidth: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2018
bandwidth:
Hello Teewhy2,

For a bungalow, do I necessarily have to have a roof beam in place to hold the EPS parapet in place? I was wondering if same can be fastened to the roof plate coupled with the use of binding wires then apply concrete cast thereafter. I feel this would further save the cost of running and casting a roof beam.

Please what do you think of this idea?

Your email address is unreachable.

Also,if I were to use a roof beam, would the casting be the conventional granite, sand and cement mixture?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2018
bandwidth:

Also,if I were to use a roof beam, would the casting be the conventional granite, sand and cement mixture?

It is advisable you use a roof beam,,, and yes, its the granite, sand, cement plus reinforcement bars still
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
bandwidth:

sir,
as advised by saydfact, The concrete helps the polystyrene to be held firm to the building and incase the binding wire fails it still holds it to the wall.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by MrMash(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
Good day,

Can u work on a project in ilorin?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by opomulero(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
can i use EPS to build another septic tank inside the current swptic tank im having now,

note
d currwnt septic tank is new and never being used.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2018
opomulero:
can i use EPS to build another septic tank inside the current swptic tank im having now,

note

Why exactly do you want to build a new in the existing, your answer might help in advicing you further... however, the straight answer to your question is YES but...... the reason to my initial question would determine how it shd be done.

I don't own the thread, Teewhy2 does - just concerned about your need.... regards

modified: After due consultation, polystyrene would only act as form-work while the main material wld be reinforced concrete - this is very expensive....and not cost saving?

I won't advice it.... except you can bear that cost of mass concrete. Thanks
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
saydfact:

Why exactly do you want to build a new in the existing, your answer might help in advicing you further... however, the straight answer to your question is YES but...... the reason to my initial question would determine how it shd be done.

I don't own the thread, Teewhy2 does - just concerned about your need.... regards

modified: After due consultation, polystyrene would only act as form-work while the main material wld be reinforced concrete - this is very expensive....and not cost saving?

I won't advice it.... except you can bear that cost of mass concrete. Thanks

opomulero:

note

Thanks for the contribution and question.
Happy new Month.
I will advice that concrete should be used for the septic tank or the polystyrene Naked panels should be used in between then casting of concrete done after that as placing the polystyrene panel outside can give way later in future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.