Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

What The Press Did Not Say About Nelson Mandela's Wife - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What The Press Did Not Say About Nelson Mandela's Wife (375 Views)

I Did Not Rape Christiana / I Did Not Rape Christiana / I Did Not Say I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda Adichie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Press Did Not Say About Nelson Mandela's Wife by SynCityNg: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
The manner in which the Newspaers in East Africa reported death of Winnie Mandela makes me to admire Philip Ochieng’s intellectual knack for framing the title of his book; I accuse the press, and indeed I am also pissed off with the focal parochialism of the East African Newspapers in relation to covering of Winnie Mandela’s death. For example this is how the Daily Nation in Kenya on 3rd Wednesday April 2018 announced Winnie’s death ;Winnie Mandela: South Africa’s flawed heroine dies.The East African Standard also a daily paper in Kenya on the same date on page three had its title focused on the flawed Marriage but not anti-apartheid legacies of Winnie Mandela.

I don’t dispute the fact that it is an out-dated culture among the media to report a case of man biting a dog but not a dog biting a man. Yes, it is a professional technique that was not supposed to be applied in reporting the death of Winnie Mandela.

Continue reading here https:///2A0CFHA

(1) (Reply)

Chadic Lions - Olivia Ezeani / Simple Human With Flaws / Write And Publish Your Book In 7 Days!! (free Writing Challenge Class)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.